GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RBS sale of selceted branches to santander - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBS sale of selceted branches to santander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS sale of selceted branches to santander

hi n-i-d
    i went to log on to my account with santander only to find they are buying selected RBS account in england and natwest accounts in scotland.
    should i be worried as i am with santander since i started my unenforceability route last march and i have credit cards with halifax and natwest which at the moment are unenforceable at the moment it says it will take around 12 - 18 months to complete but i want to know should i look for another account with someone else and will i get a full account with another bank as i now have 4 defaults i have pasted what it says for you to see i am not allowed to paste this then sorry and please delete it thanks in advance n-i-d

Content You are here Customers Sale of selected RBS and Natwest Branches Sale of selected Branches
    The Sale of RBS branches in England and Wales and NatWest branches in Scotland

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group has recently announced the sale to Santander of RBS branches in England and Wales and the NatWest branch network in Scotland.

The sale includes the following accounts linked to these branches:

Our personal, including private banking, customers
    Our business and commercial customers
    In addition a relatively small number of mid-corporate customers across the UK will be included.

The sale is in line with the agreement reached with the European Commission at the end of last year and is subject to regulatory approval and other conditions.

For those customers affected, there will be no immediate change. They are still customers of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group and do not need to take any action at this time.

We expect the sale to take around 12 to 18 months to complete and customers can continue to use their local branches and existing products and services as they do now. When the sale is completed, the branches and any accounts included in the sale, will transfer to Santander.

Santander is one of the world's largest financial services companies and a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. We will be working closely with them to ensure a smooth transition and we will let customers know of any changes that might affect them well in advance.

In the meantime, it is very much a case of business as usual.

We are committed to keeping customers fully informed at all times about the sale and what it might mean to them in the future. We are writing to all those customers affected and a helpline is available for personal and business customers.

Find out more about the RBS England and Wales branch sale
    Find out more about the NatWest Scotland branch sale
    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Re: RBS sale of selceted branches to santander

having dealt with santander in the past, my own very independent advice is

RRRRUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeDreddy View Post
      having dealt with santander in the past, my own very independent advice is

RRRRUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
      ha ha thanks i have had no problems with them im on their zero account so i don't get any charges
      ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Don't worry, they are buying branches - not customers (I think) - in any case, as with Lloyds/HBOS - if they have two separate FSA numbers then they are two companies and will not utilise RoSo....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

RBS is selling NatWest branches in Scotland and RBS branches in England and Wales.

"If your account is at a branch of NatWest in England and Wales, you will not be affected by the sale.
          If your account is at a branch of NatWest in Scotland, there will be no immediate change. You are still a NatWest customer and do not need to take any action at this time. We expect the sale to take around 12 to 18 months to complete and it is subject to regulatory approval and other conditions. The service you receive from us will continue to run as normal, as will your account and any products you hold with us. When the sale is completed, your local branch and any of your accounts included in the sale will transfer to Santander."
          http://natwestbranchinformation.com/Home/Personal

The above is from the natwest site

The wording for RBS Bank is similar: http://rbsbranchinformation.co.uk/Home/Personal

Comment

Working...
          X