GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

I will start gathering some info soon on this as it looks like they are using what they already have but i can add further comments if i wish to, as this was last week, I will try to make some points by later today or tomorrow to send.

In my point of view my house insurance i chosen was to cover for everything i wanted covered, valuables, structure etc.....

Now at the end of 2007 I also opted to take out Swalec cover, called Gold Shield, to cover heating, plumbing etc, okay I did not have this cover at the time Lloyds upgraded our account but my point is that if the bank said we wanted the cover to take out the account with them, then why would we have taken out the cover with Swalec a bit later on. We did not know anything about the home emergency cover, as this was never discussed, as said why take out another separate cover later on then if this is the case and pay out more costs?

Comment

That's a good point. Don't dwell / go on about it. Simply say as you have above in 2 lines lol. The less you say the better

Let me know and I'll check before you send.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okey dokey thanks lol this will be later or tomoz now, need a clear head lol lol!

Comment

Sorry for butting in but just wanted to say good luck I've read through it all and it's helped me to understand a lot. Fingers crossed!

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
            Sorry for butting in but just wanted to say good luck I've read through it all and it's helped me to understand a lot. Fingers crossed!
            Thank you and your welcome and to post anytime too!
            If there is anything we can also help you with as well, let us know x

Comment

What about something like this??

For the attention of Adjudicator/Ombudsman

I comment further in relation to your email dated 10 April 2014.

You have made a statement that the Home Emergency Cover would be more cost effective to take/use this cover and other benefits of the account than to pay an additional premium.

As you are aware, we already held a cover from Aviva Home/Buildings Insurance at the time Lloyds upgraded our account to Premier and later on (a few months after Lloyds upgraded) we changed to a stand alone Lloyds Homes/buildings cover. Lloyds had sold us this cover as we re-mortgaged prior to then also with Lloyds.

We chosen our already in place cover to suit our own requirements, to include contents/valubles, buildings, which include structual damage etc as an overall one monthly repayment to cover for all that was required.

We also taken out a Swalec Shield Cover to that includes cover for emergencies, ie; heating/plumbing etc.
              Now in our opinion, why would we have bothered to take out this cover?

In your previous email its been said that Lloyds said we upgraded for the Premier account specifically for this home emergency cover.
              If this was the case, we would have been aware of it and not taken out a cover such as the one stated above.

We have also explained in details of how Lloyds upgraded the Premier account and would like all our comments to be taken into full consideration.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely
              Last edited by di30; 15 April 2014, 16:04.

Comment

.........excuse spelling lol, "mortgage" lol

Comment

See revised version below......

Dear (enter adjudicator name),

In response to your email dated 10 April 2014 we'd like you to take into account our version of events.

You stated that the Home Emergency Cover would be more cost effective to take/use this cover and other benefits of the account than to pay an additional premium. We totally disagree with this statement and feel rather insulted that you've dismissed the mis-sale of additional products based on yet more incorrect assumptions. It's really not that difficult to prove that we had various repetitive products from varying firms including the bank, Lloyds, which confirms that nothing was explained to us otherwise why would we have agreed to half the duplicated products? It makes no sense.

Our understanding was that regulated products had to be explained to the purchaser in detail prior to acceptance. If either of us was understanding of the benefits then we'd have picked up long ago that something was wrong. The point of regulation is that we do not need to train to become IFA's hence we tend to trust our bank - until recently this was the norm. We all trusted our bank, didn't we?

As you are aware, we already held appropriate cover from Aviva Home/Buildings Insurance at the time Lloyds upgraded our account to Premier. A few months after the upgrade (approx 5-6 months) we changed to a stand alone Lloyds Home & Buildings cover. Lloyds had sold us this cover as we re-mortgaged prior to then, funnily enough the remortgage was also with Lloyds.

As the Lloyds representative put such a good spin on things, we ended up cancelling the Aviva policy and instead going to Lloyds for our main Home & Buildings policy which as already mentioned was at least 5-6 months AFTER the bank account upgrade so why did the mortgage rep not even pick up on the fact we had adequate cover in place with these bank accounts?

It should also be noted that some time later we also added "Swalec Shield Cover" to the policy portfolio which included cover for emergencies, ie; heating/plumbing emergencies etc. Why would we have bothered to take out this cover if we knew we already had adequate cover? Our argument here is not solely the fact we had so many duplicate policy features sold by the same bank, it's more to do with the fact that not once was anything explained to us by the bank in question and this is evident in the amount of policies we held. It was unnecessary - simple.

In your previous email you stated that Lloyds stated we'd upgraded to the Premier account specifically for the home emergency cover. Really? Well if that was the case we would have been aware of the benefits and not taken out additional cover, wouldn't you agree?

We are going around in circles here and it seems you are STILL missing the point, please therefore ensure you acknowledge my discomfort at your lack of diligence in picking up the main crux of my complaint(s).

We have previously explained in details of how Lloyds upgraded the Premier account and would like all our comments to be taken into full consideration.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs & Mrs Di30
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That ought to sort things in your favour again lol

Comment

EXCELLENT!!! that's more like it! haha! thank you THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        EXCELLENT!!! that's more like it! haha! thank you THANK YOU!!!!
                        reading it like that and adding the impossible regulatory questions should put you back in control as the crux of the matter is, you didn't need to understand things but the bank DID have a duty to make you understand PRIOR to sale, so in theory the FOS must now find in your favour as every argument they've countered has been reversed back at another banking error.

its shambolic, it really is, you need to do a reclaim across the board if successful with this, ie ask the ombudsman to rule that Lloyds do a whole account review and refund all premiums paid plus interest and compensation.... Failing that raise a new complaint for each mis-sale over the years and you'll run rings around both Lloyds and the FOS (I'll help - commission based lol - rich overnight haha)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          reading it like that and adding the impossible regulatory questions should put you back in control as the crux of the matter is, you didn't need to understand things but the bank DID have a duty to make you understand PRIOR to sale, so in theory the FOS must now find in your favour as every argument they've countered has been reversed back at another banking error.

its shambolic, it really is, you need to do a reclaim across the board if successful with this, ie ask the ombudsman to rule that Lloyds do a whole account review and refund all premiums paid plus interest and compensation.... Failing that raise a new complaint for each mis-sale over the years and you'll run rings around both Lloyds and the FOS (I'll help - commission based lol - rich overnight haha)
                          Super!!!! yes exactly!!! it just seems like we get over one hurdle then its on to another, then they gone back round in a circle again, but that letter is fab Niddy thank you so much, Scooby also says a big thanks too)

LOL LOL! yep if that does fail I also look forward to that too LOL cheers !

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

This account is still with Cabot, Lloyds have no part of the account anymore, as it was fully assigned totally to Cabot some time ago, so where does this leave us with this one? (on the refund side of it)?
                            Now with this bank account we were paying excessive charges on top of the Premier account of £25 so sometimes this may have been another £75 approx on top a month, are these charges also to be included do you know please?

Comment

STOP!!!!!!

lets stop right there. One step at a time. Forget the rest for now.

Comment

Ok Boss lol lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X