GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Fingers crossed for yours too!
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Thank you x :-)

I have found the bank statement to clarify that the gold account service was not taken at the time of the loan was purchased, this proves that point and also found info from the bank on a letter that previous accounts prior to the gold account was being phased out, so this should be a good submission too, shame I didnt find this info before but at least I do get the chance to submit further info before the final decision is made.

Despite the part uphold on the Premier account, in regards of the previous accounts of Platinum and Gold, the Ombudsman is still happy that we benefitted from the pref rates of the loans, yet they did state that Lloyds could not provide the exact rate info at the time.

The benefits were all useless to us and when the bank upgraded us to Gold, it was because they did say previous accounts were to be no more (like the fee free account), so what choice did we have?

As the letter was sent by email Iattachment, I am awaiting for the hard copy to attach then I can delete the personal stuff and attach here, I have no ink at the moment to print the one they sent by email lol x

Comment

Have tried posting the letter up by using the usual setting etc pdf but page 2 keeps failing to send, any idea with this please folks? Cheers.

Comment

Could be an ill formatted pdf the forum is not recognising as that format? Odd.

Email to me and I will have a look.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
            Could be an ill formatted pdf the forum is not recognising as that format? Odd.

Email to me and I will have a look.
            Thank you, I have just emailed you with the attachments.

Much appreciated. :-)

Comment

Is this any good? Not sure whether you wanted images to display on here or just a pdf?

decision-doc.pdf

Or wthere the cover letter was really needed? Left it off for now as it is more diffucicult to redact.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Images are uploading for me. But not sure if will preview?

OK. Maybe they will then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	page1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1400534Click image for larger version

Name:	page2.jpg
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1400532Click image for larger version

Name:	page3.jpg
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	1400530Click image for larger version

Name:	page4.jpg
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1400528

Comment

This is great thank you so much!

Comment

I have found the details/statement to prove that the Gold service account was not part of agreeing to the loan, as the account was upgraded by Lloyds over a month before, so with that I think its worth submitting - because going by the ombudsman comment she does state she could not find the statement in relation to this.

I have also found the letter/info from the bank to tell me previous accounts via fee free accounts were being phased out and replaced with the packaged accounts, i'e gold account, which explains why we did not know we could have stayed in the classic account.

(Typical to find these essential info later but still, hope it will now be taken into consideration), because we were misled into taking it out and nor did we use ANY of the accounts as we had already relevant cover in place, such as breakdown with the union and it covered more than just basic breakdown, we never even held mobile phones until the end of 2007, no passport as I have never been abroad and we had separate extended warranty cover in place.

Now with also having yet another new adjudicator (as informed by email when the adjudicator sent us the provisional decision), I am wondering if previous information was forwarded to the Ombudsman, as some things are missed and going back to the start of the gold account we are certain we did send this copy to the first adjudicator!

I note Lloyds could not forward so much info when it came to the platinum account, but am surprised the FOS never asked me for anything on this account, like statements etc, as I have also found details of the OD interest rate for a the time Lloyds again upgraded out account to Platinum in Aug 2005.
                    I think the missing info I will be able to send them but dont want to be shooting myself in the foot!

At least we do have until 24 June to submit further, but I also had this read by someone that used to work for a bank and was told it was an odd decision taking into account my reasons.

Comment

Hey Di!

Been a few weeks but so glad to come back and find out that it's moving along well! Provisional decision in your favour, good. Let's hope it's the same at the end aswell.

- TM

TibetanMonk
                      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                        Hey Di!

Been a few weeks but so glad to come back and find out that it's moving along well! Provisional decision in your favour, good. Let's hope it's the same at the end aswell.

- TM
                        Thank you all with your support and Niddy's help x

Comment

Will get draft up later or tomorrow :-)

Comment

No rest for the wicked (me) eh

but its a start at least. Now to win the other two parts plus an award of compo
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

LOL I know Niddy, I dont know how you can do it.........., yeah will be good but a its a great start indeed.......cheers..........

Comment

Okay this is just a draft, probably too much irrelevant info from me again on this but I know it can be put right by you Niddy lol thanks....

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................

For the attention of

Complaint REF:

Thank you for your Provisional Decision dated 23 May 2014.

You have also given us the opportunity to submit further information in relation to the packaged accounts for consideration.

Firstly, in regards of the final account upgrade to the Premier Account, we agree with the outcome you made on this as that is how it was, as you already have a detailed explanation on this from us we would like this opportunity to submit further information on accounts upgraded prior to the Premier Account.

We have found the relevant statement which confirms at the end of year 2000 that the Gold Account was already in place and was so for over a month before we taken out a loan in January 2001.
                                It appears the change over from the Classic Account to Gold Account was December 2000, as you will be aware statements are processed usually a month on to give details of the previous month's debits and credits etc....
                                You said you were persuaded that we had taken on the Gold Service Account to benefit for the Gold Service Loan. We do not agree, if this was the case then why wait over a month when Lloyds upgraded our account, would we have done this at the time they upgraded our account?

We did already have a loan in place, whilst under the Classic Account, come January 2001 we did have a loan because we needed one which also cleared the previous loan, and was not given a choice of loans explaining rates, nor was it confirmed to be a preferential rate as we would not have known any difference anyway, a loan was a loan, as with previous loans the rates were never discussed as long as we could afford to make the monthly repayments was important to us, if the rate was high but with a monthly lower repayment then the lower monthly repayment loan is what was important to us at the time.

The main of the benefits on the Gold account was no use to us, Mobile Phone Insurance, we did not own Mobiles/Travel/ Never been abroad and never own a passport. and with Breakdown we had cover in place with the works Union which included even more breakdown benefits, and Card Protection the fact that banks have to protect you anyway, even in a fee free account.

Also an email sent to the Adjudicator on 01/11/2013 we forwarded a stand alone Insurance cover that protected endless items, this also included Personal Money/Cards, Locks and Keys etc and many other items to include a 15% no claims discount, this was very little premium a month, we forwarded this paperwork to the Adjudicator on the above said date. This was to do with House Insurance and nothing to do with the Gold Account, as this was already in place before Lloyds upgraded the account to Gold Service, it was actually a stand alone cover again by Lloyds Insurance.

The Adjudicator on request sent us the copy of the extended warranty that was supposed to be part of the Gold Service Account, it also appears to be a December 2000 date on that too but although we do not remember receiving that information from the bank, as explained above we already held relevant cover that did also include extended cover as a stand alone cover.

Shortcomings should be taken into account, as Lloyds like any bank was required to provide us with information about our accounts that was clear, fair and not misleading to allow us to make a decision about whether or not the account was suitable for our needs then.

We had found this confusing, because even though we held a Classic Account prior to Gold Service, charges eventually applied to the Classic Account, with that we were informed that all accounts charge This was why we didn't know we could have stayed put with the Classic Account or any longer have a fee free account, we were informed that older accounts were being phased out. So what were we to do? (it was not explained that the charges were actually OD charges as some statements show FIXED CHARGE) It was the Adjudicator that clarified this to us one of her emails.

You may also note on a complaint sent to Lloyds in August 2012, the decision letter from them dated 16 August 2012 to reject and also the comment made by Mr Andrew Frost from Lloyds complaints "(These accounts have almost all been phased out and the modern account with added product benefits have replaced them)".
                                However, somehow the letter also states that we have had experience of these types of accounts with their benefits since 1996, and the page prior to that also states "this shows you have had top product in 1996 and have come full circle back to our top product in 2007" Something is amiss on this!

We were simply flogged/mis-informed and staff are incentivised to sell and driven to upgrade without thinking what is right for the customer and don't care if you use the extra's or not.

In regards of the Platinum account, we cannot recall on receiving information on this packaged account, no welcome pack and researching the benefits of this package online, its the same as Gold Account, maybe an extra benefit but again not suited to us.
                                We cannot even remember how this was upgraded but we would not have gone out of our way to ask to be upgraded but the point here is we were paying more than the previous account for nothing more extra?

We note the mention again of preferential rates in 2005 when Lloyds had upgraded the account to Platinum Account, they could not provide you with the Interest rates but you had gone by the information on the rate that applied 5 months later.
                                I have attached a copy of this for you and another to do with the Classic Account (Please note previous address on Classic account OD information and maiden name Davies).

Please take into account the information provided to you and contact us if there is anything further you need to know, thank you.

Yours sincerely

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................

Okay its late so hopefully I've not missed anything, but it seems to me that the adjudicators failed to forward some of the information on, and now I have a new adjudicator again 3rd one now LOL.

Thanks..........

Comment

Working...
                                X