GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Opened email this morning from the adjudicator, basically saying the rates not significantly much different to that of the prov decision - am stuck!

Dear Mr and Mrs

Further to your email we have now heard back from Lloyds on the things I queried with it and I just wanted to come back to you on a couple of points you made in your email.

First – referring to the statements supplied by yourselves it appears that the overdraft interest rates actually charged were not significantly different to those used in the calculation in the provisional decision.

Secondly – I noted your comments about the overdraft interest on the Platinum Account being higher than on the Gold account and I contacted Lloyds about this. Lloyds said this was due to a combination of the use of the overdraft and the length of the charging periods. The average usage for July/August appears to be around £1,500 whilst the September/October average is significantly higher at between £3,500 and £4,000. Furthermore, the July/August charging period was shorter than that of September/October. Assessing the statements in light of this information again suggests the overdraft interest rates used in the provisional decision were not significantly different to those that were actually charged.

All of the emails and documents you have sent in response to the provisional decision have been added to your file for the ombudsman to review but I just thought it might be helpful if I commented on the above two points. As previously mentioned, the file will be passed back to the ombudsman on 24 June so I would be grateful if you could provide any remaining comments before then – or let me know that you won’t be sending anything further.

Yours sincerely,

Adjudicator

Comment

After letting the Adjudicator know that we add nothing further, we were informed that apart from the questions about the interest the adjudicator asked them, they confirm they make no further comment in regards of the Provisional Decision, and that the Ombudsman aims to make the final decision next week. Fingers crossed and Niddy thanks for all your help. I will have to accept what will be will be and at least one of the 3 we did succeed Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        After letting the Adjudicator know that we add nothing further, we were informed that apart from the questions about the interest the adjudicator asked them, they confirm they make no further comment in regards of the Provisional Decision, and that the Ombudsman aims to make the final decision next week. Fingers crossed and Niddy thanks for all your help. I will have to accept what will be will be and at least one of the 3 we did succeed Thank you.
        Thats brilliant news! Let's hope you get everything you deserve

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Thank you, fingers crossed x

Comment

Still waiting anxiously for the final outcome..........when that will be i do know know for sure, but was told it would be this week.

Will keep you posted and now what will be will be lol...........

Comment

My fingers are still crossed Di
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                My fingers are still crossed Di
                As are mine

TibetanMonk
                On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Final decision received by email and hard copy in the post.

Ombudsman kept it to the same outcome as the Provisional decision and no further compo for distress or inconvenience either.

Still its something to have it part up-held and better than not at all, but i still think they didnt take everything seriously into consideration, the words on the decision are still more or less going by lack of lloyds info where they back this up......strange but true.

I have until July to accept, so do I still accept it and put in a complaint to the Service manager, can i do that?

Thank you so much for all your help niddy

Comment

Reply as per my FB message for now. Ask why your request for compensation was TOTALLY overlooked, that's all for now.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you, have emailed to ask this now, cheers......

Comment

Will see if he gets back or not and go from there lol...
                        Last edited by di30; 26 June 2014, 16:00.

Comment

It's not great news but it is the FOS we are dealing with here sadly.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Still better than a no all round and yes its the FOS!! (y)

Am I still able to complain about the service of the complaint if i accept this now?

Comment

R-reading it again. I dont think they will get back to that question, because the letter does state they are not allowed to give details of the complaint, but can only discuss about accepting the decision or rejecting.......

Just copied and pasted this from an email weeks ago when asking for details to complain about their service below but can i still accept and complain about the service, surely that is separate?

Dear Mr & Mrs

Further to my last email I have attached a leaflet with information regarding our complaints process.

The first point of call would be my manager, Lisa Lowe, who is available on 02070935702 or lisa.lowe@financial-ombudsman.org.uk. Lisa can look at the service you have received, but not at the outcome of the complaint as that is strictly down to the Ombudsman.
                              Yours sincerely,
                              Adjudicator

Comment

This here is from the FOS website, on further redress, distress/inconvience etc.

(*now at one time the first adjudicator did also recommend it to be upheld*)

I also dare say that the distress, inconvenience side of the list applies, especially6 due to my chronic illness (i dont think they realise is life threatening)!

We have gone out of our way, and even when feeling ill i have had to to it!

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...onvenience.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X