GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Oh look!! Acknowledgment by the end of the day again LOL! At least they have it haha.

Here:

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email.

I have noted the points you have raised, and in light of this I am reviewing the information I have on file. I would also reiterate that the ombudsman is reviewing the complaint, independently of myself and the previous opinions of Ms Jarrold. We have a two stage process for situations like this, where either the consumer or business disagree with the adjudicators view.

You have indicated that you wish to raise a complaint about the service you have received. Please note that my manager cannot look at the merits of the complaint, but only the customer service that has been provided. If would like to make a service complaint, please let me know and I will forward on my managers details.

If you have any questions or queries about this, please let me know.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator| Financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

No reply necessary at this stage. Let's see what this new review brings
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

LMAO!!!!

So what about the details of his Manager? (that he said he will forward if we want to complain of the service) shall i just leave that then as well for now?

Comment

As you said Niddy on FB, not to respond any further and now just wait for a response from them.

Well at least they know now we will not be leaving it be and I'm sure the most recent comments sent was a wake up call for them......thank you Niddy.....

It appears that in the last year or so, or since the ppi judical review the FOS seem to be feeling sorry for the banks and siding with them, as I have been taking a browse here and there, and one post on MSE I believe it was, they contacted the bank (also in regards of a rejected packaged account) so will be going to the FOS, they were bluntly told to do that, because the fos will probably side with them anyway, as they have a good relationship with them!!!! I was outraged by reading that, but it will eventually all come out in the end on how the FOS are not being equal like they should be!
          It seems whatever the banks/business says goes!

Comment

i dont want to speak too soon, but its nice to have a break with them, as they were requesting for stuff all the time, hopefully all is covered now and the next time we hear will be a decision.

Considering its a fast track case, the way its going it will be going into 2 years lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              LMAO!!!!

So what about the details of his Manager? (that he said he will forward if we want to complain of the service) shall i just leave that then as well for now?
              Yes that is what I am saying - chill will you
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                i dont want to speak too soon, but its nice to have a break with them, as they were requesting for stuff all the time, hopefully all is covered now and the next time we hear will be a decision.

Considering its a fast track case, the way its going it will be going into 2 years lol.....
                Hey let's just hope they're paying attention and reverse their shoddy fix of a reversal against the original decision in your favour. Now is the time for you to go quiet and await a response - don't hassle them, leave them to it - just keep us updated

Comment

Cheers Niddy
                  Yes will leave them be for sure, or they may ask for more info LOL!

Comment

Opened up to an email from Adjudicator about the CPP we emailed to clarify this in March who is saying it was not CPP but PPI, but can understand the confusion, even so, the union covered for things like this plus the house insurance, so do you think it maybe worth mentioning about this? As it may go against our claim? Will wait for your response on this Niddy, thank you....

Dear Mr and Mrs

I email to clarify one of the points previously raised during the course of our correspondence. In your email of 25 March 2014, you provided copies of your MasterCard statements to show that you held duplicate CPP cover provided by a standalone policy and also through the packaged account.

Having investigated this and requested that Lloyds provide its comments, it appears that the Cardholder Protection Plan was a form of payment protection insurance (PPI) and not a duplicate of the CPP provided by the account. I do acknowledge that it is difficult to tell the difference between the two insurances but I thought it would be useful to clarify this.

If you do wish to comment on this, as always, please feel free to send your comments and these will be added to the file and available to the ombudsman.

Yours sincerely

Comment

You literally respond as follows;

"as previously stated, at that particular time I never knew what really did what hence this complaint. If now, some 15 years later I STILL do not understand the specifics of each add-on then surely my point is now proven. Nothing more I can add because it is clear I was sold everything possible to upsell, by the bank. This just compounds my misery."

They're now falling into our trap that we laid. ie they'll question parts but we spin it around like above. You should be fine. It's really down to who they feel is more credible I think.

Comment

Thanks again Niddy and done!

Comment

Are you following the plan now? It all leads back to the same answer - if you knew what you were signing up to then you'd not have duplicated things, obviously. That's how we answered their earlier email and all future questions will lead back to the same answer, above.

Simples

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Are you following the plan now? It all leads back to the sane answer - if you knew what you were signing up to then you'd not have duplicated things, obviously. That's how we answered their earlier email and all future questions will lead back to the same answer, above.

Simples
                            Yes definately picked up on this now LOL thank you

Comment

Just a confirmation email received......

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for providing your comments.

I will add this to the file and update you as soon as there is some progress.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Received the "Provisional decision" from Ombudsman.
                                It states it will uphold in part but we can send further submissions by the mid of June the latest but to let them know as this provisional decision can change when it comes to the final decision.

Looks like they missed the date of the upgrading of the gold account in about Dec 2000, as they say the loan in Jan 2001 was likely to have been taken at the same time or around the upgrade, "where the account was actually upgraded a month or so before the loan in Jan 2001" so I shall be sending this statements in to prove this (shows the first adjudicator did not pass this one)!
                                And a few other points missed too.
                                They have agreed in part to uphold on the Premier package account from 2007 to 2009, but not once did the adjudicator/ombudsman request for any info from us when it came to the platinum account like they did with the gold and premier!
                                I shall of course wait to see what Niddy says when he's back from his hols

The Adjudicator emailed it by attachment today from the Ombudsman and the Adjudicator also confirmed that he is leaving the FOS today and now on to another one that will be working alongside with the Ombudsman dealing with our complaint, so we on to the 3rd one LOL........

Dear Mr and Mrs

The ombudsman has now reached a provisional decision on your complaint. Please find this attached to this email and also sent by post.

I am leaving the Financial Ombudsman Service today, so I have passed your complaint to my colleague Mr Alex Chruscikowski, who will be the point of contact going forward.

Mr *************i can be contacted by email: ************@financial-ombudsman.org.uk and by telephone: 0203. Mr **********8 will be available from Tuesday 27 May 2014.

Yours sincerely

South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR

Comment

Working...
                                X