GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Yep your right lol...., I am here and there with it, as to them making incorrect decisions is so true.

Wlll leave them be and get on with it, see what happens but I have no faith in them lol, cheers for the help Niddy

Comment

Received confirmation afterall lol, we shall see though........in a month maybe 2 lol.

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email.

I confirm that I have received this and successfully opened the attachments.

I have added the email to the case file so that the ombudsman can review this.

Yours sincerely

J
      Adjudicator| Financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

Another email came from the Adjudicator, Lloyds are now telling the Ombudsman that we taken up Premier account to take advantage of the home emergency cover! This is incorrect.
        We did remortgage with lloyds also in 2007 and cover was arranged due to that, the premier account was before that and as explained in an earlier email/info the manager just went upstairs to upgrade without asking us, because we went in to tell him we were having probs using our platinum cards, he said "he didnt know what the problem was in us using our plat debit cards, but upgraded the account for us and we shouldnt have any problems now" that was that!

I have just quickly sent an email in hope we catch the adjudicator before he goes home for the day, to ask if they can please provide the dates that lloyds provided them on this matter.............anyway email below....(hope that was okay to do that)?

Dear Mr and Mrs

I email further to our previous correspondence about your complaint.

Lloyds Bank has provided internal system notes which suggest that you upgraded to the Premier account to take advantage of the Home Emergency Cover. The ombudsman has requested that you provide your comments regarding this.

I would please ask that you do so as soon as possible and at the latest, by 2 April 2014.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if you have any queries.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator| Financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

......I have found the proof, the Premier account was upgraded 4 months prior to the home cover, i have the evidence...

Comment

Copy / scan the proof and send it with a brief explanation as you have done above.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, yes wlll get on to that now, cheers.

I think now the ombudsman has moved on to this account, contacted them and that was just some simple notes they hold.

Will get on with this now, cheers.

Comment

Done! I did also request for confirm receipt to make sure the info reached them.

If they do not see through this then well!!!! but it looks like the ombudsman it making its way up the accounts, not unless more to come yet on the platinum lol......

Comment

Something that has come to mind, i believe now it may be a cover within the premier account, but if this was the case then why on earth was I still paying insurance with Norwich union that i had this cover with until i cancelled in November 2007? I did not use it either, so why would it have been an advantage to me?

Any ideas on this please?

Comment

Below i got this from checking lloyds emergency cover, but this is the updated version as we dont think we had the welcome pack for this back in 2007, but why on earth would we want to upgrade just for this benefit when we didnt use it and we had cover of this already within Norwich Union?
                    AA Home Emergency Cover
                    Emergencies around the house can be time
                    -consuming and difficult to deal with, especially if you don’t have a reputable tradesperson to call on.
                    Service you can trust makes all the difference. That’s why AA Home Emergency Cover (underwritten by Acromas Insurance Company Limited) protects you against the costs and inconvenience of unexpected domestic emergencies. This includes emergency cover for the big things like damage to your roof and your primary heating system, as well as smaller (but no less important) things like broken windows. You’ll find your full terms and conditions of your cover in the small print booklet of this pack. For now though, here’s a quick look at what is, and isn’t, covered.
                    What’s an emergency?
                    As it applies to your Home Emergency Cover, an emergency is defined as a sudden or unforeseen situation which, if not dealt with immediately, would in our opinion cause one of the following: render your home unsafe, uninhabitable or insecure or cause further damage to your home. What does that mean? It means if it’s an ongoing problem, it’s not an emergency. And if you’re left with alternative options available, then it isn’t an emergency either.
                    What’s covered?
                    Things that are typically covered (classed as an emergency):
                    1. A blocked or overflowing drain.
                    2. All your electrics tripping in your home so you’re continually resetting the fuse board to maintain the electrical supply.
                    3. Cracked or smashed window(s) making your home insecure.
                    4. A sudden and uncontainable leak from a water pipe.
                    5. A toilet that isn’t flushing or it’s blocked and there are no other accessible toilets in your home.
                    6. Boiler repairs where you have no heat and/or hot water.

Comment

Draft letter ..........

For the attention of the Adjudicator/Ombudsman

We comment further on your email dated Thursday 27 March 2014 in regards of Lloyds notes of having the advantage of the Premier package account because of the Home Emergency Cover.
                      The Ombudsman would like us to comment on this matter.

We emailed you yesterday with attachments of cover already in place, but we now come to realize the cover you are applying to is the cover that may have been attached to having the Premier account.

We would like to clarify that as for already having cover in place with another provider, this was for Home/Buildings, that already provided us with the sufficient cover also for emergencies then why would we want to double up on the cover?

We had sufficient cover in place with another provider and as stated on the email sent to you yesterday, this covered from November 2003 to cancellation November 2007, because in October 2007, Lloyds provided us with a cover from them, which brings us to the thought of why would we again want to double up. We were not aware of the cover within the package and nor was it discussed to us, nor do we recall on receiving the welcome pack for this account, this would however would have been raised when they sold us the Home Insurance cover in October 2007.
                      We did not use the emergency cover within the package and as for already having cover in place since 2003 with another provider, it would not make sense to overspend, of course if this was the case wouldn't we have cancelled out the one or at least of updated it, why pay more?

For the sake of having the Premier Account just for the Home Emergency Cover does not make sense, as for already having one in place that we were happy with at the time.

If you could please take this info consideration and the details explained to you on the earlier email of how this account was sold to us, as we feel this is important that this is all taken into account.

We look forward to hearing from you, and if you have further questions, please email me as soon as possible and we will get back with the information you require.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Ok send that.

Good luck
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Done and thank you.

Comment

How lovely of Aviva, to send me the duplicate by email, it has all the details of the policy (dates), the cover which would mean i would be paying double cover , so the wording of the policy they sent as well as the agreement(s), thank you Aviva lol

Comment

Confirmation from adjudicator....

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your emails and prompt responses.

I have been running a training session today and therefore, I have been away from my desk. As such I haven’t had the opportunity to review each of the emails you have sent. I will do so on Monday, but wanted to assure you that I have received the emails and the attachments.

I will be in touch on Monday regarding the comments made in your emails.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator|

Comment

I could be wrong but with the ombudsman now asking for the above stated comments in relation of the premier package account, it does sound like she/he has investigated the gold, possibly the platinum, not unless that is to come yet, but with Premier being the highest upgrade we had, I would think they would do this in an orderely manner??

Comment

Working...
                                X