GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Back again, this time with a shiny current account! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back again, this time with a shiny current account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again, this time with a shiny current account!

Hi everyone, some of you may remember me from a while ago as the guy who had trouble obtaining a bank account. That thread is here if you want to refresh your memories: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...c-bank-account

Since I finally managed to open a basic bank account with Lloyds, I have now managed much later to obtain a proper bank account with unrestricted debit card and other perks not associated with a basic account without even trying! However, this now makes me very skeptical as to why.

I applied for an RBS basic bank account because I was being dumped into the new TSB bank by Lloyds with my nearest branch an hours drive away (as I have since moved away from London) to my surprise, RBS offered me a full and proper 'select' account and I have since moved all my banking over to them.

However, since then I have become skeptical. Other banks wouldn't even let me have an account with them, what makes RBS different? I know they are apart of Natwest, and I am beginning to wonder whether Natwest own any companies that are currently chasing me for debt and will now use any money in this new account to pay some of my debts owed.

I currently have debts with (and am on a plan for

HSBC Overdraft
    HSBC Credit Card
    Vanquis Credit Card
    Aqua Credit Card
    Capital One Credit Card
    Wonga
    Moneyshop
    Northern Debt Recovery
    Speedycash

Have I just stupidly walked into a trap here? Or am I in the clear and none of these companies are connected with Natwest/RBS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys. You truly are the best resource I've ever had for advice on money and debt!

Re: Back again, this time with a shiny current account!

Hi Henry,

The RBS Group is massive. To my knowledge, it is:

Royal Bank of Scotland
    Halifax
    Natwest
    Sainsburys Bank
    Tesco Bank
    and now part of the Lloyds banking group.

I believe RBS have a more lenient view to lending when compared with Lloyds as you have found out who as far as i am aware do not have any links with anyone in your list.

Hope this helps.
    Missy
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

a few wee mistooks there

Halifax and Sainsbury's were part of HBOS, not rBS, although I think Sainsbury's is now Sainsbury's

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        a few wee mistooks there

Halifax and Sainsbury's were part of HBOS, not rBS, although I think Sainsbury's is now Sainsbury's
        ah got ya. Thanks for clearing that up MrsD
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks guys. That's definitely a load off. Now to finally sort out my debts!

Comment

Originally posted by henryJSB View Post
            Thanks guys. That's definitely a load off. Now to finally sort out my debts!
            Glad to see you back Henry!

Cheers
            Missy

Comment

Working...
            X