GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Glam 70's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Glam 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Glam 70's

Ok Scorpio's got the 80's thread but what about the 70s for those of us who are slightly [size=5]older[/s] [size=5]past it[/s] more mature?

What are your memories of the 70's? What do you love/hate about the decade?

To start us off (in no particular order)

Donny Osmond and David Cassidy ;happy
    Elvis in his white jumpsuit ;happy
    ABBA
    Power cuts
    Glam rock
    Clackers
    Space hoppers
    School discos (went to an all-girls school so the joint disco with the boy's school was a big thing)
    First snog
    First baby ;EEK
    Mini skirts
    Maxi dresses
    Biba
    Platform soles
    Happy Days
    Grease
    Alias Smith and Jones ;happy
    Elvis and Marc Bolan dying :cry:
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: The Glam 70's

Wizard!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

o and first day of school!

Comment

I remember all those, Pixie! ;happy Except the baby part! 2

Alvin Stardust and his black leather gloves! ;EEK
        Chopper bikes
        My first perm!
        David Essex

... are a few more! I remember.
        "Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest. It's about those who came and never left your side!"

Comment

My coccachoo............

Comment

You'e not old enough to remember My Coocachoo, Looloo

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo
              o and first day of school!

Last day of school!

Comment

Last day of school for me too... 1st July 1977!
                "Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest. It's about those who came and never left your side!"

Comment

I got married in May 1977!

Comment

The Queen's Silver Jubilee (and my in-laws' Silver Wedding)

Comment

Think the 70s were definitely my best decade!

Managed to get the job I was to stay in for 35 years (!) - they let me work school hours to fit in with my son. Nowadays it is virtually compulsory, but quite an achivement in those days!

I found out that doctors were not gods (although many thought they were - and a lot still do!) and that they are (generally) a good bunch to work alongside!

Acquired a red MG Midget soft top (now, who remembers those!). But I was married at the time and my salary was only secondary. Wasn't until the mid-80s that it all fell apart :aaw

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                        Acquired a red MG Midget soft top (now, who remembers those!). But I was married at the time and my salary was only secondary. Wasn't until the mid-80s that it all fell apart :aaw
                        I remember them! Though I always wanted a MGBGT!

Comment

Street party!!!

My mum and dad had a hillman Imp!

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick
                            Though I always wanted a MGBGT!
                            Snob! ;30 ;30

Comment

i went to Primary school (peed my pants, then out came from the cupboard the most orrible pair of school trousers that they kept 'The Black & White Chequered trousers') ;Red

Is it me or Why did schools always keep a pair of orrible pair of trousers in the cupboard in a card board box?

Lighter Note of my 70's:

* Went to Cubs
                              * Bobber Job week
                              * Growing Cress in primary school, and drinking frozen milk during the winter at school
                              * collecting lemonade bottles, from the park bins, and taking them to the sweetshop in exchange for penny sweets ([size=5]the Summer was the best, we would see who collected the most that weekend)
                              * My Yellow Bike (which i was racing in the village, and leant so far over, that i scratched the side of my face from the pebble dash wall)
                              * Judas Priest on Vinyal
                              * Thin Lizzy in her Green Tights on GMTV (or was that the 80's)

Comment

Working...
                              X