GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Good evening all, SC Sorry to hear about your Rash, Hope it improves soon. Have you tried something like Bepanthon Cream?

Well the Decorating move on a stage today, at least we have somewhere to sit now. Doglees are happier cos there is a new rug in front of the fire.

Tomorrow will be another busy day, so in a short while it's off up the wooden hill for yours Truly.

Regards all, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Good evening all, SC Sorry to hear about your Rash, Hope it improves soon. Have you tried something like Bepanthon Cream?
      Or - link - catamite lotion?

Comment

And what's that exactly Clever?

Something to scare cat mites?

So tired today and now it's beginning to rain just as I thought the sun was out

SC

Comment

Boring Boring Boring, That's Handy's life at the moment. To the former you can also add Knockered. I like decorating but when it goes on as long as this? (no answer to that).

Mrs Handy wants a total revamp. I have moved every piece of furniture in the house at least 3 times tonight. If we had a place the size of Hooray Hall, we could still fill it 3 times over.

Does anyone want a bed settee, you will need to collect or organise a courier. 5 years old, not a mark on it, Cost £600. It opens out into a proper double. Its a light Beige fabric.

Up for offers A very Large oil painting of a Victorian or Edwardian
          Hunt meet in the style of Stubbs @ 43 inches by 30 by a certain G Burgess, painted in the late 40's early 50's. Bought in error as we don't have a spare wall large enough. The names notorious but I cant prove provenance although he came from the west country.

You want to see what else we don't have room for? It will be next week before I get the time to post Photo's of what we have done to the place, Then she who must be obeyed wants everything else doing before Christmas. (I cant promise which year though).

Regards all, Handy (can anyone find me a smiley for Knockered? ).
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Does anyone want a bed settee, you will need to collect or organise a courier. 5 years old, not a mark on it, Cost £600. It opens out into a proper double. Its a light Beige fabric.
            Drop it round when you're in my neck of the woods Handy.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
              Drop it round when you're in my neck of the woods Handy.
              Using Flytrap's van and Flytrap's fuel?

Comment

Up for offers A very Large oil painting of a Victorian or Edwardian Hunt meet in the style of Stubbs @ 43 inches by 30 by a certain G Burgess, painted in the late 40's early 50's. Bought in error as we don't have a spare wall large enough.
                I could adopt or foster it, as I have space on my walls.

Comment

(can anyone find me a smiley for Knockered? ).
                  isn't this knockered?

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                    isn't this knockered?
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
                      Hi all, If, Looloo you can shake them at Handy as much as you like tonight The Tiredness has reached record levels. I didn't mention before but we have had Trapfly back since Tuesday

So as well as the normal work, the decorating, I have been running about after him as well.

Tomorrow after a full day at work, I have a 250 mile drive oop North. Saturday it's a year since Mil passed away and Mrs Handy wants to visit the grave. I also want to see my Mum as I have only had the chance to visit twice this year.

I won't take the lappy with me this time as it's going to be a busy couple of days (even by my standards).

A proper update Sunday or Monday.

For now regards to all, Handy
                      Last edited by Handyman; 15 September 2011, 23:15. Reason: To tired to spot the typo's

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        I could adopt or foster it, as I have space on my walls.
                        Some time next week I will post up a photo. I still can't find any other examples of work by G Burgess LINKGuy Burgess

If I could find poof that this was the same G Burgess, I wouldn't be parting with it. We got the painting for pocket money as the dealer was packing up and didn't want to risk damaging it in the back of his van.

Probably painted by someone completely different but you can always hope. Maybe I watch too much Antiques Road Show.

Regards, Handy

Comment

Hi all, If, Looloo you can shake them at Handy as much as you like tonight The Tiredness has reached record levels. I didn't mention before but we have had Trapfly back since Tuesday

So as well as the normal work, the decorating, I have been running about after him as well.

Tomorrow after a full day at work, I have a 250 mile drive oop North. Saturday it's a year since Mil passed away and Mrs Handy wants to visit the grave. I also want to see my Mum as I have only had the chance to visit twice this year.

I won't take the lappy with me this time as it's going to be a busy couple of days (even by my standards).

A proper update Sunday or Monday.

For now regards to all, Handy

Hi Handy, awwww bless you xx

Blimey a year, thats gone fast!!

You take care and we'll see you when you get back

Comment

Hi all. If, your right the last year has flown by.

Well just as I said a busy old weekend. We paid our respects, did some shopping at B&Q (more decorating coming up). Saw the Grand kids (and parents ).

Remember the panic over the mortgage payments a couple of weeks ago? Sunday was Sil's Brothers wedding, from somewhere they have found the cash for a hotel, new clothes (Dress from East for DD) and a big wedding prezzie.Oh and because it's a Sunday Wedding, he was taking Monday off work to get over it.

Trapfly paid them a visit last week, before coming down to us, Sil told him that it was only a minor hiccup with the mortgage and that the arrears are almost paid off now. Trapfly said I bit my tongue, because he didn't realise I was with you while you were sorting things out for him.

More on Trapfly tomorrow. I can happily report that he and his van have gone (to create trouble elsewhere).

Now all I have to do is get enough work done around the Hall, to keep Lady Hooray Happy when she gets back on Thursday.

For now Regards to all, Handy

Comment

Well its lovely to have you back and hope decorating is going ok too

Comment

Handy I'm officially tippily piddily drunk

I feel like my eyes are popping out my head and I'm about to fall over...

How did I get drunk? (I can barely type LOL)....one pint of Bulmers pear stuff from Mr. S for £1.50 just now....

When booze is this cheap who needs enemies?

I didn't tell you about the 30 mins to get the cap off...the one year I DON'T get a bottle opener from freshers (cos I never use 'em)....

LOL

tiddily piddily drunk

first time in about 5 year min

Off to bed now

SC

Comment

Working...
                                X