GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Hi SC, I have had some Micro Wave meals that sent me off on one as well. But for different reasons to yours. Glad to see your post.

Just try to relax, PRN Meds are just what there there for. To be taken when needed. I will be in touch. Handy.
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Okay latest plans...

Hand myself into the high court of justiciary on Monday so they can topple me....

I know it's going to happen...it's either that or holyrood...

Now missed lunch too

I told you not to eat the hamster handy!!!!!

SC

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Did I ever tell you Handy used to do Nude Photography.

I had to give it up as the only place I could find to keep my spare Batteries was tucked down the tops of me Socks
        Didn't you say you'd tried putting them somewhere else but they caused trouble with walking and it was a nuisance having to clean them before use?

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry_Cupcake View Post
          Now I can't eat breakfast and I"m starving cos my food is radioactive.
          Seriously, the time to worry is if it glows in the dark - otherwise, you'll be fine eating it.

Comment

That's my entire fridge then and cupboards......

and handy's regurigitated hamster

Please don't touch the aardvark or the tory politician...I need some vinegar

SC

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Didn't you say you'd tried putting them somewhere else but they caused trouble with walking and it was a nuisance having to clean them before use?
              How did you guess where I used to keep them. OK inconvenient but used to get a good BUZZ from it.

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

I wanted a connection to external flash units for studio use, as I want to explore rim lighting - link - and other lighting effects just not possible with a light source on the camera. I want to use side lighting with a rim light and little or no "fill" from the front - not even a reflector.
                Wow probably one of the most difficult lighting set ups, Low key and rim lit. Not only difficult to set up because of possible lens flare but to get the exposure correct. At least with digital photography you can see in seconds what the finished result will be. In the old days the best way to see how it was going to come out would be to take a Polariod first.

Recently I had a look to see how much studio flash equipment was these days. I was actually looking for a stick flash. I used to have a Sunpack and a Mecablitz. Sorry folks if I am losing you, but the results they gave were terrific.

I used to use Bowens for the Studio, but now you can get a 3 head system for less than one monolite head used to cost 25 years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studio Flash.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1383694

What I really want is a good telephoto lens. I have missed so many good wildlife shots this year because I just couldn't get close enough without disturbing the subject.

Name:	Mallard 3 upload.jpg
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	1383696

Regards, Handy
                Last edited by Handyman; 4 September 2011, 22:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry_Cupcake View Post
                  OKay got yas....

Now I can't eat breakfast and I"m starving cos my food is radioactive..

I thought this was just last night.....why it is continuing till this morning...

SC
                  Hi SC, Hope your feeling a bit better.
                  Not making light of your troubles but here is a funny story about Microwaves that may give you a smile.

Years ago my mate Maggot and me were sent on a course at RAF Coltishall. After a beery night in the mess, for which Maggot got told off for Snogging a Piranha (It was in a tank and almost knocked itself out when He put his face to the glass). We decided to get a sandwich before turning in.

Do you remember the old style vendormat where you used to put a plastic strip in a slot to control the lenght of time the microwave would operate for?

We had some of these strips spare, Maggot decided he would like a warm salad sandwich. We put a lettuce and cucumber in the oven added several strips and stood back as it began to bubble.

A passing RAF Policeman caught us hiding behind a pillar as the sandwich was bubbling away. He demanded to know what we were doing.

Quick said Maggot get behind the pillar with us. Why said the policeman. Look at the Sandwich said Maggot, there's a radiation leak. That shouldn't happen to a cheese toasty, look its leaking green liquid.

I will call the guardhouse and clear the building said the RAF policeman, (they were not chosen for their intelligence).

As he went to find a telephone Maggot and myself did an exit stage left .

I never got my sandwich that night, not that I ever fancied Microwaved Salad.

Regards all, Handy.

Comment

Don't make me wet myself Handy before I see Dr. C....LOL....

Classic tale...

Yeah back on the e-cig this am...we're having an interesting discussion on ukvapers re BDSM mods (mods in leather.....with balls)....I just googled my lanyard discussion.....LOL....

Now it's turned into 'how to make your mod a BDSM mod' complete with chains.....

Why is it the most innocent things have the most awful turn arounds...

Figure I just need routine and like assurance of faith (hope no one minds me saying this) for my anxiety.....At least the paranoia has gone so no mad journeys to the high court of justiciary this am

But have pulled my back doing the washing up of all things....so that's semi scuppered this am...

SC

Comment

I'll scan one of my old "analogue" prints and put up "one I did earlier":
                      And here it is - the dust spots are from the scan:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi all, Hi Clogs, I can see why you need a Camera with an external Flash Connection. Even using the built in flash to trigger a slave unit would ruin the effect you are aiming for.

My Olympus doesn't have an external socket as such but I can fit a wireless control unit to operate an off camera flash. A piece of kit I have yet to get. For Bulb mode there is no threaded connection. But for a few pounds I got a remote control. On bulb the mirror is automatically raised focusing and composition is by the screen. I have to say it's not a bad system for avoiding camera shake, but in real low light levels it's sometimes better to use the optical system.

Any way back to Adventures of a Handy Man.
                        I had a windfall today. Not a monetary one but one of the Cider Making variety.

Name:	Apples upload.jpg
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	1383704

When I have enough I will get them down the Local Cider Shed. Last year they made over 150 gallons. Customs and Excise doesn't allow it to be sold. So the Lads charge 1.50 for a large pop bottle, the cider is free.

Later I was watching them turning over the stubble on the far side of the valley.

Name:	Plough upload.jpg
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	1383706

When the apples start to fall and you see the harvest coming in you know you are getting close to the dog end of another Gardeners year. It's also a reminder that there is still a lot more work to do before the end of the Year.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Evening all, Well at least it seems that way now. It's been another long one, 8am start 10pm finish.

This morning I got blown to bits. We had a digger booked for ripping out shrubs from one of the borders Lady Hooray wants to turn into a Rose Garden.

This is what it looked like in the summer.

Name:	Foxgloves upload.jpg
Size:	509.1 KB
ID:	1383716

This is what it looked like after an hour with the chainsaw and digger this morning.

Name:	Digger 1 upload.jpg
Size:	446.6 KB
ID:	1383718

More like Terra Forming than gardening. Mind you I had been going on for a while about how the shrubs needed a hard prune.

Of all the days to do this job, it had to be today. I could have had the job done days ago but her Ladyship chose today.

After it had pished it down all night, the instruction was not to damage the lawn or the edge of the border with the digger.

It weighs 1 1/2 tons for flips sake and runs on tracks. It sure doesn't roll the lawn as it goes.

Anyway I managed to borrow a few Track boards and by moving 8 feet at a time and lifting the boards from the back, I managed to do minimum damage.

Not like the time I nearly rolled a digger over.
                          When the Hooray's were having the extension built, I used to borrows the builders digger in the evenings. I was pulling some stumps at the top of one of the banks and all of a sudden I found the digger leaning at over 45 degrees. The only reason it didn't go all the way over was the roll cage had caught on the branches of a small apple tree.

I borrowed (hotwired) the Builders Telehandler (fork lift) and got it upright without and damage.

I got a major bollocking from her Ladyship for damaging the tree.
                          I did point out 1. I could have been killed or badly injured. 2. The damage caused by rolling it would have amounted to a repair bill of @ 16K and 3. under CITB/ HSE guidelines as I have never passed a civilian training course for that class of machine I would be held responsible if I was to injure anybody while operating the machine.

None of this carried any weight with them at all, she still even now goes on about the damage to the tree, It still produces more apples each year than we can use.

But the day was finished without incident. Then it was decorating in the cottage. I should be back about this time tomorrow, providing I have got the wallpapering done.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Och poor you Handy

Hugs

Glad of your windfall though......

I'm a little down - don't know if it's down or anxiety....

Late up...was rudely awoken at 8.50am by Ma phoning me LOL

But I have to remember my trust in in the Lord who alone can solve this anxiety

SC

Comment

I've had a really good pm...

somehow got the legs to work (they felt like jelly) and got to vol job@ the credit union

Then got a McD's for tea cos I not get out of there till 4.20

How is everyone this pm...alas the McD's was good but way over budget

BUt hey ho......

How are you tonight handy? Making a tory bumfire? Be careful....you don't know where those bums have been

SC

Comment

I could think of a few I would put on a Bonfire. Maybe Guy Fawkes should come back. Mind you they did the same to him as William Wallace

Yes your right I have had a few rants tonight on the polital threads. Not that Handy knows anything, Politics should be about Common Sense. Not that they ever taught anything Common at any Public School.

Regards, Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X