GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EDF Energy to cut gas price by 5% - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDF Energy to cut gas price by 5%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDF Energy to cut gas price by 5%

EDF Energy to cut gas price by 5%

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 11th January 2012 09:17.

One of the UK's largest energy suppliers, EDF Energy, has said it is to cut its gas bills by 5% from 7 February. The move follows a sharp fall in the...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: EDF Energy to cut gas price by 5%

British Gas and SSE announce price cuts

British Gas has cut its electricity prices by 5% with immediate effect, while SSE will reduce gas tariffs by 4.5% on 26 March.
    The moves come a day after EDF Energy announced plans to cut its domestic gas tariff by an average of 5% owing to low energy use during the mild winter.

The price cuts will add pressure on the rest of the major suppliers to cut their tariffs as wholesale prices dip. British Gas said the average annual domestic bill would fall by £24. "We want to keep prices as low as possible for our customers. Household budgets are stretched, and we are doing everything we can to help our customers keep their bills down," said Ian Peters of British Gas. "This price reduction means British Gas is once again offering the cheapest standard electricity, on average, of any....Read more here---: BBC News - British Gas and SSE announce price cuts

I also wonder, if i'll get a 5% REFUND for paying my British Gas, that was paid on the 5th Jan??
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

E.On cuts electricity price by 6%

Energy company E.On is to cut its standard electricity prices by 6%, from Monday 27 February. It becomes the fifth of the big six energy companies to announce price cuts for either gas or electricity in the past few days. E.On said it too was responding to a recent dip in wholesale energy prices.

It said its cut would affect 75% of its customers and would amount to a cut of £31 in its customers' average annual bills. However, E.On's chief executive, Dr Tony Cocker, warned that prices were likely to go back up again at some point in the future. "Reductions over the last few months in the wholesale price that we pay for our customers' energy have now allowed us to help as many of our customers as possible by cutting our electricity price," he said.....Read more here--: BBC News - E.On cuts electricity price by 6%
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

time to get those pens out again (e-mail) and start complaing

British Gas owner Centrica warns of higher energy bills

Centrica, the owner of British Gas, has said that despite its recent cut in electricity prices, rising wholesale gas costs will make supplying energy to UK households more expensive this year. It said gas costs would be 15% higher next winter, while other costs would add another £50 to the cost of supplying energy to the average home. "The trend for retail energy costs therefore remains upwards," it said. In January, British Gas announced a 5% cut in its standard electricity tariff........Read more here: BBC News - British Gas owner Centrica warns of higher energy bills (Mmmm - thats standard tariff, for those on fixed are screwed if standard tariff becomes less. Wonder if there is a flaw here for compensation)

Comment

For those that may have forgotten his e-mail address:

chris.jansen@britishgas.co.uk

Comment

DJ Centrica PLC Interim Management Statement

Centrica Interim Management Statement - announced @ 11 May 2012 - 07:00

londonstockexchange.com

Comment

Well they are going to have a fight on there hands, as legislation to bring energy costs down was announced in the Queens speech.

With heating still on well into spring they are making a killing and I do not see there higher pricing as justified

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                For those that may have forgotten his e-mail address:

chris.jansen@britishgas.co.uk
                I still have it in my email addresses so will be emailing him for an explanation which I will of course post here when he replies.

Comment

thanks PF

Comment

Working...
                  X