GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Homeserve suspends telesales to probe mis-selling claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeserve suspends telesales to probe mis-selling claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeserve suspends telesales to probe mis-selling claim

Homeserve suspends telesales to probe mis-selling claim

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 30th October 2011 15:31.

Insurance and maintenance company Homeserve has suspended all telephone sales amid claims of mis-selling by its call centre staff. The...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Homeserve suspends telesales to probe mis-selling claim

Homeserve sees few contracts cancelled

Only a few customers have cancelled their contracts with maintenance company Homeserve as fears of mis-sold policies are investigated. An internal review, now being considered by the City watchdog, had revealed questionable sales techniques. However, the company said only 153 out of three million UK customers had cancelled home maintenance contracts with...Read more on update---> BBC News - Homeserve sees few contracts cancelled
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Homeserve 'set to lose customers'

Maintenance company Homeserve expects to lose more customers than previously thought after concerns over sales techniques. The company said total customer numbers could fall by 8% in 2012, compared with its previous estimate of 5%, and that this would lead to 200 job losses. An internal review last year revealed questionable sales techniques....Read more HERE
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HomeServe fined £750,000 for silent and abandoned calls

The HomeServe insurance and home repair company has been fined £750,000 for making too many silent or abandoned calls to potential customers. The telecoms regulator Ofcom said Homeserve had been guilty of a serious breach of its rules on such calls. Ofcom said it hoped the fine would send a "strong message" to all companies. HomeServe has offered to pay compensation of £10 each to the estimated 51,000 householders who were called in February and March last year. The company blamed faulty equipment at a call centre firm which had been contracted to make the calls on its behalf. "HomeServe identified the issue and promptly reported it to Ofcom, following an internal audit of all of HomeServe's telemarketing operations," the insurer said....Read more here

Comment

HomeServe investigated over mis-selling by FSA

Home repair insurer's shares plunge 28% after it admits FSA investigation may lead to fine and announces plan to axe another 250 jobs as it shrinks UK operations. HomeServe, one of the biggest home repair insurers, is under investigation by the Financial Services Authority for mis-selling, the company has admitted. The revelation sent its shares plunging 28% to 164p as the firm added it would be shrinking its UK operations by half a million customers. The company, which billed itself as the "fifth emergency service", could face a hefty fine from the City watchdog over what it called "certain historic issues", although the investigation is likely to take several months. Chief executive Richard Harpin said the alleged mis-selling had damaged the business and...Read more on Forum Blog: Homeserve suspends telesales to probe mis-selling claim - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

City Diary: Homeserve boss's 'living expenses' do little to repair damage

Despite an FSA investigation into alleged mis-selling at Homeserve, and a share price that has fallen 70pc over the last year, the board has not curtailed its lavish payouts....Read more HERE

Comment

Working...
            X