GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax accused of fuelling debt crisis with £11k credit card loans - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax accused of fuelling debt crisis with £11k credit card loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax accused of fuelling debt crisis with £11k credit card loans

The Halifax was accused of irresponsibility last night for encouraging hard-up families to go on a credit binge.

The bank, which is 41 per cent owned by the taxpayer, has sent letters to its customers this week urging them to take out cash on their cards.

It promises that it will take only one quick phone call to secure the transfer of thousands of pounds into the customer’s bank account.

One was offered £11,640 at a rate of 7.92 per cent for 18 months after a five-minute phone call.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...edit-card.html
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X