GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script an end to sneaky small print... New Consumer Rights Act - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

an end to sneaky small print... New Consumer Rights Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an end to sneaky small print... New Consumer Rights Act

an end to sneaky small print... New Consumer Rights Act

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 7th October 2015 10:26
    .............will help you get your money back for rotten goods or services

The Consumer Rights Act, which came into force on October 1, arms you with more power to get your money back. This new piece of legislation wraps up separate bits of consumer law, including the Sale Of Goods Act, Supply Of Goods and Services Act, and the Unfair Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulations. The idea is to update all the previous legal rulings into one act for customers to refer to if they run into trouble. Here’s how the new rules will protect you.

Microscopic small print is banned

Under the new rules, the key parts of any product or service’s terms and conditions must be clear. If they’re hidden away or couched in impenetrable legalese, then the firm can’t rely on it if the product breaks. For example, if a sofa arrives faulty and you send it back after five days, a firm can’t then refuse a refund by relying on a line on page ten of its terms and conditions which says you must return faulty items within 48 hours......Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X