GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Interest-only customers warned against claims management companies - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest-only customers warned against claims management companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest-only customers warned against claims management companies

Interest-only customers warned against claims management companies

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 3rd May 2013 08:45.

Mortgage industry braced as claims management firms raise prospect of mis-sold interest-only mortgages. Homeowners who have interest-only mortgages...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Interest-only customers warned against claims management companies

"estimated that as much as £116billion will be owed to lenders over the next eight years by borrowers that have no means to repay their mortgage"

Christ, that is a lot
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Its how typical bubbles work.

Back then everybody thought they were on a sure fire winner and house prices were just going to go up.

Rational thinking this is your home got swept away with the greed of following the money. Then it became the case affordibilty of a home outstripped what many could afford and hence the temptation to take any method to get onto what the jones's said was the right thing.

Suspect in time some of our debts on here are going to look like pocket change when this unravels.

Only needs a proper price crash one instigated by the buy to let boys getting cold feet and the mortgage market still being frozen.

Comment

Is it possible that the majority of lenders will repossess? They will be more interested in the income from the interest.

I may be wrong, but I cannot see the problem is so great. The majority of people that will be unable to pay off the loan, will ask for an extension and remain in their house. The issues will arise when the people cannot pay their mortage interest any more e.g. redundant, retired, ill, hike in interest rates.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
          "estimated that as much as £116billion will be owed to lenders over the next eight years by borrowers that have no means to repay their mortgage"

Christ, that is a lot
          Which is only 10% of all interest-only mortgages. The other 90% all have a repayment vehicle in place Most of that 10% will be Buy-To-Let mortgages where it's a sensible thing to do. A Landlord can offset the interest on a loan against rent for tax purposes but not any capital paid back each month. A repayment mortgage only increases the equity (capital) in the property which is subject to CGT when sold.

I see this as a scare story being put out by the self-interested banks in the hope that frightened borrowers will start to repay the capital on their mortgages which only benefits the banks and not the homeowner.

If you're in negative equity when you sell your property then the lender doesn't get its money back. Good, because they were happy to sell you the product to grab your business in the first place. If you've struggled for years in order to pay back capital as well as interest on your loan then the lender gets to keep all your hard earned money. I know why I chose interest-only

Comment

the thing about this has been the absolute crap reporting by all and sundry in the media.

We are of the generation who were sold interest only mortgages backed by an endowment policy.

unfortunately most of the endowment policies went tits up quite a few years ago
            ours was shyte although it was sold on the premise that it would pay off the mortgage with enough left over to go a world cruise........................

most peeps have abandoned the endowments now but that doesn't excuse the financial industry for another great big con and mess

no one on national TV even mentioned endowments, disgraceful reporting, we'll be paying the mortgage until the day we retire because these endowments failed

Comment

Some people can still claim for mis-sold endowment policies.

I hope you'll be one of them Mrs D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20858236

Comment

thanks PlanB

ditched them a while ago

too late to claim because the financial industry shut that avenue down pretty quick as well

we've been well done over

Comment

Working...
                X