GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PM's Plan To Axe Housing Benefit For The Young - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PM's Plan To Axe Housing Benefit For The Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM's Plan To Axe Housing Benefit For The Young

PM's Plan To Axe Housing Benefit For The Young

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 24th June 2012 09:51.

*Hundreds of thousands of young people could lose their housing benefit under a series of radical welfare reforms revealed by David Cameron.* ...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: PM's Plan To Axe Housing Benefit For The Young

Good idea. No benefits till you've worked for X years and earned it.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nah just bring back the workhouse. That will sort out the high wage costs for the manufacturing industry

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Good idea. No benefits till you've worked for X years and earned it.

then theres those like me at 22 who have had "spells" on JSA and had to claim HB too.

so i'm 50/50 atm
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

But mate there are always the minority. I'm talking those who take the piss.

You must agree you hate the spongers as well? You're a worker though, I remember you at 19 holding down 3 jobs at one point!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
            Nah just bring back the workhouse. That will sort out the high wage costs for the manufacturing industry

What and throw our disabled relatives in the loony bin like the old days too

It needs an overhaul and the only way to do it is racist sadly. You ain't British (by birth) - fuckoff.

That's the ONLY way to sort the problem.

Comment

Yeah Hadrian was right!

Comment

Yeah Hadrian was right!
                Bugger off. He was a tuechtar!!!!

Comment

I think a fairer Benefits system would be based around that actual tax paid per person. i.e if you have paid £1000 in tax in 1 year then your entitled to £5000 in total in HB and JSA etc

But also more emphasis on employers to hire more on part time contracts and zero hour contracts etc.

Main problem i have found is that to reduce total employment costs companies rather give out overtime (for example me 120 hours in 1 week) than employ more people even when theres almost 100 applications to every job advertised.

Job shares make sense but most people cant afford to work just part time.

Like atm i couldnt take a temp job on or a part time as its inefficient to me financially and the hassle caused in having to go to job centre and declare that i've worked some hours in that fortnight etc
                  I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Oh don't get me started. Benefits should be fair and even for those that qualify. No paying more to someone who has earnt more etc.

Niddy what are you rambling on about....if you carry on I will have to go and ask DX for some advice

Comment

Oh don't get me started. Benefits should be fair and even for those that qualify. No paying more to someone who has earnt more etc.

Niddy what are you rambling on about....if you carry on I will have to go and ask DX for some advice
                      Why should benefits be fair?

For example if i was a single 22 year old then in JSA i would get £56.25 a week

Whereas at 26 I would get £71.00 a week

What makes a 26yr old need an extra £14.75 a week just because they are older than i am

also Nat min Wage is a joke as when i was 18 i was on £4.80 an hour but doing more work than a 22yr old that was on £5.80

I have always felt that wages are incorrectly placed to people due to this Age dependency.

So explain how this is Fair and evenly dispersed to all that need to claim benefits? Because i tell you its not.

I also know of sum1 who is 21 and get higher rate DLA and IB yet has nothing actually stopping him from working

So again how is this all fair

Comment

Jon I'm ex DWP and was at the pilot "One" scheme pre JC+.

We tried and tested varying formulas but the problems were at the core. The system is flawed, no two ways about it.

By being eligible, that's the crux. Do you think it's right that asylum seekers that have waited clearance from IND had a right to backdated benefits since entry into uk if they won right to remain in uk? Well they did. Many a time I authorised £10,000+ giro cheques to asylum seekers who has been in limbo for a year or so.

Sorry. I don't work to support those that ran away from their own shyte. Hang on, there's a thought. I fancy Seychelles to retire so I'm off to live there for free forever. Is that acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Jon I'm ex DWP and was at the pilot "One" scheme pre JC+.

We tried and tested varying formulas but the problems were at the core. The system is flawed, no two ways about it.

By being eligible, that's the crux. Do you think it's right that asylum seekers that have waited clearance from IND had a right to backdated benefits since entry into uk if they won right to remain in uk? Well they did. Many a time I authorised £10,000+ giro cheques to asylum seekers who has been in limbo for a year or so.

Sorry. I don't work to support those that ran away from their own shyte. Hang on, there's a thought. I fancy Seychelles to retire so I'm off to live there for free forever. Is that acceptable?

If you move in this country you are expected to support yourself (or at least have the ability to do so)

So what makes it different for asylum seekers. Unless they actually have skills useful to the country then they should be instantly deported in my view.

There wouldn't be such a humongous debt problem if there wasn't this problem in the employment sector due to the asylum seekers taking jobs from the people born and bred here.

Comment

Oh I have no issue with the concept that the whole system is flawed and unfit. I am buggered if I know how to put it right.
                            The asylum system fries my brain, first off because in many peoples eyes illegals are all non white, which is not true. What I hate is the "working holiday" and even worse the student visa and how it is abused. I saw it time and time again in my last job. Come over as student but spend all their spare time "working illegally" in aunties shop or uncles restaurant.
                            Having said that, we should take genuine asylum seekers, where woman get stoned for adultery but not famous cricketers, where I would be hung or stoned just for being me.

Kila if you know someone who unjustly gets higher rate DLA (you don't say if it's care or mobility or both) ..well I know what i would do
                            However my stepson was granted it under the special rules when he was 21 and lived another 9 years, and some of the time he didn't look ill.

What i was saying is that if I was earning 100K and lost my job, IMHO why should I get a greater benefit payment than someone who was say a nurse on a much lower salary..or someone who worked for McDonalds. Benefits should be there for someone to live but not for someone to live at the level they were accustomed to.

I also agree that you can vote and die for your country at 18 but not get full benefit entitlement because it is assumed your family will look after you.

Ok rant over..but if you really want to get me going mention the Church in africa

Comment

But if you earned 100k even in 1 year you would have paid more in tax than JSA & HB entitlements

But what i am saying is that it should be proportional to previous income and those that have never worked get the bare minimum ie rent gas electric and tokens towards food that can only be used for food and transport

There are too many people on benefits that are alci's or drug dependant and what does JSA or even IB do fuel that depenancy.

I'm all in favour of drug testing JSA & IB claimants and if that test come back positive for non prescribed medicines then they lose there benefits for x weeks and are also forced into rehabilitation clinics for the duration of benefits being cut.

You'd find people would become non-dependant in a much shorter time frame in a system like that and also less likely to relapse.

Comment

Working...
                              X