GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Royal Mail to get power to set stamp prices - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Mail to get power to set stamp prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail to get power to set stamp prices

Royal Mail to get power to set stamp prices

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 21st February 2012 22:56.

*Update:* Royal Mail is to be given the power to change the price of all first class and some second class postage. The proposals come from the...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Royal Mail to get power to set stamp prices

Stamp price rise plans are affordable, says Royal Mail

Plans to increase the prices of stamps will not lead to an "affordability issue", the Royal Mail chief executive has told MPs. Moya Greene told the Commons' Business Committee that the cost of stamps would have to rise. Regulator Ofcom is consulting on plans to remove price caps on first class stamps and raise the price limit on second class to as much as 55 pence. But MPs heard that some people would be safe from price rises this Christmas. The plans, which have yet to be finalised, would see people on Pension Credit, or Employment and Support Allowance being eligible to buy stamps for the festive period in 2012 at Christmas 2011 prices. A Royal Mail spokesman said that stamps would be available through the post office network and that every UK household would be informed of the offer once it was confirmed....Read more here---: BBC News - Stamp price rise plans are affordable, says Royal Mail
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Stamp prices: First-class stamps to cost 60p.

A first-class stamp will rise in price from 46p to 60p from 30 April after the regulator lifted some price controls on Royal Mail. A second-class stamp will go up from 36p to 50p - some 5p below the top price allowed by Ofcom. The regulator has allowed Royal Mail to set the price of first-class and business mail. It claimed the future of the universal service was at "severe risk" without relaxing controls. The 30% price rise in first-class stamps, and 39% rise for second-class, mark record annual increases. Over the next seven years, the price of second-class stamps will be capped at 55p but this limit could rise with inflation each year. Royal Mail said that the cost of posting Christmas cards in 2012 will be the same as last year for consumers on Pension Credit and Employment and Support Allowance or Incapacity Benefit.....Blog: POSTING HERE Read more HERE
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Warning First Class Stamp Could Cost £1 - Amid news of a planned £4m privatization of the Royal Mail, a new campaign group warns stamps could soon cost more than £1....Read more HERE from AAD Blog pages Royal Mail to get power to set stamp prices - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          Warning First Class Stamp Could Cost £1
          May as well use Recorded Delivery for all post now as it will only be an extra 55p and you know it got there as it will be signed for and would probably get ere QUICKER than a first class one.
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Working...
          X