GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

subsidies to farmers - no === prices sky high another area
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wouldn't wait too long to get your holiday Euros. Pound could have a bumpy ride up to June 23rd but I expect the general trend will be downwards in value.
      Not all bad news - this would help exporters and the UK tourist industry

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
        I wouldn't wait too long to get your holiday Euros. Pound could have a bumpy ride up to June 23rd but I expect the general trend will be downwards in value.
        Not all bad news - this would help exporters and the UK tourist industry
        ----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-35611463

Pound slides FTSE Rises .....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          as time went on like any organisation events etc changes like happens any organisation be it EEU or local businesses, hence Thatcher etc renegotiate deals, therefore we signed up to changes.

If distinction to two EEC EEU then another referendum would of taken place???
          "should" have taken place. But it didn't because people were either unaware or simply didn't care back then. No one really gave any thought to the EU until it started affecting them. The reason why people voted for the EEC was because inflation was at 25% and they thought the single market would help. It did. But it only paved the way for changes that weren't originally explained.

It wasn't until people like UKIP who first started over 17 years ago explaining how the EU is irroading sovereignty that people sat up and listened.

Comment

Subsidies for farmers being taken away is also a bit of bollox. There would be no need for it without the EU because farmers would be in a better position to negotiate prices, and would not be restricted by quotas imposed by the EU!

Comment

Interesting American business guru talking on the radio, He feels that if we wanted to keep a Tory Government we should leave the EU, however if we voted Labour in again and we had left the EU the UK could dive into the third world. He went on to say that the government were well aware of that and are between a rock and a hard place, they want out secretly but they cannot see a safe way to leave that insures their policies and agendas.

He then paused for a second..... And said "it could be worse Trump could come here to live in his house in Scotland" !

I quite like Donald Trump, he's taken narcissism to a whole new level....

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                Subsidies for farmers being taken away is also a bit of bollox. There would be no need for it without the EU because farmers would be in a better position to negotiate prices, and would not be restricted by quotas imposed by the EU!
                One of my customers is a Arable farmer over in Lincolnshire, he told me under EU regulations he's got to leave some of his fields barren each year, even though he could make more money from the crops than what he is compensated for by not growing anything !

Comment

What I am wondering is, does Brexit make foreign debts easier to chase, less easy, or no difference? I know foreign debts are hard to enforce anyway, but are they easier or harder if Britain is inside or outside the EU?
                  Last edited by debtguy; 22 February 2016, 16:39.

Comment

Don't know debtguy ,Alland I think i am righht in saying restrictions apply to fishing also. I know of a lad doing a college course in carpentry
                    he cant learn with tools .... health and saftey .
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

nanna you're correct, we've had fishing restrictions in our waters for a long time, we have to share our waters with trawlers from Scandinavia, Russia and goodness knows where else, my nearest port is Fleetword, it used to be a thriving fishing port, these days apart from one or two steadfast local trawlermen it's all but finished now, it used to be Sons following in their fathers footsteps, but not anymore.

Youre right about Health &Safety too, we looked to employ an apprentice a while back, not counting the fact we couldn't find one who was remotely interested in learning a trade, when we read the employment rules of having an apprentice around the workshop it would have been simpler just to tell him to stay home then he wouldn't hurt himself .....!

Comment

Alland its completely mad ,
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Until such time that Cameron starts to explain WHY the UK is better off in the EU I am voting out.

He is showing himself to be the PR man that is by already reducing his campaign to a bunch of soundbites, and treating voters with a lack of respect by not giving them the credit that most have the intelligence to understand the issues. The fact that his 'deal' won't be ratified until after the referendum (which would suggest he knows it will be rejected), is also a cause for concern as he also appears to be coming untrustworthy.

There has been more intelligent debate on this thread than that shown by both parties which I think speaks volumes for the way our political class now view voters.
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

be honest nobody i.e. Joe public knows the benefits of in/out in its entirety and never will.

But common sense should prevail UK cannot go it alone, no empire like all empires, fold in history, Yanks will not do a trade deal just with the UK, special relationship (balderdash), anybody who states Laws etc back to the UK, then does not know their history of bad judgments made by the UK courts where money is prominent, as abroad in countries where money rules how long you get sentenced for a crime! God help the farmers with no real subsidies if out, the MPs will not give up their gross disgusting wages/benefits so the farmer can survive, they will sell off the farms to china like power stations etc etc wake up call to the real world, benefits will be back to the workhouse days, of course Tax credits etc etc will be gone or greatly reduced, (we never had any such help yet we survived bringing up children) ..

Suggest common sense into the subject and find your own answer to the truth not some scumbag I know it all on the TV, old schoolboy sect out for themselves,m seen the idiots on TV pushing bikes etc
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 February 2016, 08:23.

Comment

Slightly worried about the idea of Boris and Donald in charge in the UK and USA - I know Boris's 'idiot act' is a carefully-contrived show, but I still have the worry that between them they will have more hair than brain cells.

Add them to a disintegrated Europe (a lot of people say that Brexit would be the first domino in the chain) ruled over by Putin, Le Pen, Orbán, Kaczynski et al, and it starts to look scary. Very scary indeed.

For the first time in living memory, it looks as if Italy has the sanest leadership of virtually any country (and that should sound BIG alarm bells, because Italian politics is a real can of worms).

I am no fan at all of the EU with its pork barrels and corruption, but I have a horrible feeling that the alternative could be worse...

Comment

And yes, I'm with Tech on the fact that an awful lot of the corruption in UK life is UK-based - as (s)he says, the courts, the banks, MPs' pay, duck houses, etc. (I'd add the planning laws and corruption in energy policy to that as well), are all home-grown scandals.

The EU admittedly adds plenty to the mix, but there is plenty there already for them to build on.

Comment

Working...
                                X