GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Even worse...

... they don't have me.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I went to the same university where ML was the General Secretary of our Student Union (like the president). He was always a nice guy, but a few years ago there was a reunion.

A friend of mine, who set up a TV production company, is the PA for Charlie Brooker (who was also in the TV company) and sold it for £5m (she doesn't boast about this) and her husband were talking to ML.

He said "(insert name), I'm not rich - I'm filthy rich"

I stopped thinking of him as a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousA View Post
        I went to the same university where ML was the General Secretary of our Student Union (like the president). He was always a nice guy, but a few years ago there was a reunion.

A friend of mine, who set up a TV production company, is the PA for Charlie Brooker (who was also in the TV company) and sold it for £5m (she doesn't boast about this) and her husband were talking to ML.

How horrible.

The fact that his wealth was made on the back of debt free wannabees, the bankrupt and the desperate is what really what leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That and the fact that he made out he was a consumer champion - consumer revenge my backside! and how he had the cheek to criticise big business.

First Class Hypocrite and all round bad guy it would seem.
        Last edited by MSE Refugee; 6 June 2012, 06:31.

Comment

I didn't know Wonga had a debt forum! Right, fun time!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
            I didn't know Wonga had a debt forum! Right, fun time!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
              I didn't know Wonga had a debt forum!
              Must be some mistake there.

There is something called wongaforum, I think, but it's not run by them?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah was none too happy about Lewis making £87 million from MSE users but I was in the minority on the forum post

Just went on a wee visit, didn't realise how awful some of the 'advice' is on there. As someone pointed out, what difference does saving £20 a month make on a huge debt?

The thing is, if you're new (like me) you just follow the lead from the more 'experienced' people.

Comment

nice to see you here 925pws, glad you got the message
                  it's hard to say too much on MSE because you get banned or a telling off

so ask away, anything you feel you need some help with

Comment

Originally posted by MSE Refugee View Post
                    How horrible.

The fact that his wealth was made on the back of debt free wannabees, the bankrupt and the desperate is what really what leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That and the fact that he made out he was a consumer champion - consumer revenge my backside! and how he had the cheek to criticise big business.

First Class Hypocrite and all round bad guy it would seem.
                    Consumer Revenge I here you say This is our consumer revenge :niddy Welcome to Consumer Revenge - Home to the 'allabout' Super-Complaint Portal

Comment

• Re: MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Consumer revenge was taken off MSE strap line a while back, I assume it was to make the site more appealing to potential 'purchasers'!

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                        nice to see you here 925pws, glad you got the message
                        it's hard to say too much on MSE because you get banned or a telling off

so ask away, anything you feel you need some help with

It was such a cryptic message it took me a while to track this site down I'm not banned yet so maybe I should try and give some proper advice. Ready and willing

Comment

Originally posted by 925pws View Post
                          Just went on a wee visit, didn't realise how awful some of the 'advice' is on there. As someone pointed out, what difference does saving £20 a month make on a huge debt?

The thing is, if you're new (like me) you just follow the lead from the more 'experienced' people.
                          So why not post your SOA here so that we can tell you where to save money as they do at MSE?

Comment

Originally posted by 925pws View Post
                            Consumer revenge was taken off MSE strap line a while back, I assume it was to make the site more appealing to potential 'purchasers'!
                            More likely to comply with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousA View Post

I haven't taken part in this discussion until now. Just reading and inwardly digesting.

I have to say I'm not surprised in the least by anything that has come to light. Someone on this thread said M Lewis would probably stand as an MP next time round. I'm glad I am not the only one to think this. I recall that around the time of Niddygate I made the suggestion that he was a Wannabee Politico. I expect that sometime in the future he will be given an official status, Government Special advisor on Debt Training in Schools or such like.

A distant relation was a Special Advisor to Gordon Brown on World Debt. ( 3 kids privately educated, Wife writes for the Guardian and lives in a gated community - What the feck do they know about debt). But the expenses, perks and glory isn't bad .

To the poster who asked where we got off slagging off other forums, have they noticed MSE never got involved when GAG were being slated, sauce for the Goose and for the Gander, pardon the unintentional pun.

Before anyone make a point of it, I am still a member of MSE. I only look in occasionally these days to see if a few old mates are still about. Somehow I feel my visits there will be even more infrequent.

Lastly I find it amusing that on the thread discussing the sell out a lot of the posts appear to have been deleted. So much for freedom of speech.

Regards to all, Handy
                              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Does anyone know of ML's background before MSE? Was he from a tough background? Has he experienced debt? Were his parents well to do? What got him into consumer revenge?

I don't know any of this, but it would influence how I view him now to some extent.

Comment

Working...
                                X