GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

It is a known fact on here that I have a near hatred of charities like CCCS. To me a debt charity helps people to get out of debt. They work on behalf of that person to save them every penny they can. One of the first things they SHOULD do, but rarely do, is ensure all interest and charges are frozen.

To my mind, if they don't do this, there is little point in them existing. Pretty much all they're really achieving is stopping the nasty letters - that's easy to advise on, don't open them and just pay what you can afford.

These charities are a disgrace, and I know it's not unusual at all for debt charities which offer a more personal service to pick up the pieces of a DMP gone bad from these places.

I take on board wholeheartedly what you say about MSE, and it makes a deal of sense. However, people who do not understand should not, in my opinion, try to help. It is a dangerous game and one best steered clear of if you don't know what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      Because the focus is on saving, there is the idea that if you are frugal and save you can get out of debt
      Shame they don't think about people who've spent their entire lives being frugal and still haven't got anywhere or, those who have plunged into debt because.... say, the boiler broke or the roof had a fecking big hole in it or.... because they left a violent partner or, were married to a gambler or, had a seriously ill child or, an accident or, lost their job because a string of useless fecking governments are/were too busy scratchng the back of the monied classes to care about what happens to anyone else.

.... and when debt happens, the responses you get are normally patronising; just live more frugally or, it's your own fault or, you were stupid or, you need to re-train or, you need to search harder for work or, you need to accept any useless job that's going even though most don't cover your basic living costs.

Yes.... the moral stance is easy when you've not experienced any of these things. I'm not familiar with MSE but CAG certainly seems to have forgotten what Life can churn out in terms of experience.

There but for the grace of God go every single one of us.....
      Last edited by PriorityOne; 9 June 2012, 20:44.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

absobloodylutely

Comment

Not at all FP! I was referring to the supercilious twats who either think everyone in debt is there due to their own carelessness, or those who offer advice there when actually they have not a clue, or very little clue what they're talking about.

I know people are entitled to post on any open forum, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing for them to do, or that they should not be shot for posting things which are ridiculous. We'll never stop them, but we don't have to agree with it! lol

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
            It is a known fact on here that I have a near hatred of charities like CCCS. To me a debt charity helps people to get out of debt. They work on behalf of that person to save them every penny they can. One of the first things they SHOULD do, but rarely do, is ensure all interest and charges are frozen.

To my mind, if they don't do this, there is little point in them existing. Pretty much all they're really achieving is stopping the nasty letters - that's easy to advise on, don't open them and just pay what you can afford.

These charities are a disgrace, and I know it's not unusual at all for debt charities which offer a more personal service to pick up the pieces of a DMP gone bad from these places.

I take on board wholeheartedly what you say about MSE, and it makes a deal of sense. However, people who do not understand should not, in my opinion, try to help. It is a dangerous game and one best steered clear of if you don't know what you're doing.
            BBoo
            Questioning the likes of CCCS and Payplan was one of the reasons for my 1st ban on Cag. I have to say that NDL have been very helpful to me in a pre AAD life.
            Actually I have no problem with people giving less than accurate "advice" if and only if, they are prepared to discuss it and prepared to admit when they are wrong , even if that is from a mere mortal and not some "god". Of course that advice MUST be given with good selfless intentions.

I hope you didn't misunderstand what I meant by 'helping people as best I can'...

FP what on earth could people think you were talking about?

Comment

Wow lots of nice recent posts and makes it very clear the difference between us and them. If you want to save a few pounds each week OTR is for you if you want a real stab at clearing you debts this is the place for you.

Debt is not a crime as they make you feel, indeed those over there are no doubt in debt and will be taking an eternity in clearing it, however that is there choice so good luck to them.

I like others here was a cagger and I must admit at first it was good because I went there not knowing of anything better and was getting good advice from a few members, however it turned sower through no fault of mine around the time paul was banned at that point was was looking for somewhere else.

When the DCA's and advertising started that was the last straw so sent a pm to gander highlighting my concerns that was met with a ban.

So I ended up at the other site that was born out of cag until getting the heads up about this site I have never been happier as this site really does have the best team of moderators and great members of all walks of life.

I cannot thank niddy enough with what he has done here his morals are all in the right place and has a fantastic grasp of debt. I have never known a forum where the owner puts in so much effort to help so many.

Comment

^^ well someone's gotta look after you haven't they mate
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  I have never known a forum where the owner puts in so much effort to help so many.
                  Lots of drugs dedication for that...

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post

Yes, yes and thrice yes. I like the cut of your jib!

Comment

MSE is about saving thus it's full of people who are proud of their frugality and the savings they can make which is good if that's what you're looking for but it can go too far, like someone posting they felt guilty for buying themselves a treat or something.
                      Misers Simplify Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                        CAG certainly seems to have forgotten what Life can churn out in terms of experience.
                        Clueless And Gormless

Comment

Things are not looking good...
                          because their future isn't orange

* I thought that was pretty quick
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

A whole lot of posts regarding the issues above have been removed from green threads since yesterday. ..
                            I wonder who is paying the overtime
                            MSME(MoneySuperMarketEmployee) Martin
                            It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              because their future isn't orange

* I thought that was pretty quick
                              I just got it
                              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

I am feeling highly honoured , I have had a pm from the woman herself, telling me to ignore people I don't like. Stupid cow doesn't know me very well now does she. But some of my posts have gone boohoo

Comment

Working...
                                X