GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
    Rather then a member going in an deleting all thier posts, requesting removal from the the email list, account deleting etc.

Is there anything under the the DPA that can be used/sent to make the sell out do it?
    I doubt it, as the DPA concerns the processing of personal data which is defined as data about a person rather than data which a person has submitted.

The best hope might be to claim that the data was submitted on the understanding that it was to be held on a system controlled by Mr Lewis and that, now that he has sold that controlling interest, you wish your submitted data to be deleted, removed or erased.

Comment

Thanks for that
      It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        Eitherway, anything you post, isnt yours, therefore the forum isnt yours either.
        correct. We make a point of this in our terms, ie everything you post becomes the intellectual copyright of AAD. It basically allows the forum owners to quote it without retribution.

You have to cover yourself and the whole forum before specific individuals so most good forums will have an exemption clause such as this. We definitely do!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

MSE T's and C's

Your content
          7.1 Just so that you know, you own any copyright in the text that you post to our forums. However, when you post text, you expressly grant us a perpetual, unlimited free license to republish that text on our site and to redistribute/make available and/or sell that text in print or electronic form anywhere in the world as part of an edited compilation or otherwise. Skimlinks software may automatically track certain contextual links in your forum posts. See our Skimlinks factsheet for more details.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            The photograph below seems to depict someone suffering from cramp or repetitive strain injury.

mouthache
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              MSE T's and C's
              Ours forms part of our group privacy policy so although we have a mini section at registration - we supercede it with our main site privacy and terms which basically say we can do what we want with the data - but that we actually won't do anything with it without seeking permission first.

You're quite safe with us, we tried to create terms that were heavily favoured to the end user but also protecting the forum and me (and my mods)!

AAD Terms
              Forum Disclaimer and Basic Rules
              Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index. Although the administrators and moderators of allaboutFORUMS will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of allaboutFORUMS, nor any of it's partners or subsidiaries will be held responsible for the content of any message.
              All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of allaboutFORUMS. The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using allaboutFORUMS does not mean that allaboutFORUMS has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to us as the forum is not monitored 24/7.
              allaboutFORUMS do not endorse, vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. Any messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of allaboutFORUMS. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. Please note that this is a manual process, so we may not be able to remove particular messages immediately.

Persons posting to Forums hereby agree to abide by all applicable laws both UK and International and to accept legal responsibility for the contents of their messages. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use any Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this Forum.

Although allaboutFORUMS is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless allaboutFORUMS, their staff, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). allaboutFORUMS also reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of any legal action arising from any message posted by you.

The full forum rules can be found by clicking here: allaboutFORUMS - Rules & Policies or Return to the Forum Index.
              By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are a direct breach of of any of our rules; you also agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our directors, officers, employees and licensors/partners from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we may incur (including reasonable legal fees) as a result of any material that you post or transmit on allaboutFORUMS.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

We could have a "Have i got News For You" style caption competition .....

ML - "As if anyone is going to believe the rumour that my **** is this big"

Comment

Nick has set up his own forum.

Fair play ---> EnergySavingExpert.co.uk

I've just joined. Seems ok from first glance. Well done mate

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                    We could have a "Have i got News For You" style caption competition .....

ML - "As if anyone is going to believe the rumour that my **** is this big"
                    Or "Guess how many pounds my site is really worth." ?

Comment

its really worth this much 'Nil'

Comment

Comment

Well here i am guys! I followd a link from a thread in which Martin Lewis tried to tell us what a great guy is and I found this great website....

Am i the first refugee?
                          Last edited by MSE Refugee; 3 June 2012, 23:36.

Comment

Martin Lewis what a con man! So refreshing to say that!

Comment

Welcome aboard, A fair few folks here were banned ages ago One of the reasons why Niddy started this site. I rather think you will be one of many who will find us in the coming days.

Regards and Best wishes, Handy
                              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by MSE Refugee View Post
                                Am i the first refugee?
                                Hi - I will be the first refugee (when I set this up back in 2009!)...

I think, at the last count, there are 140 odd ex MSE're already here add to that about 50 CAGgers and well, you get the idea

Comment

Working...
                                X