GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Were you advertising CAG?
    Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    They would be the last site on the web I'd plug for lol
    They might, however, be a better match for Masochistically Sustained Erections.

Comment

Few threads OTR - seems he's taking some crap

funniest post goes to this bloke ---> MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations to Martin and the MSE team

Main thread --> MSE Discussion: MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Press Release --->
        moneysupermarket.com - Investor Relations - Proposed Acquisition of MoneySavingExpert for up to £87 million

Interesting --->
        allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Martins POV --->
        Martin Lewis on MoneySavingExpert.com joining the MoneySupermarket group

Bed time

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Well I've sent him a message lol:
          Attached Files

Comment

BTW just noticed we need to get "AAD" on the first page at least of Google.

Comment

I can only imagine whats going through MSE Andrea's head....ohhh the power!!!!!!!!!

Comment

maybe thats because he's going to be picking up a 'Big Mac' - and Dumping on everyone else!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The site continues to follow its founding principles. Our primary job is to continue to ensure we provide the best information to help consumers, based on journalistic research,
                  Hmm, sorry but the only unbiased journalists left these days, who asre allowed to speak freely probably DONT work for MSE, more like PressTV, RT or AL Jazeera.

LOL Gotta laugh at that quote from ML

Sell out, mmmm not completley sure as I would never want the site to closed.

And long term investment from Moneysupermarket should save us all more money (And someone has to make money to keep the wheels going round).

Well done Martin & Team.

Stuart
                  Is this guy living on a different planet to us? ML isnt a sale out, because he wouldnt want to see the site close? i think someone needs to teach this guy how to give reasons by examples.

Originally posted by SXGuy
                  anyone on here who thinks this is a good thing for "your" forum, are living on another planet, sorry but thats the truth.

You talk about it being "your" forum, yet you have NO control over the content, all you have, is the "hope" that a mod wont delete your post should they feel it not acceptable. This already happens with certain subjects which i wont mention, but anyone seen me post before will know what i mean.

So your all assuming that you will be given debt help from a site which is fully affiliated with a site that promotes Credit Cards? i.e DEBT.

So next time you are finding it hard paying your creditors and you are paying them tokens, feel safe in knowing that the next advice you will prob get from here, is to consolidate your debt with a nice loan or credit card from their partners at MoneySupermarket.

WAKE UP, yes this is a business, and ML can do what he likes, but do not sit there deluded thinking that this is anyway YOUR site, or that it will not influence people to make bad debt choices.

Time for you all to move on to somewhere, where people actually help you get out of debt, not put you more in it.

Rant over.
                  Last edited by SXGuy; 2 June 2012, 08:23.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I suppose we better be careful that the credit card card/ banks dont offer Niddy millions to just shut this site down!!!!

I wonder how much money Niddy etc have cost the companies over the years and who has managed to stick it to the companies for the largest total amount????

Comment

martin lewis has sold the MSe members, literally

the money comes from the numbers of peeps frequenting the site(and clicking stuff)
                      the peeps frequent the site because you (used) to get help from a wide spectrum of well informed guys who gave up their time to help peeps in desparate straits.
                      the MSE team know squat and are only fit for telling you off for mentioning AAD or God Forbid!!! UE
                      the expertise and the will to help was in the members and that bampot sold that expertise
                      which wasn't bloody his to sell
                      somebody should sue the self satisfied shytebag

Comment

dont think you could sue, what proof does anyone have that the site was theres?.

The only argument would be content rights, to the people who posted, however, i havent checked the terms when signing up, but its likely that there will be something to do with agreeing to give up those rights, or perhaps a statement that forum messages being public domain.

Eitherway, anything you post, isnt yours, therefore the forum isnt yours either.

Comment

The photograph below seems to depict someone suffering from cramp or repetitive strain injury.

Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 2 June 2012, 20:51.

Comment

lol this is very relevant too "I am not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be a lawyer.

For sensible legal advice, find a solicitor."

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              lol this is very relevant too "I am not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be a lawyer.

For sensible legal advice, find a solicitor."
                              I know libel law quite well myself.

Comment

A quick question

Rather then a member going in an deleting all thier posts, requesting removal from the the email list, account deleting etc.

Is there anything under the the DPA that can be used/sent to make the sell out do it?
                                It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Working...
                                X