GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MoneySavingExpert.com to join the MoneySupermarket.com group

Please no link. No need.

We have users there watching and warning.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Really no point putting up link you just have to look but I've calmed down and now relaxing

So glad people are watching and warning. Great job Niddy.

Comment

Putting MSE links on here is akin to putting Graffiti on walls.

Comment

Hmmmmm........ I sincerely hope there's people from this site offering sound advice there as well then. At the end of the day there are real people at the end of these threads.

Comment

There are some well intentioned people over there. I know that for a fact. How else would I have got here.

And yes I do know we are talking about MSE

Comment

BBoo we can only do so much but I'm not gonna suggest our users go there to help. They left there remember, ergo welcome AAD!

That just ain't gonna happen. The users that need us will be PM'd by one of us.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                There are some well intentioned people over there. I know that for a fact.

Thats true, not as many as there used to be
                It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I appreciate there's well intentioned people there, also that there are not as many as there were as quite a few have headed this way, though many here still retain accounts there and post there.

My concern always lies with the person in difficulties, and if someone is £700 per month adrift, and they're not getting appropriate help, they need pointing in the right direction, whether that be here or somewhere else. As long as that is happening then that's great, job done. If it's not happening, then some poor souls out there need help.

I know I have very little to offer in many areas of this site, but I also know that I can help people like that, whether or not any of their debts are UE - please don't think I'm suggesting this site can't help, that's not what I'm intending to say. I'm not familiar with MSE, nor do I intend to become familiar with it, and it may well be that anything I may suggest on there would be moderated a la CAG . It just infuriates me to see, or hear of people suffering unnecessarily like that. I guess being incredibly passionate about things has its pluses and minuses!

Comment

I found that MSE was just too sanctimonious. When some poor soul posted about their problem far too many people would jump on them.

I mean, how helpful is it when you ask for help to get a reply that says you shouldn't have done it in the first place??? Bollox.

If a website says its raison d'être is to help people it should damn well make sure that's what it does. Kudos to this site - it definitely has all the right vibes to do just that.

Comment

This site most definitely does help - it's very good. It's interesting to hear experiences from MSE - as I say, I'm not familiar with it.

I'm just glad that everyone on there who is in difficulties is getting pm'd with a suggestion they come here. It's up to them then whether or not they act on that suggestion.

Comment

It can be useful. Some great people there especially the ones that share any bargains they have found. I've had many a bargain and a lot of free stuff and even 1p items - all from those posting on the forums.

I guess the problem is those trying to help in the debt forum aren't as experienced or knowledgeable as those here. I've also noticed recently a lot of people getting on their high horse if people even hint at not paying debts.

Comment

that's it, we run regular rescue missions but have to be a bit careful
                          if you're banned from MSE there is no point
                          you also need a bit of credibility, ie medals, or no one is going to take what you say seriously
                          it drives me personally mad to see wrong and sanctamonious shyte being peddled to peeps in dire straits, we can get some to listen but unfortunately not all
                          and remember some folk want to believe/take the easy route, UE is not the easy route
                          you need to be a bit brave and you need to do a bit, sure we help all we can, but some peeps just don't have the bottle.

Comment

BBoo
                            I am there, same name , and have never been banned. I have pm's a few people who need help, but as they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.

Don't underestimate what you or anyone here can offer, sometimes its just an ear, or some moral support that is needed.
                            I have had help on here about UE, PDL's, benefits, employment, BR.
                            Sometimes as i said its just a "yes thats a good idea " sometimes it's a "don't be so bloody stupid, get your prioritise right" and sometimes in somewhere in between.
                            All those opinions have been offered to me and all gratefully accepted

Comment

Originally posted by 925pws View Post
                              It can be useful. Some great people there especially the ones that share any bargains they have found. I've had many a bargain and a lot of free stuff and even 1p items - all from those posting on the forums.

I guess the problem is those trying to help in the debt forum aren't as experienced or knowledgeable as those here. I've also noticed recently a lot of people getting on their high horse if people even hint at not paying debts.
                              Spot on. I love the helpful bits and have gained a lot of savings there, but you are dead right about how folk are attacked about debt. If someone comes onto a debt help site, don't they expect to get help about debt? If they want a lecture about their morals, well fine, but make sure you tell folk that this is what the website will provide!

I have lots of feelings about debt and could happily lecture people about it. But I absolutely would only do that if someone asked me to do it! No one has so far

Someone says "help me" then I don't judge and if I can, I help. If not my mouth, or keyboard, stays quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cos View Post
                                Spot on. I love the helpful bits and have gained a lot of savings there, but you are dead right about how folk are attacked about debt. If someone comes onto a debt help site, don't they expect to get help about debt? If they want a lecture about their morals, well fine, but make sure you tell folk that this is what the website will provide!

I have lots of feelings about debt and could happily lecture people about it. But I absolutely would only do that if someone asked me to do it! No one has so far

Someone says "help me" then I don't judge and if I can, I help. If not my mouth, or keyboard, stays quiet.
                                Apart from students, clearly. They deserve all they get . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X