Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot

Has anyone had any threats from Cabot this year?

Anything, from a threat of legal action to a demand for money - if so please post here....

Their FCA authorisation expired some months ago - hence anything they have done (in a regulated capacity since Feb 2015) would be a criminal offence and we are after them so come on, lets get sharing this and hopefully get the Cabot senior management a suitable prison sentence for their illegal activity....

Please share across social media with a link back to AAD Consumer Forum.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Cabot

Does that include lawyers acting on their behalf?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Their website now lists them as Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited, which is currently authorised.

As is Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited.

It's just Cabot Financial (UK) Limited which has lapsed, which presumably they no longer operate under?
      Attached Files
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
        Does that include lawyers acting on their behalf?
        such as Rectums? Yep
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I had 2 letters this week offering a discount from Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited
          It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

I've had nothing since Oct 2013 ..When I put a complaint in about Fire.....

Comment

we've had a couple of letters this last couple of months offering help and support

the debts are SB so ignored

Comment

Latest I had was from Cabot Financial(Marlin) Limited. Strange though, as it states the Creditor as: Marlin Europe 11 Limited. So, do Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited. Have any authority in this case? Should they even be writing to me?

Comment

I'd not worry too much about things unless you've been contacted by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. You'll notice they may show as assignor or as the creditor if it's gone legal.

If they aren't authorised they can't assign a debt, debt collect a debt or start action - it's not guaranteed that you'll all have something but those that do - well, let's hope that a claim arrives let's put it that way

Comment

Good luck to everyone; please post!

Comment

some news on our Blog about cabot recently, if of any help:

Cabot sold by AnaCap - AAD Blog May 2015
                      Encore Capital agrees Cabot deal - AAD Blog May 2015
                      Cabot buys litigation firm - AAD Blog July 2015

Comment

I have seen 5 letters dated on 5 separate days, last week, saying they can help and give guidance and asking to phone. "We help thousands of customers each month to set up regular monthly repayment plans and we would like to help you take steps towards being free of this debt." Ahhh, how nice!

Write to Cabot Financial (Europe), but Current Creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited.

Comment

They can't perform any credit activity as unlicensed

Comment

Perhaps they are testing out a new IT system, and if you don't answer the phone they send a letter. It's that loverly Debbie Green that just wants to give us all a cuddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              They can't perform any credit activity as unlicensed
                              So a non authorised company cannot buy a regulated debt, or get a authorised company to collect it on their behalf?

If so, what legislation says that?

Just playing devils advocate here, as I think it could be a debatable point.

I may be wrong though, but helps to know legal basis of any compliant on these grounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X