Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    nice one ! is the SB period for overdrafts debt the same as credit card debt do you know ?
    No. An OD is annual so they can cancel it / recall it anytime really. Usually within 1yr from renewal so worse case 2yrs after last use.

Totally different. I've explained it on other threads - do you need the info or just curious as I am busy?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

guess i'll just send the prove it letter...
      why would you do that? Really?

Currently that was an automated letter - thousands were sent. Send it - watch then - a human intervenes and then they will be back on you like a rash.

Read my posts throughout this thread - why people are thinking about replying astounds me when it's spelled out throughout the thread that that would be pretty silly
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        I'd not worry too much about things unless you've been contacted by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. You'll notice they may show as assignor or as the creditor if it's gone legal.

If they aren't authorised they can't assign a debt, debt collect a debt or start action - it's not guaranteed that you'll all have something but those that do - well, let's hope that a claim arrives let's put it that way
        Niddy, my letter says "Write to us at Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited", Worthing address.
        However, the Current Creditor is listed as Cabot Financial UK Limited. (ie, no brackets around the UK).

They seem awfully confused, poor souls.

Mindful of what you've said later on, should I ignore or send Account Sold, do you think? I'd ordinarily send Account Sold but am now wondering?
        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

why would you do that? Really?

Currently that was an automated letter - thousands were sent. Send it - watch then - a human intervenes and then they will be back on you like a rash.

Read my posts throughout this thread - why people are thinking about replying astounds me when it's spelled out throughout the thread that that would be pretty silly
          Oh, okay..I didn't pick that up from the thread tbh, which is why I asked for advice.

Comment

If it was me I would not reply at this stage. What you guys do is entirely your own decision. If you do reply then maybe a new CCA request would be best.

Start from scratch.

Its the the last thing I'd do mind you. #JustSaying

Comment

If it was me I would not reply at this stage. What you guys do is entirely your own decision. If you do reply then maybe a new CCA request would be best.

Start from scratch.

Its the the last thing I'd do mind you. #JustSaying
              No, I'll take your advice and sit tight. I've started a Diary thread anyway so I don't side track this thread.Thanks mate..

Comment

No. An OD is annual so they can cancel it / recall it anytime really. Usually within 1yr from renewal so worse case 2yrs after last use.

Totally different. I've explained it on other threads - do you need the info or just curious as I am busy?
                No not just curious, have started a thread in the Diaries section anyway...Thanks....

Comment

No not just curious, have started a thread in the Diaries section anyway...Thanks....
                  Will check it out in 5

edit - --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post536542

Comment

It is nice to know they " have a flexible approach to how much you owe us". What on earth does that mean? Why can't they go directly to zero?

Comment

Another letter , I can speak to them pay monthly ,they will write again .Not threatening .
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Do you think you will answer that nice lady? After all they are only thinking about your future ability to obtain credit and be debt free. How magnanimous of them to think about your well-being!

Comment

Mmmmmmm let me think xx

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just had Cabot ring my mobile .

Comment

Aren't you the lucky one

Comment

What can I say ?

Comment

Working...
                                X