• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riz
    replied
    Re: Cabot

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    They can't perform any credit activity as unlicensed
    So a non authorised company cannot buy a regulated debt, or get a authorised company to collect it on their behalf?

If so, what legislation says that?

Just playing devils advocate here, as I think it could be a debatable point.

I may be wrong though, but helps to know legal basis of any compliant on these grounds.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Perhaps they are testing out a new IT system, and if you don't answer the phone they send a letter. It's that loverly Debbie Green that just wants to give us all a cuddle.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

They can't perform any credit activity as unlicensed

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

I have seen 5 letters dated on 5 separate days, last week, saying they can help and give guidance and asking to phone. "We help thousands of customers each month to set up regular monthly repayment plans and we would like to help you take steps towards being free of this debt." Ahhh, how nice!

Write to Cabot Financial (Europe), but Current Creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited.

Leave a comment:

• 5corpio
    replied

some news on our Blog about cabot recently, if of any help:

Cabot sold by AnaCap - AAD Blog May 2015
    Encore Capital agrees Cabot deal - AAD Blog May 2015
    Cabot buys litigation firm - AAD Blog July 2015

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Good luck to everyone; please post!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I'd not worry too much about things unless you've been contacted by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. You'll notice they may show as assignor or as the creditor if it's gone legal.

If they aren't authorised they can't assign a debt, debt collect a debt or start action - it's not guaranteed that you'll all have something but those that do - well, let's hope that a claim arrives let's put it that way

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Latest I had was from Cabot Financial(Marlin) Limited. Strange though, as it states the Creditor as: Marlin Europe 11 Limited. So, do Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited. Have any authority in this case? Should they even be writing to me?

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

we've had a couple of letters this last couple of months offering help and support

the debts are SB so ignored

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

I've had nothing since Oct 2013 ..When I put a complaint in about Fire.....

Leave a comment:

• Numpty Monkey
    replied

I had 2 letters this week offering a discount from Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Riz View Post
    Does that include lawyers acting on their behalf?
    such as Rectums? Yep

Leave a comment:

• Riz
    replied

Their website now lists them as Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited, which is currently authorised.

As is Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited.

It's just Cabot Financial (UK) Limited which has lapsed, which presumably they no longer operate under?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Riz
    replied

Does that include lawyers acting on their behalf?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    started a topic Cabot

Cabot

Has anyone had any threats from Cabot this year?

Anything, from a threat of legal action to a demand for money - if so please post here....

Their FCA authorisation expired some months ago - hence anything they have done (in a regulated capacity since Feb 2015) would be a criminal offence and we are after them so come on, lets get sharing this and hopefully get the Cabot senior management a suitable prison sentence for their illegal activity....

Please share across social media with a link back to AAD Consumer Forum.
Working...
X