• nanna58
    replied
    Re: Cabot

Mmmmmmm let me think xx

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Do you think you will answer that nice lady? After all they are only thinking about your future ability to obtain credit and be debt free. How magnanimous of them to think about your well-being!

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Another letter , I can speak to them pay monthly ,they will write again .Not threatening .

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

It is nice to know they " have a flexible approach to how much you owe us". What on earth does that mean? Why can't they go directly to zero?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    No not just curious, have started a thread in the Diaries section anyway...Thanks....
    Will check it out in 5

edit - --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post536542

Leave a comment:

• cardiac arrest
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    No. An OD is annual so they can cancel it / recall it anytime really. Usually within 1yr from renewal so worse case 2yrs after last use.

Totally different. I've explained it on other threads - do you need the info or just curious as I am busy?
    No not just curious, have started a thread in the Diaries section anyway...Thanks....

Leave a comment:

• cardiac arrest
    replied

If it was me I would not reply at this stage. What you guys do is entirely your own decision. If you do reply then maybe a new CCA request would be best.

Start from scratch.

Its the the last thing I'd do mind you. #JustSaying
    No, I'll take your advice and sit tight. I've started a Diary thread anyway so I don't side track this thread.Thanks mate..

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

If it was me I would not reply at this stage. What you guys do is entirely your own decision. If you do reply then maybe a new CCA request would be best.

Start from scratch.

Its the the last thing I'd do mind you. #JustSaying

Leave a comment:

• cardiac arrest
    replied

why would you do that? Really?

Currently that was an automated letter - thousands were sent. Send it - watch then - a human intervenes and then they will be back on you like a rash.

Read my posts throughout this thread - why people are thinking about replying astounds me when it's spelled out throughout the thread that that would be pretty silly
    Oh, okay..I didn't pick that up from the thread tbh, which is why I asked for advice.

Leave a comment:

• MustGetStraigh
    replied

I'd not worry too much about things unless you've been contacted by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. You'll notice they may show as assignor or as the creditor if it's gone legal.

If they aren't authorised they can't assign a debt, debt collect a debt or start action - it's not guaranteed that you'll all have something but those that do - well, let's hope that a claim arrives let's put it that way
    Niddy, my letter says "Write to us at Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited", Worthing address.
    However, the Current Creditor is listed as Cabot Financial UK Limited. (ie, no brackets around the UK).

They seem awfully confused, poor souls.

Mindful of what you've said later on, should I ignore or send Account Sold, do you think? I'd ordinarily send Account Sold but am now wondering?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

guess i'll just send the prove it letter...
    why would you do that? Really?

Currently that was an automated letter - thousands were sent. Send it - watch then - a human intervenes and then they will be back on you like a rash.

Read my posts throughout this thread - why people are thinking about replying astounds me when it's spelled out throughout the thread that that would be pretty silly

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

nice one ! is the SB period for overdrafts debt the same as credit card debt do you know ?
    No. An OD is annual so they can cancel it / recall it anytime really. Usually within 1yr from renewal so worse case 2yrs after last use.

Totally different. I've explained it on other threads - do you need the info or just curious as I am busy?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X