GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Helmsman UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmsman UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Helmsman UE Diary

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
    Emailed Dryden to let them know I am seeking legal advice.3/6/13 10 00am
    up to date
    Are you not going to reply to their letter of claim with a proper letter like the one quoted above? Because 'seeking legal advice' is very generic and does not address the issues, nor does it comply with the pre-action protocol.

Many solicitors are stopped on their tracks when they are told they are not complying with the protocol themselves, they are fully aware of the costs implications this can have. A response to a letter of claim is also an opportunity to set the record straight and tell them where they are going wrong before they take things further. In this case it would be an opportunity to challenge them to produce an agreement, a challenge they will not be able to rise to.

Comment

I second what GetSmart has said, and actually a proper worded reply will most likely see them off.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by GetSmart View Post
        Are you not going to reply to their letter of claim with a proper letter like the one quoted above? Because 'seeking legal advice' is very generic and does not address the issues, nor does it comply with the pre-action protocol.

Many solicitors are stopped on their tracks when they are told they are not complying with the protocol themselves, they are fully aware of the costs implications this can have. A response to a letter of claim is also an opportunity to set the record straight and tell them where they are going wrong before they take things further. In this case it would be an opportunity to challenge them to produce an agreement, a challenge they will not be able to rise to.
        Hi ,
        Thanks for that, I am going to engage Paul if he thinks its ok as I would like this to finish, they will just leave it for a while then get someone else to chase it, Paul will I hope see them off and put an end to it as he has done before with cabot for me.
        Helmsman

Comment

That would be a good idea. Enough is enough. You've had two sets of solicitors chasing you so it's time to knock it on the head.

Will you be able to keep us updated though

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
            That would be a good idea. Enough is enough. You've had two sets of solicitors chasing you so it's time to knock it on the head.

Will you be able to keep us updated though
            Of course Plan B I always do, Its only the right thing to do on aad because it may help others.

Comment

Hi ,
              Thanks for that, I am going to engage Paul if he thinks its ok as I would like this to finish, they will just leave it for a while then get someone else to chase it, Paul will I hope see them off and put an end to it as he has done before with cabot for me.
              Helmsman
              That sounds like a great idea - thing is sometimes you hit a brick wall and need expert advice, none more so to make them see sense i.e. if you play arses with me I will get my, much more powerful than you, contact to wipe the floor with you.

Thing is the amount you've saved over the years - it may be worth spending a couple of hundred to deal with these threats once and for all - wise thinking.

Best of luck
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                That sounds like a great idea - thing is sometimes you hit a brick wall and need expert advice, none more so to make them see sense i.e. if you play arses with me I will get my, much more powerful than you, contact to wipe the floor with you.

Thing is the amount you've saved over the years - it may be worth spending a couple of hundred to deal with these threats once and for all - wise thinking.

Best of luck
                Yep my thoughts exactly Niddy, you are right of course nearly 3 years since I joined AAD have really got our life back together, luckily now we can afford to get the best solicitor (Paul) and he is very reasonable to AAD members and I am also aware that people cant always find the money to pay for the advice.
                Helmsman.

Comment

Hi ,
                  Helmsman
                  Hi All,
                  Paul is on the case.

Comment

Hi All,
                    Paul is on the case.
                    Brilliant news helsman, fingers crossed from me too
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi All,
                      Paul is on the case.
                      Update, nothing to report they have not a clue.

Comment

cancelled
                        Last edited by helmsman; 29 June 2013, 16:30.

Comment

Hi,
                          Have just had a mosey thru my credit file Exp & Equ most of my defaults all 2007(disappearing this year happy days) then some only defaulted me in 2011 bastards but never mind ccj in 2011 so its 2017 for us to have a clear file. So Vanquis may have a new customer in 2017 or they may not.

Comment

I don't think you need a clear file for Vanquis...though I'm not sure how a ccj affects things (I should because I've got one too!)
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hi Helmsman,
                              Just to let you know mate; I applied for a Vanquis (Granite) credit card after two years of default. Thread here mate.
                              Good luck!
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                                hi Helmsman,
                                Just to let you know mate; I applied for a Vanquis (Granite) credit card after two years of default. Thread here mate.
                                Good luck!
                                Hi Missy,
                                Just read the thread, had not read the early part of it though, ok well done, Iwont be able to apply as have a ccj comes off in 2017 just out of interest which bank backs vanquis?.
                                Just googled it, its provident financial mmm don't owe them anything
                                Last edited by helmsman; 30 June 2013, 20:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X