GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pixie's UE diary

Originally posted by Pip View Post
    Hi Pixie!

Just wondering -- have you really heard nothing from Arrow/Wescot since March 2011? And has your erstwhile MBNA account been pretty much a sleeping dog since then?

I've very recently received a NOA from Arrow and was reading up on different people's experiences with them (some nasty), so if you've heard bugger-all from them in 20 months, then that's quite encouraging!

Apologies for not having replied sooner...had computer problems and missed your post.

I hadn't heard anything from my Arrow/mbna account until a week or so ago

Had a doorstep visit threat from Debt Managers so I sent the "Account sold while in dispute" letter to them with the doorstep visit threat reply added.

I've now received a letter from Robbers Way with regard to the Link account allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Pixie's UE diary so I'll respond with "Account sold while in dispute".

I don't know why these two have suddenly crawled out of the woodwork
    Last edited by Pixie; 7 December 2012, 08:10.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Looking for Christmas Party money?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        I hadn't heard anything from my Arrow/mbna account until a week or so ago

Had a doorstep visit threat from Debt Managers so I sent the "Account sold while in dispute" letter to them with the doorstep visit threat reply added.

I've now received a letter from Robbers Way with regard to the Link account so I'll respond with "Account sold while in dispute".

I don't know why these two have suddenly crawled out of the woodwork
        Oh no! I hope my question didn't jinx the debt collection into becoming active again...

Comment

Oh no! I hope my question didn't jinx the debt collection into becoming active again...

No, I think Elsa's suggestion is more likely

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

After sending Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute and Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status to Debt Managers, I've received a letter from them saying that, due to the ongoing dispute, they've returned the account to the client and I'll receive no further correspondence from Debt Managers

Let's hope Arrow Global forget about it for another 18 months!

Comment

great piece of news pixie

Comment

Good news Pixie

Comment

Good news
                  GM

Comment

Good News Pix x

Comment

I've received a letter from M&S (enforceable) saying they've sold the account to Marlin and also a letter from Marlin (in the same envelope) saying they've bought the debt and I've to phone them within 5 days.

I hadn't heard anything about this debt for 2 years

I'll send Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute to Marlin.

Edit: just checked again and it's a year since I heard anything, not 2 (I forgot to put 2012 on my diary entry )
                      Last edited by Pixie; 2 March 2013, 19:41.

Comment

How long before it's SB ?

Comment

3 and a half years

Comment

Received letter from Marlin in response to my Account Sold while in Dispute letter.

They say that currently there is no legal action being considered (nice to know ) but, as they are acting within OFT guidelines, the account will not be closed at this time.

They are getting back to HSBC for more information and placing the account on hold in the meantime.

I wonder what they'll come back with when M&S tell them it's actually enforceable?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              I wonder what they'll come back with when M&S tell them it's actually enforceable?
                              But... would M&S know for absolute definite whether it's enforceable or not? I get the feeling that the majority of DCAs and/or OCs don't really know that until the very rare event of it getting to court or pre-court solicitor negotiations. I may be wrong though!

Comment

But... would M&S know for absolute definite whether it's enforceable or not?
                                I'm hoping that they don't...and I've certainly no intentions of telling them!

I've been blagging it for 2 and a half years so and will carry on doing so. My only concern is that it's now with Marlin who are known to be barstewards.

Comment

Working...
                                X