GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pixie's UE diary

A couple of years ago I had a CCJ awarded against me for an enforceable (too new so not mentioned on my diary) debt.

I've received a letter today from the OC saying that they're selling the debt to Arrow Global the day after the 2nd anniversary of the ccj.

I have a few questions. Is there any significance in the date? Can Arrow Global increase the payment? Is it just a business decision - if they've sold the debt for 10% of the original debt they'll at least have recouped the court costs which, at the payment rate set by the court, they're unlikely ever to get repaid as I'll probably be dead!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They need a redetermination to get more out of you but that costs them so they try it on via a i&e to see if you are capable of paying more.

I would suspect a CCJ debt is worth more than the 10%. If its secured via a CO its worth more again.

I think alot of creditors will be starting to offload non performing debts. They needed them to bolster their balance sheets. Now they have got capital up again they can start off loading.

Dont be surprised if Arrow place this with a DCA you already have as they are using that new fangled Experian client track and trace computer program.

Comment

Thanks Ken.

Arrow already have my mbna debt.

No chance of a CO as I rent and the CCJ was set at £1 a month. If they try to get me to do an I&E they'll get told where to go!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Our rent a solicitor has just written asserting that they can and will review our CCJ/CO at 6 monthly intervals. Then ask us to fill in an i&e

They can if they want to follow procedure and ask a judge who can then order i&e disclosure. But costs them so they dont and hope we help them work out if its worth their while.

After the trauma of a CCJ think the only way left to stick two fingers up is to pay forever. Not that we get that chance as ours will be paid in 11 years. But as it gets smaller the less likely they will try anything.

Comment

I'm quite happy to carry on paying £1 a month until the day I die.

Comment

My LTSB credit card account has been sold to Capquest and they have appointed Debt Managers to manage it. Will send SWID to Debt Managers.

Comment

There really does seem to be a lot of activity in the market for old dross credit accounts being sold to the reptiles recently Pixie. Most of whom have not even checked the viability or veracity of the CD they have bought. Every single question they have to refer back to the original account holder "for further information". regards G

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                  There really does seem to be a lot of activity in the market for old dross credit accounts being sold to the reptiles recently Pixie.
                  I've noticed that too Garlok. I received a letter from LTSB yesterday saying the account had been assigned and I had to contact Debt Managers to organise payment "as a matter of urgency". Don't know what the rush is, I haven't paid them for 3 years so I think they'll be waiting a bit lot longer

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I've noticed that too Garlok. I received a letter from LTSB yesterday saying the account had been assigned and I had to contact Debt Managers to organise payment "as a matter of urgency". Don't know what the rush is, I haven't paid them for 3 years so I think they'll be waiting a bit lot longer
                    I would sit in wait to ambush Debt Managers. They are required to contact you to inform you that they are the assignee. We saw off Debt Managers a long time with one of our BC accounts when they were acting as "agents for", they hadn't bought it. They are another bunch who really do not like resistance from consumers like ourselves and they slithered away in our case, returning the account to BC complaining like Moorcroft did on another account that this nasty man had been shouting at their little darlings.

What I am noticing however is that these debt purchasers (reptilian parasites) seem to believe that they suddenly have more legal powers and authority as they have purchased a cheap CD off e-bay and that absolves them from any responsibilities and liabilities under the law. Oh well its good letting them know.

regards
                    G

Comment

I've seen them off on two other accounts (BC and MBNA). Like yours, these were ones they hadn't actually bought. I wonder if they'll be any different as they have actually bought this. Time will tell

Comment

Debt Managers have been phoning...first dca phone calls I've had for about 2 years. I don't know how they got my number. Anyway, I've sent SWID with a bit added about only communicating in writing to DM and SWID to Capquest.

Comment

mbna

[snip]
                          November 'account sold while in dispute' letters sent to both Arrow Global and Westcot
                          November letter from Westcot saying that they are investigating my query
                          December Letter from Westcott saying that I need to contact their client (Arrow Global)with cca request I've already requested cca from mbna so will ignore for now and see what happens
                          January 'Notice of Debt Collection' received from Westcots saying that I've to pay in full or contact them by the date specified. If I fail to reply to the notice they will take the action detailed. No date specified and no details given of the action.
                          January 'Final Notice' received from Westcot. Unless I pay the full amount by 24/1collection activity will continue on the account.
                          January 'Threat by lender/dca to commence litigation/ doorstep visit' letter sent
                          February Letter received from Arrow Global re letter (above) sent to Westcot. They do not accept that they are the creditor but are "willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course." Wait and see what they get from mbna.
                          March Received application form and T&Cs from Arrow Global exactly the same that i received from MNBA in July except the current T&Cs have changed.

November Received threat of a doorstep visit from Debt Managers
                          November Sent "Account sold while in dispute" with an added paragraph about doorstep visit
                          November Letter from Debt Managers. They are unaware of any dispute so contacting clients. Also dealing with my dissatisfaction (doorstep visit) through their complaints process

January "Account on hold" letter from Debt Managers
                          February Letter from Debt Managers saying that Arrow Global have asked them to continue with collections as there is no outstanding dispute on the account. Also enclosed I&E form for my repayment proposals
                          February Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status sent to Debt Managers
                          February Letter from Debt Managers returning account to client
                          Hello Pixie!

Sorry to dredge this up! I'd really appreciate hearing a little more about the wording of the letter from Arrow Global in March 2011 when they sent the application form and T&Cs. Also, there's nothing listed about in the diary, but did you reply to Arrow in response to their sending the application form etc? Just I find myself in a very similar situation today but they did enclose a sternly-worded letter even though it's the first thing I've heard from them in six months.

I hope I don't jinx this sleeping dog back into life for you by asking about it ...
                          Many many thanks!
                          Pip

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
                            I hope I don't jinx this sleeping dog back into life for you by asking about it ...
                            Many many thanks!
                            Pip
                            Hi Pip. I hope so too!

I'll have a look in my file for you. I probably didn't reply as a reply isn't recorded in my diary and I'm usually pretty good with recording everything.

Comment

Ooops. I've just checked and I sent the missing prescribed terms letter to Arrow Global I'll update my diary.

The letter from Arrow Global says the account has been assigned to them by MBNA. It goes on to say

In response to a request for copy documentation under Section78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we enclose:
                              1. A copy of the agreement;
                              2. A copy of the terms & conditions;
                              We confirm:
                              a. The account is in default; and
                              b. The total sum outstanding is £X

Please now provide your proposal for repayment of your debt. Failure to do so will result in the continuation of collection activity, which in your case may include litigation.
                              I hadn't asked Arrow Global for a cca.

Comment

"Failure to do so will result in the continuation of collection activity, which in your case may include litigation."
                                Ah, phew. It's just standard wording. I thought my case was special, but not so, I'm relieved to see(!)

Thanks very much for delving back a couple of years into your letter file!
                                Last edited by Pip; 13 August 2013, 14:41. Reason: "phew" smiley!

Comment

Working...
                                X