GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dad's Barclaycard diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dad's Barclaycard diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad's Barclaycard diary

I'm starting this thread on behalf of my Dad who has finally listened to me about UE!

• Type of account (credit card/loan) credit card
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Not sure
    • Approx balance £4500
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) June 2016
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) arrears
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Barlcaycard

September Sent cca request and telephone harrassment letter
    October Reply received to telephone harrassment letter filed
    OctoberRecon CCA received sent to Niddy to check- UE
    October Sent T&Cs Received
    November If Dad doesn't pay £xxx immediately theyre going to default him filed
    DecemberParcel received from Barclaycard with cca and loads of statements...in response to his SAR! CCA sent to Niddy to check.

February ​Letter received saying that Westcot have been asked to manage the account.
    February Letter received from Westcot. He's also had several calls.
    FebruarySWIDsent to Westcot along with telephone harrassment letter
    March Letter from Westcot - sorry for the inconvenience
    March Letter from Westcot - reduced settlement offer
    March Letter from Westcot - cca request fully responded to
    April Letter from Westcot offering payment plans
    May Letter from 2f (Westcot) confirming residency
    May "Important message" from 2f in one of those slips that you tear open on 3 sides
    June Letter saying account being passed to Moorcroft filed
    June Letter from Moorcroft saying they'll be in touch in the next 7 days by letter and/or phone filed
    Last edited by Pixie; 13 June 2017, 11:12.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Dad's Barclaycard diary

Dad received quite a sarky letter saying they'd written because he didn't want them to phone. Said they didn't consider it harrassment but they haven't phoned since so the letter worked.

He's now received his "cca" though it looks like just T&Cs to me. I'll scan and email to Niddy just to make sure. He also received a booklet of T&Cs in a separate envelope.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Niddy has confirmed its UE

Will send T&Cs received template.

Comment

good luck to Dad Pixie xx
        Last edited by nanna58; 21 February 2017, 17:26.
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Thank you nanna. I just wish he'd listened to me ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Thank you nanna. I just wish he'd listened to me ages ago.
            Ah but parent's don't like to admit that their children know better, do we?

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              Ah but parent's don't like to admit that their children know better, do we?
              definitely not

Comment

Letter received saying that if Dad doesn't pay £xxx immediately they'll send him to The Tower default him. I wish they'd hurry up and then the interest and default payments will stop being added to the balance.

Comment

oooh that's not bad, sure some of them wanted to hang, draw and quarter MrD

must be getting nicer in their old age.....................

Comment

Dad phoned me in a bit of a panic yesterday as he'd had a delivery from Barclaycard via parcelforce (24 hour delivery at that! It was sent on Friday.)

I went to see him and the covering letter referred to his Subject Access Request! Of course he didn't do a SAR but a CCA request. There was a copy of his cca (which I'll scan and send to Niddy), bumph about the application and credit scoring, a few pages of explanations of abbreviations and then about an inch of copies of statements in a computerised format not the format that they send out to the customer. However, there were no T&Cs.

Comment

That was clever of them, as I think that means they have ignored your CCA request and currently could not persue? Obviously they could rectify it, but well done - and thats before Niddy sets eyes on it
                      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Unfortunately Niddy says it's

Yes, they've ignored the cca request Susie but they sent the agreement in the "SAR" package so probably couldn't argue it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          I'm starting this thread on behalf of my Dad who has finally listened to me about UE!

• Type of account (credit card/loan) credit card
                          • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Not sure
                          • Approx balance £4500
                          • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) June 2016
                          • Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying
                          • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) arrears
                          • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Barlcaycard

September Sent cca request and telephone harrassment letter
                          October Reply received to telephone harrassment letter filed
                          OctoberRecon CCA received sent to Niddy to check- UE
                          October Sent T&Cs Received
                          November If Dad doesn't pay £xxx immediately theyre going to default him filed
                          DecemberParcel received from Barclaycard with cca and loads of statements...in response to his SAR! CCA sent to Niddy to check.

February ​Letter received saying that Westcott have been asked to manage the account.
                          It also says that Westcott will be in touch with him by phone or by letter. I'll wait and see what Westcott send him (though this letter was in a Westcott envelope. I recognised the Huddersfield address on the flap.)

Comment

Letter received from Westcot, just a general introduction letter to discuss the outstanding balance. I'll send SWID and also add a bit about the phone calls.

Comment

Good thinking Pixie xx
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X