GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Charlee UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlee UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlee UE Diary

MBNA Credit Card
    Date commenced: Approx. 2009
    Approx Balance £2940
    Date last paid April 2016
    Defaulted May 2016
    Account owner MBNA

Requested CCA and they supplied a signed agreement showing that the card was taken out in 2009.

Charlee UE Diary

Barclaycard Credit Card
    Date commenced: Approx. pre 2007
    Approx Balance £12000
    Defaulted May 2016
    Account owner Barclaycard

Requested CCA and they supplied a reconstituted agreement and have added nearly £400 interest. Receiving automated telephone calls 6 times each day but I'm not responding to them.

Comment

Charlee UE Diary

Barclaycard Credit Card
      Date commenced: Approx. pre 2007 (probably)
      Approx Balance £1068
      Defaulted May 2016

Requested CCA and they supplied a reconstituted agreement and have added interest. Telephoning 6 times per day but ignoring.

Comment

Charlee UE Diary

Halifax Credit Card
        Approx Balance £7900
        Defaulted May 2016

Halifax have admitted that they don't have a signed copy of the original but have supplied a reconstituted agreement.

Comment

Charlee UE Diary

HSBC Credit Card
          Approx Balance £7000
          Date last paid May 2016
          Defaulted – not so far
          Account owner HSBC

No request made for CCA and no contact as our bank account is with them. Have just opened a new basic bank account with another bank in advance of requesting CCA.

Comment

Re: Charlee UE Diary

Threads merged into one. Please post a reply with each account. Not a new thread.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you look at some of the other diaries you will see that people post in different coloured type to differentiate between letters received and sent etc.

-> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Read-me-First!

Remember to send unedited copies of your CCAs to Niddy (webmaster @all-about-debt.co.uk) with a link to this thread and your name in the subject line. If is totally secure.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you and agreements now uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlee View Post
                  MBNA Credit Card
                  Date commenced: Approx. 2009
                  Approx Balance £2940
                  Defaulted May 2016
                  Account owner MBNA

Requested CCA and they supplied a signed agreement showing that the card was taken out in 2009.
                  Sadly this is enforceable due to it being an exact copy of the agreement held.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Barclaycard Credit Card
                    Approx Balance £12000
                    Defaulted May 2016

Requested CCA and they supplied a reconstituted agreement and have added nearly £400 interest. Receiving automated telephone calls 6 times each day but I'm not responding to them.
                    This looks unenforceable as they've only sent a recon agreement. It can be remedied if they sort their act out but we could argue default and assignment issues as well if necessary and applicable. Have you been served a default notice and if so was it sent by Mercers or Barclays?

Comment

Barclaycard Credit Card
                      Date commenced: Approx. pre 2007 (probably)
                      Approx Balance £1068
                      Defaulted May 2016

Requested CCA and they supplied a reconstituted agreement and have added interest. Telephoning 6 times per day but ignoring.
                      This looks unenforceable as they've only sent a recon agreement. It can be remedied if they sort their act out but we could argue default and assignment issues as well if necessary and applicable. Have you been served a default notice and if so was it sent by Mercers or Barclays?

Comment

Halifax Credit Card
                        Approx Balance £7900
                        Defaulted May 2016

Halifax have admitted that they don't have a signed copy of the original but have supplied a reconstituted agreement.
                        unable to answer as its been redacted. We can't help if you redact pages.

Comment

HSBC Credit Card
                          Approx Balance £7000
                          Date last paid May 2016
                          Defaulted – not so far
                          Account owner HSBC

No request made for CCA and no contact as our bank account is with them. Have just opened a new basic bank account with another bank in advance of requesting CCA.
                          Who is the basic account with? Just make sure it's not Lloyds, Bank of Scotland, Halifax, 1st Direct, M&S Bank or Barclays as they could offset against your debts within the respective groups.

HSBC = M&S / 1st Direct
                          Halifax = BOS / Lloyds / Halifax
                          Barclays = Barclays

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Sadly this is enforceable due to it being an exact copy of the agreement held.

Having survived what must be over 100 telephone calls and letters, I'm back to worrying about this and my other debts. I'm slightly less nervous about the others as they seem unenforceable as confirmed by Niddy.

I wrote to MBNA explaining that I have no source of income, being totally dependent on my husband for support. They never checked on my employment status or whether I had any source of income when offering me the credit card. I've never been in employment since shortly after getting married as I've worked hard to bring up 3 daughters and am now helping them with their own children by doing the school run and much more.

MBNA responded by requesting full details of my husband's income but he's reluctant to provide them with this as he is about to embark on his own UE Diary as we struggle to manage our household budget and debts are still mounting up.

Should I tell them again that I have no income or try to scrape enough together for a token monthly payment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Just because it most likely is enforceable and is a more recent debt (2009) it doesn't mean that all is lost and you give in.....Not by a long way.....There are several other things that could help you case should you ever need to fight this. It is also quite a low balance so that can only be in your favour.

If it were me, For now to give you a little breathing space I would just ignore their letter and see what they send next

You are under no obligation to supply them with your income and expenditure details or those of your partner etc. Neither should you supply these unless you have taken advice first and are making a settlement of some kind ( Where a low income etc would support your offer)
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X