GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Charlee UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlee UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charlee UE Diary

It's just a standard letter trying to scare you. If it was me, I'd file it and wait to see what comes next. When a debt gets sold on, you have to ask why and it's usually because they know (the original creditor) that there is something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlee View Post
      Halifax Credit Card now being dealt with by Moorcroft.

Help needed please. Letter from Moorcroft dated 28th November received 5th December (yesterday) telling me I need to pay £8545 within 7 days or contact them by phone or letter with a payment offer. I'm awaiting a reply from Niddy to say whether the CCA is enforceable. Can anyone advise on how I should respond please as the deadline has already passed.
      First of all don't worry, the deadline doesn't mean very much. Moorcroft are one of the "softer" DCAs. Remind Niddy as he says in post #26. You could probably do with joining AAD+ to have access to all our template letters; there is a section on the top of the right hand side of the forum home page about upgrading to AAD+.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Regards Halifax, you redacted it so I couldn't do anything. If you email an unedited copy I'll look at it as I don't retain historic emails so won't have the last one you sent. If for any reason I don't reply within a few days (3/4 days) please remind me by email or PM here as it could be lost in transmission / blocked by spam filter / missed by me so always chase me if you've emailed anything.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Still awaiting email of agreement (unedited)
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy and complete CCA now emailed.

Comment

It's a scare tactic you'll be fine xx
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Halifax Credit Card now being dealt with by Moorcroft.

Help needed please. Letter from Moorcroft dated 28th November received 5th December (yesterday) telling me I need to pay £8545 within 7 days or contact them by phone or letter with a payment offer. I'm awaiting a reply from Niddy to say whether the CCA is enforceable. Can anyone advise on how I should respond please as the deadline has already passed.
              Since they did not appear to specify which 7 days they were giving you to respond in, I think its safe for you to choose the ones that are convenient to you, therefore there is no deadline to miss
              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

o
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hi All, after ignoring hundreds of phone calls and filing endless letters from DRAs, I've now received separate letters for each of the Barclaycard debts. These are from the same company and are identical. They have offered a 25% reduction for full settlement which I can't afford. If I don't accept, they say they will assess my case against their litigation criteria. That word 'litigation' is now worrying me. Should I respond in any way and, if I don't, does anyone know what's likely to happen next. As usual, any advice gratefully received.

Comment

Unless it's a threat (LBA or court paperI wouldn't worry too much.

Comment

Hi All, after ignoring hundreds of phone calls and filing endless letters from DRAs, I've now received separate letters for each of the Barclaycard debts. These are from the same company and are identical. They have offered a 25% reduction for full settlement which I can't afford. If I don't accept, they say they will assess my case against their litigation criteria. That word 'litigation' is now worrying me. Should I respond in any way and, if I don't, does anyone know what's likely to happen next. As usual, any advice gratefully received.
                      Which is why they use it! I wouldn't be worrying. After all, why would they be offering you a discount if they thought they could take you to court and get the full amount? Of course, that's not to say they won't at some point but don't worry about it as it may not happen.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I've now received separate letters for each of the Barclaycard debts. These are from the same company and are identical.
                        Are these two accounts still with Barclaycard or is the author of those letters Robinson Way acting as the DCA for Hoist (a debt purchaser)?

I've only taken a brief peek back at your thread but I can see the credit agreements you were sent in response to your CCA Requests were deemed unenforceable because they were recons possibly with bits missing.

No need to lose any sleep right now

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          Are these two accounts still with Barclaycard or is the author of those letters Robinson Way acting as the DCA for Hoist (a debt purchaser)?

I've only taken a brief peek back at your thread but I can see the credit agreements you were sent in response to your CCA Requests were deemed unenforceable because they were recons possibly with bits missing.

No need to lose any sleep right now

Di
                          Thanks for the response. Yes, you're right about the agreements and these letters are from Robinson Way.

Comment

these letters are from Robinson Way.
                            Just a wild guess

Post up when you get any more letters because one ex-Barclaycard debt is over £12k so if they pass it to Howard Cohen solicitors you may/may not need to reply to any Letter Before Action since you've had no contact with this lot before.

Cross each bridge when you get to it.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Just a wild guess

Post up when you get any more letters because one ex-Barclaycard debt is over £12k so if they pass it to Howard Cohen solicitors you may/may not need to reply to any Letter Before Action since you've had no contact with this lot before.

Cross each bridge when you get to it.

Di
                              Help needed please. The letter from Howard Cohen Solicitors arrived today 22nd but dated 15th. It says that if I can't pay I must call Robinson Way to discuss an affordable payment arrangement. Otherwise, they've been instructed to issue County Court proceedings.

Feeling very worried as the 10 days will be up on Saturday if I go by the date of the letter. Advice needed urgently please and thanks in advance.

Comment

When I got the same, I sent and LBA to Howard Cohen and a SWID to Robinson Way (both signed for). The last letter I had was on the 30th December 2016 telling me they are looking into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X