GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script StressHead's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StressHead's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EGG Loan

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    seriously? Brilliant - then you'll get it refunded as they CANNOT do this! Well done, so this debt will be reduced by £8k anyway, speak to Di and start a new thread on the reclaim section for this
    Yes, seriously! I was so annoyed by it but they had me between a rock and a hard place because I needed it to consolidate other debts. Off to post another thread. Thanks.
    Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
    May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
    Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

Originally posted by StressHead View Post
      Cool. Will do tonight ready for tomorrow.
      I'm sure that this is a stupid question but I presume moving forward that any correspondance sent to DCA/OC must be sent recorded? Is it ok to send it 2nd class recorded?
      Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
      May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
      Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

I'm sure that this is a stupid question but I presume moving forward that any correspondance sent to DCA/OC must be sent recorded? Is it ok to send it 2nd class recorded?
        send everything 1st class recorded, its only a few pence difference.... tight arse
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

send everything 1st class recorded, its only a few pence difference.... tight arse
          I wish I was a tight arse... then I wouldn't be in this situation! ha ha Cheers Niddy

Comment

Off to post another thread. Thanks.
            Your reclaim thread is found here: ---> StressHead's Reclaiming PPI from EGG Loan Thread

:niddy :niddy
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: StressHead's UE Diary

Right, I have another debt and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.
              3G (mobile) contacted me saying that I owe them £111 from an account I had with them back in 2003. I didn't think I owed this money so I went back through my bank statements and it showed that I only had 1 payment of £35 bounce. They say that because I didn't write to them to cancel my contract before the contract end date, they continued to bill me. However they eventually suspended my account as the payments were no longer being made and hence I owe them £111.

I'm not too concerned about this however upon going back through my bank statements, it appears that some months 3G were taking 2 payments from my bank account. I have queried them about this and they have said that I apparently had a second account with them?! I find this VERY hard to believe as I didn't use the first account for the last year of the 18 month contract because the reception was so bad so why the hell would I then take out a second account. The total of the monies taken from my bank account for the second account is £270 and I want this money back!

I've asked them for proof that the account was mine as I believe that it may be fraudulent and they've said that it was taken out with a dealer and that I need to contact the dealer directly. They have said that they can send me a duplicate proof of purchase which I can consider as a copy of my contract. They also say that they have notes saying that I contacted them back in 2005 complaining about this and that they referred me to the dealer then. Because they didn't hear from me or the dealer, they continued to bill me and I owe them £127!! ARGH! I have this lot in writing. I did speak to a guy on the phone who told me that I should've contacted them sooner if I was that worried about the money and that it's not their problem and I need to pay them the money I owe. Cheeky bugger... really wanted to say to him 'well, actually I was too busy being beaten up by my policeman boyfriend at the time so I'm very sorry that 3G weren't at the top of my list'!

Anyway, I've contacted the dealer and they've said that 'we no longer deal with the network 3 and as a result of that we are unable to get some critical information regarding the usage and contractual obligations relating to your mobile account, therefore I can only suggest that you take this up directly with 3 and ask them to produce copy bills and contracts to prove either your case or theirs'.

I'm 100% sure that the second account isn't mine as I only took the first one out due to being self employed. I have and have had a contract with T-Mobile since 1999 which I have used as my personal mobile. Why would I need 3 mobiles?!?!? I don't know where to go with this next?

Comment

E-mailed the dealer with the following:

"Am I right in thinking that you no longer have a signed contract for this mobile phone contract?
                Would you have supplied 3G with a copy of the signed contract at the time?
                How would this contract have been taken out? ie. In a shop, over the internet etc."

They've responded with:

"As a general rule of thumb we shred all our contracts that are a)out of contract b)5 years or older.
                So therefore we do not have this copy contract to provide you, however 3G would have verification codes and screens to capture this information.
                The contract that is out in your name was via a call centre operative that again is no longer part of the our dealer group.".

Need to go back to 3G me thinks but what with?! Do they need a signature as proof of contract? If they do not have a signature, will I get my money back which they took from my account without my permission?

Comment

Right, I have another debt and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.
                  3G (mobile) contacted me saying that I owe them £111 from an account I had with them back in 2003. I didn't think I owed this money so I went back through my bank statements and it showed that I only had 1 payment of £35 bounce. They say that because I didn't write to them to cancel my contract before the contract end date, they continued to bill me. However they eventually suspended my account as the payments were no longer being made and hence I owe them £111.

I'm not too concerned about this however upon going back through my bank statements, it appears that some months 3G were taking 2 payments from my bank account. I have queried them about this and they have said that I apparently had a second account with them?! I find this VERY hard to believe as I didn't use the first account for the last year of the 18 month contract because the reception was so bad so why the hell would I then take out a second account. The total of the monies taken from my bank account for the second account is £270 and I want this money back!

I've asked them for proof that the account was mine as I believe that it may be fraudulent and they've said that it was taken out with a dealer and that I need to contact the dealer directly. They have said that they can send me a duplicate proof of purchase which I can consider as a copy of my contract. They also say that they have notes saying that I contacted them back in 2005 complaining about this and that they referred me to the dealer then. Because they didn't hear from me or the dealer, they continued to bill me and I owe them £127!! ARGH! I have this lot in writing. I did speak to a guy on the phone who told me that I should've contacted them sooner if I was that worried about the money and that it's not their problem and I need to pay them the money I owe. Cheeky bugger... really wanted to say to him 'well, actually I was too busy being beaten up by my policeman boyfriend at the time so I'm very sorry that 3G weren't at the top of my list'!

Anyway, I've contacted the dealer and they've said that 'we no longer deal with the network 3 and as a result of that we are unable to get some critical information regarding the usage and contractual obligations relating to your mobile account, therefore I can only suggest that you take this up directly with 3 and ask them to produce copy bills and contracts to prove either your case or theirs'.

I'm 100% sure that the second account isn't mine as I only took the first one out due to being self employed. I have and have had a contract with T-Mobile since 1999 which I have used as my personal mobile. Why would I need 3 mobiles?!?!? I don't know where to go with this next?
                  I presume that these will be statute barred now (or certainly in the near future anyway) so why bother raking up the past fighting a losing battle? You may be better just walking away and ignoring them, you do after all, have bigger fish to fry right now and this (albeit for a couple of hundered quid) really isn't worth the additional headache - well, that's in my opinion anyway.

You should however be looking to SAR the actual company that was issuing bills, and that would mean 3 - not the dealer. The dealer only made the contract,. the network do everything else so forget the dealer - its the network you need to deal with.

One of these will do it, as this is for a person not account so they should send everything they hold about you. ---> SAR Request - Advanced Version

Comment

Need to go back to 3G me thinks but what with?! Do they need a signature as proof of contract? If they do not have a signature, will I get my money back which they took from my account without my permission?
                    See reply above - yes, SAR the network, however i'd not hold out much hope of a refund as rightly so, why has it taken so long to come back to complain? I know things were difficult back then, going on your post, however you have to look at things from their point of view ie they could get told all sorts so they have to act as a general rule of taking things at face value, and assuming that you had a bad patch they will ask why it's taken years and not months, to complain.

Point is, i'd forget this - its really not worth it for the few pounds you "may" get back - what if they demand funds from you? It "could" backfire....

Comment

See reply above - yes, SAR the network, however i'd not hold out much hope of a refund as rightly so, why has it taken so long to come back to complain? I know things were difficult back then, going on your post, however you have to look at things from their point of view ie they could get told all sorts so they have to act as a general rule of taking things at face value, and assuming that you had a bad patch they will ask why it's taken years and not months, to complain.

Point is, i'd forget this - its really not worth it for the few pounds you "may" get back - what if they demand funds from you? It "could" backfire....
                      Hi Niddy,
                      They have requested funds for this second unknown account. They've requested £127 on top of the £271 which they took from my bank account without my authority. Bearing in mind they want more money from me for an account which I have no knowledge of, I think I should try and get my money back from them. I know I have bigger fish to fry but it's the principle that I honestly do not know anything about this account. I'm quite concerned that the idiot I was dating at the time may have taken it out or his brother (who was dodgy as hell). Regardless of how long it's taken me to contact them about it (bearing in mind that it's only come to light again because they're chasing me for money on another account), surely they still have an obligation to look into it as I'm insisting that it's nothing to do with me? If they cannot produce a contract, does that mean that I would be entitled to a refund. I'm guessing that it's their duty to prove that I owned the account rather than for me to prove I didn't... how would I prove that anyway?! Oh, I don't know...

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                        They have requested funds for this second unknown account. They've requested £127 on top of the £271 which they took from my bank account without my authority. Bearing in mind they want more money from me for an account which I have no knowledge of, I think I should try and get my money back from them. I know I have bigger fish to fry but it's the principle that I honestly do not know anything about this account. I'm quite concerned that the idiot I was dating at the time may have taken it out or his brother (who was dodgy as hell). Regardless of how long it's taken me to contact them about it (bearing in mind that it's only come to light again because they're chasing me for money on another account), surely they still have an obligation to look into it as I'm insisting that it's nothing to do with me? If they cannot produce a contract, does that mean that I would be entitled to a refund. I'm guessing that it's their duty to prove that I owned the account rather than for me to prove I didn't... how would I prove that anyway?! Oh, I don't know...
                        Just send off a SAR and request it for all details on YOU not the account numbers.... then see what comes.!

Comment

• Re: SANTANDER (GE MONEY) Loan

SANTANDER
                          Date commenced: Feb 2007
                          Approx balance: £5,225
                          Date last paid in full: Feb 2011
                          Other info: Full payment made in Feb 2011
                          Status: No default but several late payments throughout contract. Charged £25 for every late payment.
                          Account Owner: Santander

NOV 2010: Letter from DMP Company to GE Money requesting CCA.
                          NOV 2010: Letter from GE Money to DMP Co saying that they need to contact Santander.
                          19 NOV 2011: Letter from Santander to DMP Co saying that it is not possible to include this debt in with my DMP. When I spoke with Santander they informed me that the loan is a personal loan but that they were aware that it had been taken out to buy a car. If I was still in possession of the car (which I am), then I would be forced to sell it and give them the money. The remainder of the debt (as the car is worth less than what I still owe) could then go into the DMP. I can’t lose my car as I use it for work (travelling sales person) and the person I spoke to said that if I defaulted, I would probably lose my job as sales people can be credit checked by their employer?! Not very happy with this comment and it was said in such a caring helpful way! Anyway, I paid the outstanding monies over 3 months as well as the monthly payment and I am now up to date with the payments. A CCA hasn’t been received by either the DMP Co or me. I haven’t sent any further correspondence and I’m still making monthly payments.
                          4 MAR 2001: First letter requesting CCA sent to Santander. Will decide what to do with this debt upon receiving CCA.
                          9 MAR 2011: Letter from Santander stating that they responded to the original request for a CCA from DMP Company on 04/03/11. I have already written to DMP this week requesting full file so will wait and see what I receive back from them.
                          Niddy - Please refer to latest update on this account. Do I wait for response from DMP with my file? Or does it not matter that DMP have requested the CCA and because I have also requested it, then Santander should provide me with a copy too? Thanks.

Comment

No you can only have one CCA per annum and therefore i'm confused why the dmp are requesting one? You need to cut all ties with them and do things yourself.

Obviously let them deal with the dmp if thats what they told you.

Comment

I cut all ties with the DMP back in February but they were also handling the Claims (which I have also asked them to stop) which is why they will have requested CCA's on my behalf. When I asked the DMP for all my records and sent them £10, they sent some of them to me but have obviously received some since my request. I sent them a letter this week stating that they haven't adhered to my SAR request and I expect all information that they have in my file. Still waiting for them to get back to me.

Comment

I cut all ties with the DMP back in February but they were also handling the Claims (which I have also asked them to stop) which is why they will have requested CCA's on my behalf. When I asked the DMP for all my records and sent them £10, they sent some of them to me but have obviously received some since my request. I sent them a letter this week stating that they haven't adhered to my SAR request and I expect all information that they have in my file. Still waiting for them to get back to me.
                                Ok thanks for update - best of luck, when you get the CCA's then update the thread....

Comment

Working...
                                X