GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script StressHead's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StressHead's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CAPITAL ONE Credit Card

Originally posted by StressHead View Post
    Thank you!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

CAPITAL ONE
      Date commenced: March 2003
      Approx balance: £3,550
      Date last paid in full: ?
      Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.
      Account Owner: Letters to me were from Scotcall. Account is still with CAPITAL ONE.

06 JULY 2010: CCA received from Capital One to DMP Company. Letter from Capital One states ‘As we have complied with out obligation under S78, we will not be entering into further correspondence regarding the provision of copy agreements. Ms.X’s agreement is enforceable and we will continue to treat it as such’.
      9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Scotcall.
      10 FEB 2011: Letter from Scotcall saying that I need to request CCA from their client, Credit Solutions.
      15 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Credit Solutions.
      23 FEB 2011: Letter from Credit Solutions saying that I need to request CCA from Capital One.
      23 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Capital One. 14 days will be up on 15/03/11.
      23 MAR 2011: Letter from Capital One with an attached cheque for £1 saying if I have any questions then to call them. Really confused as to why they've sent this to me? Niddy's advised to ignore for now as they're in breach of CCA request.
      04 APRIL 2011: Letter from Cap One saying that I must contact them to arrange payment plan as I am no longer dealing with my DMP Company. Ignoring this.
      04 APRIL 2011: Letter from Cap One saying that CCA was sent to DMP. Have scanned Cap One CCA from DMP and sent to Niddy.
      26 APRIL 2011: Letter from CapQuest saying that my account has been referred to them to manage all matters relating to collection which may include personal visits from DCA or possible litigation. Contact must be made by 5th May otherwise account will be passed to HL Legal Solicitors.
      05 MAY 2011: Threat of Legal Action & Refusal of Doorstep Visit letter sent to CapQuest.
      05 MAY 2011: Niddy says as the CCA is a recon. CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent to Capital One.
      09 MAY 2011: Letter from CapQuest saying 'prior to start of legal proceedings various checks and validations are undertaken. It has been established that there are no outstanding CCJ's registered against you at the above address.... blah blah... we can offer many repayment methods which may include possible settlements...blah blah... No contact by 20 May 11 will result in your account moving forward to litigation'. Niddy says to ignore.
      11 MAY 2011: Letter from Capital One. Copy send to Niddy as it's a longwinded one.
      Hi Niddy,
      Have uploaded a copy of this letter in the private CCA upload section. Can you please take a look for me and let me know how to progress with this?
      Thanks,
      StressHead
      Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
      May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
      Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

Hi Niddy,
        Have uploaded a copy of this letter in the private CCA upload section. Can you please take a look for me and let me know how to progress with this?
        Thanks,
        StressHead
        its their final response, bog standard reply - ignore this
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: EGG Credit Card

EGG
          Date commenced: Nov 2002
          Approx balance: £5,422
          Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.
          Status: Defaulted June 2008. Default Notice received from EGG Sept 2008.
          Account Owner: Letters to me were from red Debt Collection. Account is with Lowell.

30 SEPT 2010: CCA received from EGG to DMP Company.
          9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to red Debt Collection.
          21 FEB 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they have requested the CCA from EGG.
          1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response. Have checked recorded delivery code and letter was delivered on 10/02/11.
          1 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they haven't received CCA from EGG as yet. Still trying to retrieve it from archives. Account on hold.
          29 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that after liasing with Egg, they have confirmed that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment unless the copy agreement is received at some point in the future from Egg.
          06 APRIL 2011: Niddy says ! Yippee!
          06 MAY 2011: Letter from Lowell enclosing copy of original CCA. 'We look forward to your proposals for repayment within the next ten days'. Letter posted on 12.05.11.
          09 MAY 2011: Letter from Lowell 'After reviewing the account, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of good will and strictly without any admission of liability, we are prepared to close the account and write-off any outstanding balance. We trust that you will find this satisfactory and that this matter is now closed'.
          Uh? How can they send me a letter providing me with a copy of the original CCA (after not being able to find it?) and then 3 days later send me a letter saying that the debt has effectively been written off? Confused.com
          Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
          May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
          Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

• Re: MARBLES Credit Card

MARBLES
            Date commenced: Apr 2003
            Approx balance: £10,257
            Account Owner: Lowell

29 SEPT 2010: Letter to DMP Company from Lowell stating that they have requested the CCA from the original lender SAV Credit.
            19 NOV 2010: Letter to DMP from Lowell saying that ‘after liaising with SAV Credit, the document is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with your client concerning payment against this account unless the copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from SAV Credit’.
            9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Lowell.
            21 FEB 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they have requested the CCA from SAV Credit.
            1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response. Have checked recorded delivery code and letter was delivered on 10/02/11. The original agreement number on the letters from Lowell is not the same as my original agreement number with Marbles. The number was correct on correspondence until the debt was passed from SAV Credit to Lowell back in May 2009.
            1 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they haven't received CCA from SAV Credit as yet. Still trying to retrieve it from archives. Account on hold.
            29 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that after liasing with SAV Credit, they have confirmed that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment unless the copy agreement is received at some point in the future from SAV Credit.
            06 APRIL 2011: Niddy says ! Yippee!
            09 MAY 2011: Letter from Lowell 'After reviewing the account, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of good will and strictly without any admission of liability, we are prepared to close the account and write-off any outstanding balance. We trust that you will find this satisfactory and that this matter is now closed'.
            Yippee! However does this mean that SAV Credit and/or Marbles could still chase me for this debt? Thanks.

Comment

• Re: StressHead's UE Diary

Well done you

You've now got TWO confirmed

Thing is they've told you they're writing the debt off so it's done, dusted - FINISHED.

You, Little miss stressy have just beaten TWO banks by the dca confirming this. Keep those letters safe, very safe!

Well done. Nice one. Result

* proof the system DOES indeed work.

Comment

That, everyone is a £15k debt write off. Awesome news

Comment

well done Stressy, result! bigtime!

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                    well done Stressy, result! bigtime!
                    As my stroppy mate would say "bampots"!!

Comment

Great result.

Well done.

Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

well done
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks everyone! x

Comment

Thanks everyone! x
                            Happier now....?

Comment

Yes! I'll be even happier when I get those types of letters from a few more creditors! It is an amazing result though in only 3 months!! x

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                That, everyone is a £15k debt write off. Awesome news
                                Hi everyone,
                                That my friends is what I would call a bloody great SUCCESS. Well Done.

Comment

Working...
                                X