GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script StressHead's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StressHead's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: StressHead's UE Diary

Originally posted by StressHead View Post
    Usual payments are £330.08/month, I missed Nov & Dec payments. I then paid £300 upfront and have paid £458.28 for 3 (Jan, Feb, Mar) months (£330.08 x 3 + £128.20 x 3) and still owe another £49.98 as well apparently
    None of it adds up

If you were up to date and then missed 2 payments (ie Nov & Dec) that would put you £660.16 in debit. You then pay £758.28 meaning if we add 3 more payments onto the already debit of £660.16 {£990.24} you'd be £1650.40 in arrears. Take away what you have paid leaves £892.12

Well that's how I work it out! Listen, I doubt they have got their sums wrong, if you're happy to continue paying then do so..... However, can you confirm how long is left to pay this - £330 a month is a bloody lot, unless it's a 2 year agreement or the like! You need to decide what you want to do with this. Obviously request the agreement, that's a must - but for now you need to decide what you're going to do here....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      None of it adds up

If you were up to date and then missed 2 payments (ie Nov & Dec) that would put you £660.16 in debit. You then pay £758.28 meaning if we add 3 more payments onto the already debit of £660.16 {£990.24} you'd be £1650.40 in arrears. Take away what you have paid leaves £892.12

Well that's how I work it out! Listen, I doubt they have got their sums wrong, if you're happy to continue paying then do so..... However, can you confirm how long is left to pay this - £330 a month is a bloody lot, unless it's a 2 year agreement or the like! You need to decide what you want to do with this. Obviously request the agreement, that's a must - but for now you need to decide what you're going to do here....

You're right, I would have been £1650.40 in debit over the 5 months. I have paid £300, £330.08 x 3 & £128.20 x 3 = £1674.84 so I should be £24.44 in credit as they said they'd wipe the late charges. Anyway, I've sent letter for CCA this morning. I've been paying it since Feb 2007 and it ends in Feb 2012. It was a £15k loan, there's about £4700 left to pay on it. £330 a month is a lot! I should never have got this car either as it was only 6 months old and has cost me over £3K in repairs in the past year! Hindsight's a wonderful thing!!
      Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
      May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
      Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

You're right, I would have been £1650.40 in debit over the 5 months. I have paid £300, £330.08 x 3 & £128.20 x 3 = £1674.84 so I should be £24.44 in credit as they said they'd wipe the late charges. Anyway, I've sent letter for CCA this morning. I've been paying it since Feb 2007 and it ends in Feb 2012. It was a £15k loan, there's about £4700 left to pay on it. £330 a month is a lot! I should never have got this car either as it was only 6 months old and has cost me over £3K in repairs in the past year! Hindsight's a wonderful thing!!
        Hiya

Bloody hell - that is bad!

Ok, send off for the CCA - seems there are late payments still on it. Don't argue the point just yet, get the CCA and for the moment cease repayments. Don't worry, save the money and if the CCA comes after the next instalment is due then hold on to it. If you genuinely can't afford it then obviously stop paying.

I can't believe you took this out, a normal bank loan is great - but not for a new car, always save and get a new car or buy used
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Hiya

Bloody hell - that is bad!

Ok, send off for the CCA - seems there are late payments still on it. Don't argue the point just yet, get the CCA and for the moment cease repayments. Don't worry, save the money and if the CCA comes after the next instalment is due then hold on to it. If you genuinely can't afford it then obviously stop paying.

I can't believe you took this out, a normal bank loan is great - but not for a new car, always save and get a new car or buy used
          The problem was that I was starting a new job within 3 weeks and needed to have a car and I had no savings. I didn't think I'd be able to borrow any money from the bank because of how much I'd already borrowed. A 'friend' of mine said he'd help out as long as I bought the car through his dealership and hey presto... another person makes money off the back of me. FYI - I don't have MUG stamped on my forehead although I probably should!
          Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
          May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
          Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

The problem was that I was starting a new job within 3 weeks and needed to have a car and I had no savings. I didn't think I'd be able to borrow any money from the bank because of how much I'd already borrowed. A 'friend' of mine said he'd help out as long as I bought the car through his dealership and hey presto... another person makes money off the back of me. FYI - I don't have MUG stamped on my forehead although I probably should!
            I know you don't have mug on your forehead but as they say, hindsight is a wonderful thing. After venturing through the UE process, you'll find a lot of guys here would never be treated like they were originally by anyone, this does change you and make you see these scum (lenders/dca's etc) for what they really are.

Remember the good ole days when you used to trust your bank manager - before computers made the overall yey or nay decision? That "trust" has gone, the moment they replaced humans with PC's things changed, for the worse.

Comment

Niddy - I've spoken with my partner briefly and explained that going down UE route means that we will more than likely have debt collectors on the doorstep at some point (I've been reading more diaries). He's cool with this. However, when I said about stopping the car payments (personal loan which I took out for the car), he said that I shouldn't be trying to 'get out of paying' a debt for which I still have and use the item. ie. I still have the car, use it every day, I signed the agreement and therefore should pay it. However he's ok with going UE on the rest of the debt as most of it is from lending money to 'friends'/ex's who then screwed me over. I'm so confused. UE is the right option for me for all other debts however I do kind of agree with him on the car front. I've never tried to get out of paying what I rightfully owe. God, robbing Peter to pay Paul is part of the reason I'm in this mess. Will wait for CCA and decide what to do once you've looked at it.... guess I don't need to make a decision about this now. Just feel like shit person for getting myself into this situation in the first place.

Comment

No Stresshead

We don't have shit people on here, we simply don't allow anyone to think of themselves like that, you made a couple of bad financial decisions............you're in great company, so did we all, so did the banks, so did any amount of people still strolling around propped up by credit cards they probably will never be able to pay. So quit the stressing, get the CCAs away and lets see how it looks. its debt, which is NOT a hanging offence. UE is not easy, bampots do turn up at the door, just tell em to piss off, end of. Niddy will keep you right with the letters and the rest of us are here to help keep that chin up, so no feeling like shit, its just not allowed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                  No Stresshead

We don't have shit people on here, we simply don't allow anyone to think of themselves like that, you made a couple of bad financial decisions............you're in great company, so did we all, so did the banks, so did any amount of people still strolling around propped up by credit cards they probably will never be able to pay. So quit the stressing, get the CCAs away and lets see how it looks. its debt, which is NOT a hanging offence. UE is not easy, bampots do turn up at the door, just tell em to piss off, end of. Niddy will keep you right with the letters and the rest of us are here to help keep that chin up, so no feeling like shit, its just not allowed!!!!
                  I've just been reading your diary and Fiscal Fool's too. Sounds like you've had a lot of stuff going on in your life... referring mostly to the crap at work. I went through a grievance procedure with an employer about 5 years ago for sexual harrassment and bullying. Very stressy time, but eventually they listened when they realised the amount of evidence I had. Anyway... I hope things are getting better for you now.

Having read up to page 9 of FF's diary, I will post on here tomorrow because I am moving house in 2 weeks. Being little Miss. Organised, I have already changed a lot of my addresses already but I'll do a full list tomorrow to see what damage I've done. Ah well.

Off to bed now, starting to go cross eyed looking at this screen. Thank you for all your support peeps x

Comment

Niddy - I've spoken with my partner briefly and explained that going down UE route means that we will more than likely have debt collectors on the doorstep at some point (I've been reading more diaries). He's cool with this. However, when I said about stopping the car payments (personal loan which I took out for the car), he said that I shouldn't be trying to 'get out of paying' a debt for which I still have and use the item. ie. I still have the car, use it every day, I signed the agreement and therefore should pay it. However he's ok with going UE on the rest of the debt as most of it is from lending money to 'friends'/ex's who then screwed me over. I'm so confused. UE is the right option for me for all other debts however I do kind of agree with him on the car front. I've never tried to get out of paying what I rightfully owe. God, robbing Peter to pay Paul is part of the reason I'm in this mess. Will wait for CCA and decide what to do once you've looked at it.... guess I don't need to make a decision about this now. Just feel like shit person for getting myself into this situation in the first place.
                    Morning!

To reiterate what Mrs Dopey said, stop stressing and relax, lets see what happens yea? As for the car, well that is up to you - however it is not a case of "you use it so repay it" - it's more a case of "if they'd sent proper paperwork and not treated you like shit, then you'd have to pay it"....

It's their own fault, not yours. Maybe they are being so defensive with false claims of capturing your vehicle, because they know of a possible error within the agreement? In any case, if there is one - i'll find it and advise you. Don't make any decisions on this

Regards to your post today, have you actually told the creditors your new address?

Comment

Quick overview is that I am moving in 2 weeks and changed some of my addresses weeks ago. Most of the bills at the new house will be in my OH name. The house I am in at the moment is rented and I have already given the estate agents my forwarding address. The house I am moving to is also rented and I am on the tenancy agreement. I have already set up Royal Mail redirection for 6 months. I have a feeling that I’ve already done the damage with some of the addresses I have already changed.

Bills I am CANCELLING (Don’t need them again as my OH has done them in his name at new house);
                      Utility Warehouse (electricity, gas, landline & internet) (New address already given for final bill)
                      TV License (Need a rebate from them and they’ve asked for new address to check that it has a TV License already. It has so I will get a refund but they will need my new address)
                      Water Supplier (Got a feeling that my OH has put me on this bill at the new house already)

Contents Insurance
                      Council Tax (New address already given for rebate)

Bills I HAVE ALREADY changed:
                      Mobile Phone contract
                      Pet Insurance

iDENTICHIP Pet Finder
                      Personal Loan (but for car – Santander – OOPS!!)
                      Halifax Bank Account
                      Natwest Bank Account
                      Tesco Clubcard
                      Magazine Subscriptions (FYI – These were an Xmas pressie, I didn’t pay for them)
                      Pension with AVIVA
                      Union Subscription
                      Audible Subscription

I HAVEN’T changed yet but will:
                      Driving License
                      Car V5
                      Car Insurance (Am cancelling current policy as my partner & I are getting a joint policy at the new address. He’s already on the policy and they’re aware that I’m moving in 2 weeks and already have all my details although I haven’t actually changed yet)
                      Employer

PayPal
                      Ebay
                      iTunes etc

I HAVEN’T changed yet but can I? :

Pre paid (top up) type credit cards
                      Debenhams Beauty Card (like a points card)
                      Next Mail Order Account
                      Love Film
                      Green Flag
                      Tax Office
                      AVON (I work part time for them and they do appear on credit expert)
                      Vanquis Credit Card (recently taken out at new address. Was going to use it for work expenses and pay off in full at the end of every month).

Comment

[/QUOTE] My responses are in red within your quote below (this is too much like hard work )

Bills I am CANCELLING (Don’t need them again as my OH has done them in his name at new house);
                        Utility Warehouse (electricity, gas, landline & internet) (New address already given for final bill)

TV License (Need a rebate from them and they’ve asked for new address to check that it has a TV License already. It has so I will get a refund but they will need my new address)
                        Water Supplier (Got a feeling that my OH has put me on this bill at the new house already)

Contents Insurance

Ok - no problem with any of the above.

Mobile Phone contract -
                        Creates a Link between the addresses - bad move
                        Pet Insurance
                        - Fine
                        iDENTICHIP Pet Finder
                        - Fine
                        - Creates a Link between the addresses - bad move
                        Halifax
                        Bank Account - Creates a Link between the addresses - bad move
                        Natwest Bank Account
                        Tesco Clubcard
                        - Fine
                        Magazine Subscriptions (FYI – These were an Xmas pressie, I didn’t pay for them)
                        - Fine
                        Pension with AVIVA - Fine

Union Subscription - Fine

Audible Subscription - Fine

Driving License
                        Car V5
                        Car Insurance (Am cancelling current policy as my partner & I are getting a joint policy at the new address. He’s already on the policy and they’re aware that I’m moving in 2 weeks and already have all my details although I haven’t actually changed yet)
                        Employer

PayPal

Ebay
                        iTunes etc

Its fine to change all the above

- Fine
                        - Fine
                        Next Mail Order Account
                        Love Film
                        - Fine
                        Green Flag
                        - Fine
                        Tax Office
                        - Fine
                        AVON
                        (I work part time for them and they do appear on credit expert) - Ermm, will obviously link the addresses
                        Vanquis Credit Card (recently taken out at new address. Was going to use it for work expenses and pay off in full at the end of every month). - Say what? You have applied for, and got a new card at an address you are not living at yet? Please tell me this is a joke?

My responses are in red within your quote above (this is too much like hard work )

Comment

My replies are in PURPLE.

Contents Insurance

Ok - no problem with any of the above.

Mobile Phone contract -
                          Creates a Link between the addresses - bad move Too late, I've already changed it, unless I change it back and tell them that I'm not moving now?
                          Pet Insurance
                          - Fine
                          iDENTICHIP Pet Finder
                          - Fine
                          - Creates a Link between the addresses - bad move Same as above
                          Halifax
                          Bank Account - Creates a Link between the addresses - bad move Same as above
                          Natwest Bank Account
                          - Creates a Link between the addresses - bad move Same as above
                          Tesco Clubcard
                          - Fine
                          - Fine
                          Pension with AVIVA - Fine

Union Subscription - Fine

Audible Subscription - Fine

Driving License
                          Car V5
                          Employer

PayPal

Ebay
                          iTunes etc

Its fine to change all the above

- Fine
                          - Fine
                          Next Mail Order Account
                          - Creates a Link between the addresses - bad move Could I cancel this and open a new one at the new address. This would involve another credit check though so I'm guessing it's a no? Could do without this though.
                          Love Film
                          - Fine
                          Green Flag
                          - Fine
                          Tax Office
                          - Fine
                          AVON
                          (I work part time for them and they do appear on credit expert) - Ermm, will obviously link the addresses Same as above although I'd still like to do this.
                          Vanquis Credit Card (recently taken out at new address. Was going to use it for work expenses and pay off in full at the end of every month). - Say what? You have applied for, and got a new card at an address you are not living at yet? Please tell me this is a joke? Misunderstanding here. I applied for it while at current (old) address. I haven't changed it to new address yet. Obviously this would create a link.

Also, even if I managed to change all of the addresses back to old address so that they weren't using the new one anymore, the landlord/ estate agent already have new address and I'm sure would pass it on if someone came knocking. Think it's too late to worry about this. I'm sure lots of people are going through UE who live at the same address still so I'm not worried. Bring it on! lol

Comment

Re: EGG Loan

EGG2 (Loan)
                            Date commenced: Sept 2006
                            Approx balance: £22,902
                            Date last paid in full: ?
                            Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.
                            Status: Defaulted Oct 2008. No Default Notice received.
                            Account Owner: Aktiv Kapital.

02 NOV 2010: Letter from Aktiv to me offering settlement figure of £5813.33.
                            22 NOV 2010: CCA received from EGG to DMP Company.
                            9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Aktiv Kapital.
                            11 FEB 2011: CCA received from Aktiv Kapital. What next?
                            6 MAR 2011: Copy of CCA sent to Niddy.
                            NIDDY - Sent CCA for Egg Loan to you. Had to send it via OH's dropsend account as was too big for me to e-mail. Also when scanned, each page saved individually. Sorry if this is a pain but it's the only way I could get it over to you. I have also sent via dropsend, my agreements for DMP and Claims with Grass Roots. Have update original message for a couple that I've had letters from, nothing major though. Had response back from Barclays OD re. token payments but I'm going to ignore for now as I think you suggested previously. Is this right? Please let me know if I've sent everything to your correctly as it's the first time I've sent anything over. Can you please confirm that I've updated diary properly too. Many thanks!

Comment

Morning everyone. Still feeling very anxious about the whole debt situation I'm in as I seem to think about it 24/7. In some ways moving house in less than 2 weeks seems like a god send as it takes my mind of the debt for a little while but then I get into a spin when I think that I also have to move house, redecorate the old one (so that I get all my deposit back) and try and move my dog in with OH's cats... yikes! This weekend I have bought some cheap Level Arch Files (one for each debt) and I've also bought myself a cheap 'Received' with date stamp so that I can stamp everything I get through the post... have noticed that letters seem to arrive about a week after the date at the top of them... hmm?? Anyway... today I am going to concentrate on getting some appointments for work as I have a big sales target this month and so far have done, uh, nothing as I can't seem to concentrate on anything at the moment. Once again, thank you all for your support. Hope you have a good Monday!

Comment

Hi just thought I would pop in and offer some support. I know how scary all this is and you think that it will never get any better, but it does. We had double the amount of debt and when we finally stopped and added it up I could not see any way out.

Then I found Niddy on the horrible green site! and have followed (probably stalked) him ever since. At the start the letters come flying through the door and the threats used to send me into a complete spin and I would be shaking. Now when a letter comes in, there are only a few now and again, I read it and then post on here and wait for Niddy.

Life is so much better and the postie does not have to drag his bag up to the door anymore I know it is easy to say stop stressing but in time you will. We are over a year into this and life is so much better. I never thought I would say this but it is only money and there are so many more important things.

Take care and hope the move goes well.

Comment

Working...
                                X