GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script StressHead's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StressHead's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EGG Credit Card

Originally posted by StressHead View Post
    EGG
    Date commenced: Nov 2002
    Approx balance: £5,422
    Date last paid in full: ?
    Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.
    Status: Defaulted June 2008. Default Notice received from EGG Sept 2008.
    Account Owner: Letters to me were from red Debt Collection. Account is with Lowell.

30 SEPT 2010: CCA received from EGG to DMP Company.
    9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to red Debt Collection.
    21 FEB 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they have requested the CCA from EGG.
    1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response. Have checked recorded delivery code and letter was delivered on 10/02/11.
    1 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they haven't received CCA from EGG as yet. Still trying to retrieve it from archives. Account on hold.
    29 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that after liasing with Egg, they have confirmed that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment unless the copy agreement is received at some point in the future from Egg.
    06 APRIL 2011: Niddy says ! Yippee!
    06 MAY 2011: Letter from Lowell enclosing copy of original CCA. 'We look forward to your proposals for repayment within the next ten days'. Letter posted on 12.05.11.
    09 MAY 2011: Letter from Lowell 'After reviewing the account, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of good will and strictly without any admission of liability, we are prepared to close the account and write-off any outstanding balance. We trust that you will find this satisfactory and that this matter is now closed'.
    16 MAY 2011: £5,422 officially written off! This account has been closed. What a result! Thanks to everyone, especially Niddy, for their support and advice.
    23 MAY 2011: Text from Lowell asking me to call them urgently!
    24 MAY 2011: Phone call (at 8am) from Lowell stating that I need to arrange a repayment plan. Informed them of my last letter. Lowell said that there would have been something in there regarding 'if they found the CCA'. So I happily read her the letter and she 'spoke to her supervisor' and then informed me that they'll pass it back to admin as the account has been closed.
    Rah ha ha!
    Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
    May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
    Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

• Re: EGG Credit Card

23 MAY 2011: Text from Lowell asking me to call them urgently!
      24 MAY 2011: Phone call (at 8am) from Lowell stating that I need to arrange a repayment plan. Informed them of my last letter. Lowell said that there would have been something in there regarding 'if they found the CCA'. So I happily read her the letter and she 'spoke to her supervisor' and then informed me that they'll pass it back to admin as the account has been closed.
      Idiots aren't they! Well done for standing firm though....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: StressHead's UE Diary

Bring it on! Think I may have PMT today as I'm feeling like a real b*tch! Ha Ha
        Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
        May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
        Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

Bring it on! Think I may have PMT today as I'm feeling like a real b*tch! Ha Ha
          you can swear you know!

We don't use the asterisk much on here!!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: MINT Credit Card

MINT/RBS
            Date commenced: July 2005
            Approx balance: £1,609
            Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.
            Account Owner: Letters to me were from Wescot. Account is still with MINT.

12 MAY 2010: Letter from DMP Company to Royal Bank of Scotland (MINT) requesting CCA.
            3 JUNE 2010: CCA received from MINT to DMP Company.
            9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Wescot.
            14 FEB 2011: Letter from Wescot saying that I need to request CCA from RBS.
            17 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to RBS.
            9 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response.
            8 MARCH 2011: Dated 08.03.11 but received 12.03.11. CCA received from MINT.
            1 APRIL 2011: Copy of CCA sent to Niddy.
            4 APRIL 2011: Niddy has confirmed that this is . I'm going to try and blag it for a while though.
            4 APRIL 2011: CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent to RBS.
            07 APRIL 2011: Scribbled note from RBS on a compliments slip saying 'Please provide your clients 16 digit credit card number, we will then deal with accordingly. Many thanks'. I did quote their reference number on my letter but they've returned my letter to me along with the scribbled note with 'unable to trace' written on the top of the letter.
            06 MAY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'We are agents of MINT (formerly RBS Advanta). Their records show account has balance of £1552.93. They have asked us to contact account holder to discuss the account and we were provided this address by a credit reference agency that supply us with address links based on information held. Please contact us to confirm the position and so we can make the appropiate (this is actually how they've spelt it! DUH!!) arrangements'.
            26 MAY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'Possible Litigation'. Total debt if judgment is obtained... blah blah blah.
            Do I need to do anything here? Thanks Niddy and happy bank holiday!

Comment

• Re: MBNA Credit Card

MBNA
              Date commenced: Sept 2006
              Approx balance: £10,570
              Status: Defaulted Aug 2008. Default Notice received from Arrow Global Oct 2008.
              Account Owner: According to DMP, account is with MBNA. Credit Expert says it’s with Arrow Global. Last letter I received was from Fredrickson International in Oct 2008.

15 JUNE 2010: Letter to DMP Company from MBNA stating that ‘accordingly the credit agreement and current terms and conditions were sent to you’. No CCA or T’s&C’s were received by DMP Company.
              8 FEB 2011: Letter to me from Arrow Global asking me to send proof of new address. Letter received on 11/02/11. I moved in Aug 2009.
              9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Fredrickson International.
              1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no response. Have I sent the request to the right company? Have checked the recorded delivery code and it says that it’s still being processed through the Royal Mail system.
              4 APRIL 2011: Letter still hasn't been delivered and PO hasn't been cashed. Letter requesting CCA sent again to Fredrickson International.
              31 MAY 2011: Letter from Arrow Global 'Arrow Global hold the legal rights of this account and until further notice, all correspondence should be directed to us. We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining the CCA. We will now process your request from the creditor and will revert in due course. We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents'. Amount owing as stated on this letter is £10,201.08.
              I take it that I should just wait to see what they come back with?

Comment

well whoever wrote that must have had a dictionary for breakfast, i think it deserves a great big ignore until they come up with a little less gobblygook and some recognisable paperwork!!!

bampots!!!

Comment

Do I need to do anything here? Thanks Niddy and happy bank holiday!
                  Sorry for the delay - due to the delay, i'd just leave it and see what they send next!

Comment

• Re: MBNA Credit Card

I take it that I should just wait to see what they come back with?
                    Ooops sorry, yes - just wait!

Comment

• Re: BARCLAYCARD Credit Card

BARCLAYCARD
                      Date commenced: June 2000
                      Approx balance: £7,433
                      Status: No default issued. Barclaycard doesn’t even show on Credit Expert. Apex Credit Management is showing the account as Satisfactory.
                      Account Owner: Was sold to Apex Credit Management in Jan 2011.

13 MAY 2010: Letter from DMP Company to Barclaycard requesting CCA. No response received.
                      21 JAN 2011: Letter to me from Barclaycard saying that they have sold the debt to Apex Credit Management. It says ‘this letter is formal notice of the assignment of the debt and the closure of your account with Barclaycard’.
                      21 JAN 2011: Letter from Apex saying that they have bought to debt from Barclaycard.
                      9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Apex.
                      14 FEB 2011: Letter from Apex saying that they have requested the CCA from Barclaycard.
                      1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response.
                      25 MARCH 2011: Letter from Apex stating that CCA and T's&C's are enclosed. Still waiting for SOA, will be sent as soon as received.
                      4 APRIL 2011: Niddy says as only terms were sent and no agreement.
                      4 APRIL 2011: CCA Query - T's&C's Supplied letter sent to Apex.
                      1 JUNE 2011: Letter from Apex saying that they haven't received any minimum payments from me and they want me to pay them £29.30/month.
                      Ignore? They haven't responded to the letter I sent them on 4th April? Thanks!

Comment

MINT/RBS
                        Date commenced: July 2005
                        Approx balance: £1,609
                        Account Owner: Letters to me were from Wescot. Account is still with MINT.

12 MAY 2010: Letter from DMP Company to Royal Bank of Scotland (MINT) requesting CCA.
                        3 JUNE 2010: CCA received from MINT to DMP Company.
                        9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Wescot.
                        14 FEB 2011: Letter from Wescot saying that I need to request CCA from RBS.
                        17 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to RBS.
                        9 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response.
                        8 MARCH 2011: Dated 08.03.11 but received 12.03.11. CCA received from MINT.
                        1 APRIL 2011: Copy of CCA sent to Niddy.
                        4 APRIL 2011: Niddy has confirmed that this is . I'm going to try and blag it for a while though.
                        4 APRIL 2011: CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent to RBS.
                        07 APRIL 2011: Scribbled note from RBS on a compliments slip saying 'Please provide your clients 16 digit credit card number, we will then deal with accordingly. Many thanks'. I did quote their reference number on my letter but they've returned my letter to me along with the scribbled note with 'unable to trace' written on the top of the letter.
                        06 MAY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'We are agents of MINT (formerly RBS Advanta). Their records show account has balance of £1552.93. They have asked us to contact account holder to discuss the account and we were provided this address by a credit reference agency that supply us with address links based on information held. Please contact us to confirm the position and so we can make the appropiate (this is actually how they've spelt it! DUH!!) arrangements'.
                        26 MAY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'Possible Litigation'. Total debt if judgment is obtained... blah blah blah.
                        13 JUNE 2011: Letter from Moorcroft with Monthly Instalment Offer of £100. As we have not received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding account, we feel that you may not be in a position to meet our requests to clear the account in full. In order to stop our recommending to our clients that solicitors commence legal proceedings we are prepared to accept payments of £100 a month.
                        What do I do next here? Thanks.

Comment

• Re: BARCLAYCARD Credit Card

Ignore? They haven't responded to the letter I sent them on 4th April? Thanks!
                          Yes, ignore for now

Comment

What do I do next here? Thanks.
                            How much could you realistically afford a month? If £100 is too high then ignore it, if you want to accept it let us know..... Its an enforceable debt isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              How much could you realistically afford a month? If £100 is too high then ignore it, if you want to accept it let us know..... Its an enforceable debt isn't it?
                              Yes, this is an enforceable debt. Should I ask them for a F&F though as I've got £1200 in my account now which I've saved to pay the debt off and this one is about £1600 so they may offer me a F&F of less than what it is at the moment? Seeing as it's been sold to Lowell, do you think it may be better to offer a F&F?

Comment

Yes, this is an enforceable debt. Should I ask them for a F&F though as I've got £1200 in my account now which I've saved to pay the debt off and this one is about £1600 so they may offer me a F&F of less than what it is at the moment? Seeing as it's been sold to Lowell, do you think it may be better to offer a F&F?
                                Ahh do nothing, just sit tight, Lowells will come to you with an offer - you'll have plenty chances to settle yet, don't stress

Comment

Working...
                                X