GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script StressHead's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StressHead's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MINT Credit Card

Originally posted by StressHead View Post
    MINT/RBS
    Date commenced: July 2005
    Approx balance: £1,552.93
    Date last paid in full: ?
    Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.
    Account Owner: Letters to me were from Wescot. Account is still with MINT.

12 MAY 2010: Letter from DMP Company to Royal Bank of Scotland (MINT) requesting CCA.
    3 JUNE 2010: CCA received from MINT to DMP Company.
    9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Wescot.
    14 FEB 2011: Letter from Wescot saying that I need to request CCA from RBS.
    17 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to RBS.
    9 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response.
    8 MARCH 2011: Dated 08.03.11 but received 12.03.11. CCA received from MINT.
    1 APRIL 2011: Copy of CCA sent to Niddy.
    4 APRIL 2011: Niddy has confirmed that this is . I'm going to try and blag it for a while though.
    4 APRIL 2011: CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent to RBS.
    07 APRIL 2011: Scribbled note from RBS on a compliments slip saying 'Please provide your clients 16 digit credit card number, we will then deal with accordingly. Many thanks'. I did quote their reference number on my letter but they've returned my letter to me along with the scribbled note with 'unable to trace' written on the top of the letter.
    06 MAY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'We are agents of MINT (formerly RBS Advanta). Their records show account has balance of £1552.93. They have asked us to contact account holder to discuss the account and we were provided this address by a credit reference agency that supply us with address links based on information held. Please contact us to confirm the position and so we can make the appropiate (this is actually how they've spelt it! DUH!!) arrangements'.
    26 MAY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'Possible Litigation'. Total debt if judgment is obtained... blah blah blah.
    13 JUNE 2011: Letter from Moorcroft with Monthly Instalment Offer of £100. As we have not received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding account, we feel that you may not be in a position to meet our requests to clear the account in full. In order to stop our recommending to our clients that solicitors commence legal proceedings we are prepared to accept payments of £100 a month. Niddy says to ignore for now as they'll be a settlement offer to follow.
    27 JUNE 2011: Letter from Midas Credit Services 'Litigation Warning'. We are part of the Moorcroft Group blah blah blah
    7 JULY 2011: Threat by Creditor To Commence Litigation Letter sent to Midas.
    11 JULY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft '...passed to our Home Collections Division for action.... discounted settlement figure.... A reduction of up to 25%... greater discounts may be available to you and can vary dependant on circumstances... paying the agreed settlement figure over a 3 month period. This offer is available for 7 days'.
    What are your thoughts? They haven't stated what the reduced amount would be? What percentage off so you think I could get them to agree to or will I get a better offer if I ignore them again? Thanks!
    Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
    May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
    Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

What are your thoughts? They haven't stated what the reduced amount would be? What percentage off so you think I could get them to agree to or will I get a better offer if I ignore them again? Thanks!
      They said, they'd knock 25% off!

As this is only £1500 I would look to ring and do this:

Ring them and offer 20% (£300) and say it is all you can get hold of, you're happy to clear it and will pay £300 by the end of July to close the account as settled in full and final settlement of acceptance. They will refuse this, however you need to have an upper limit that you do not exceed and my suggestion is this is £500 so you start at £300 and then work up in £50 multiples when at £500 you simply stop and say sorry, that's it - no more. I physically cannot obtain that so go to court and i'll pay £1 per month for the next 125 years!

Alternatively, you could call and offer more based on longer term monthly payments.... up to you really. I would ring and do it for you, but they won't talk to me as I am a bloke!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        They said, they'd knock 25% off!

As this is only £1500 I would look to ring and do this:

Ring them and offer 20% (£300) and say it is all you can get hold of, you're happy to clear it and will pay £300 by the end of July to close the account as settled in full and final settlement of acceptance. They will refuse this, however you need to have an upper limit that you do not exceed and my suggestion is this is £500 so you start at £300 and then work up in £50 multiples when at £500 you simply stop and say sorry, that's it - no more. I physically cannot obtain that so go to court and i'll pay £1 per month for the next 125 years!

Alternatively, you could call and offer more based on longer term monthly payments.... up to you really. I would ring and do it for you, but they won't talk to me as I am a bloke!
        Bloody buggers! I did what you said but only went to a max of £450 coz the guy was being an arse. He said initially the max off he could give was 25% but then went to 35% but stuck to it. I said that it was £450 or a £1/month for 125 years. He asked me to send them my SOA so that they could decide if they'd accept £1/month but he made a note of my offer of £450. I really tried Do I send my SOA?
        Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
        May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
        Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

• Re: StressHead's UE Diary

personally I wouldn't send the SOA, wouldn't tell the buggers anything. Acting on a wee bit of inside info, they have targets to reach, so it might be worth waiting until 24/25th of the month and phoning again, you'll get a different bod and if they need to reach a target they may be persuaded to take less then???

Comment

Failing that authorise me on the account and I'll ring and get them to agree
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Failing that authorise me on the account and I'll ring and get them to agree
              If you're being serious about this then I'll gladly accept the help!

Comment

MINT/RBS
                Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.

12 MAY 2010: Letter from DMP Company to Royal Bank of Scotland (MINT) requesting CCA.
                4 APRIL 2011: Niddy has confirmed that this is . I'm going to try and blag it for a while though.
                07 APRIL 2011: Scribbled note from RBS on a compliments slip saying 'Please provide your clients 16 digit credit card number, we will then deal with accordingly. Many thanks'. I did quote their reference number on my letter but they've returned my letter to me along with the scribbled note with 'unable to trace' written on the top of the letter.
                06 MAY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'We are agents of MINT (formerly RBS Advanta). Their records show account has balance of £1552.93. They have asked us to contact account holder to discuss the account and we were provided this address by a credit reference agency that supply us with address links based on information held. Please contact us to confirm the position and so we can make the appropiate (this is actually how they've spelt it! DUH!!) arrangements'.
                26 MAY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'Possible Litigation'. Total debt if judgment is obtained... blah blah blah.
                13 JUNE 2011: Letter from Moorcroft with Monthly Instalment Offer of £100. As we have not received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding account, we feel that you may not be in a position to meet our requests to clear the account in full. In order to stop our recommending to our clients that solicitors commence legal proceedings we are prepared to accept payments of £100 a month. Niddy says to ignore for now as they'll be a settlement offer to follow.
                27 JUNE 2011: Letter from Midas Credit Services 'Litigation Warning'. We are part of the Moorcroft Group blah blah blah
                7 JULY 2011: Threat by Creditor To Commence Litigation Letter sent to Moorcroft.
                11 JULY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft '...passed to our Home Collections Division for action.... discounted settlement figure.... A reduction of up to 25%... greater discounts may be available to you and can vary dependant on circumstances... paying the agreed settlement figure over a 3 month period. This offer is available for 7 days'.
                14 JULY 2011: Niddy advised to call and offer a maximum F&F of £500. I only went to £450 as the man was being an arse. He said no, offered 25% discount initially but extended it to 35%. I said that it was £450 or £1/month for 125 years. He asked me to send him my SOA and he has made a note of my offer. I've been advised to ignore this request.
                11 JULY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'Thank you for your recent communication... please request a copy of the CCA along with £1 fee. If you're unhappy with the info provided please contact us by return'. Bit confused here as apart from my conversation with them on 14/07/11, the only other contact I have had is when I sent the Threat by Creditor To Commence Litigation Letter on 07/07/11?
                Do I need to do anything here? Thanks!

Comment

• Re: MBNA Credit Card

MBNA
                  Date commenced: Sept 2006
                  Approx balance: £10,570
                  Status: Defaulted Aug 2008. Default Notice received from Arrow Global Oct 2008.
                  Account Owner: According to DMP, account is with MBNA. Credit Expert says it’s with Arrow Global. Last letter I received was from Fredrickson International in Oct 2008.

15 JUNE 2010: Letter to DMP Company from MBNA stating that ‘accordingly the credit agreement and current terms and conditions were sent to you’. No CCA or T’s&C’s were received by DMP Company.
                  8 FEB 2011: Letter to me from Arrow Global asking me to send proof of new address. Letter received on 11/02/11. I moved in Aug 2009.
                  9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Fredrickson International.
                  1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no response. Have I sent the request to the right company? Have checked the recorded delivery code and it says that it’s still being processed through the Royal Mail system.
                  4 APRIL 2011: Letter still hasn't been delivered and PO hasn't been cashed. Letter requesting CCA sent again to Fredrickson International.
                  31 MAY 2011: Letter from Arrow Global 'Arrow Global hold the legal rights of this account and until further notice, all correspondence should be directed to us. We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining the CCA. We will now process your request from the creditor and will revert in due course. We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents'. Amount owing as stated on this letter is £10,201.08.
                  JUNE 2011: Niddy says to just wait.
                  27 JULY 2011: Letter from Arrow Global 'Thank you for your recent communication in which you informed us of a different address. We are required to verify... provide us with 2 of the following...'. Presume they're referring to letter on 04/04/11. Still haven't had any further communication from them regarding their letter on 31/05/11.
                  Ignore and wait still I'm guessing?

Comment

• Re: BARCLAYCARD Credit Card

BARCLAYCARD
                    Date commenced: June 2000
                    Approx balance: £7,495.70 (updated 01/08/11)
                    Status: No default issued. Barclaycard doesn’t even show on Credit Expert. Apex Credit Management is showing the account as Satisfactory.
                    Account Owner: Was sold to Apex Credit Management in Jan 2011.

13 MAY 2010: Letter from DMP Company to Barclaycard requesting CCA. No response received.
                    21 JAN 2011: Letter to me from Barclaycard saying that they have sold the debt to Apex Credit Management. It says ‘this letter is formal notice of the assignment of the debt and the closure of your account with Barclaycard’.
                    21 JAN 2011: Letter from Apex saying that they have bought to debt from Barclaycard.
                    9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Apex.
                    14 FEB 2011: Letter from Apex saying that they have requested the CCA from Barclaycard.
                    1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response.
                    25 MARCH 2011: Letter from Apex stating that CCA and T's&C's are enclosed. Still waiting for SOA, will be sent as soon as received.
                    4 APRIL 2011: Niddy says as only terms were sent and no agreement.
                    4 APRIL 2011: CCA Query - T's&C's Supplied letter sent to Apex.
                    1 JUNE 2011: Letter from Apex saying that they haven't received any minimum payments from me and they want me to pay them £29.30/month. Niddy says to ignore.
                    1 AUGUST 2011: Letter from Apex saying that they haven't received any minimum payments from me and they want me to pay them £29.30/month. Have been receiving 1-3 calls a day from APEX for the last couple of weeks.
                    Still ignore?

Comment

• Re: BARCLAYCARD Credit Card

Still ignore?
                      Send this to Apex > Harassment by Telephone
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you're being serious about this then I'll gladly accept the help!
                        No worries - let us know if they hassle you too much or if you need me to do you a F&F letter/call....

Comment

11 JULY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'Thank you for your recent communication... please request a copy of the CCA along with £1 fee. If you're unhappy with the info provided please contact us by return'. Bit confused here as apart from my conversation with them on 14/07/11, the only other contact I have had is when I sent the Threat by Creditor To Commence Litigation Letter on 07/07/11?
                          Do I need to do anything here? Thanks!
                          Just ignore this - no need to reply

Comment

• Re: MBNA Credit Card

MBNA
                            27 JULY 2011: Letter from Arrow Global 'Thank you for your recent communication in which you informed us of a different address. We are required to verify... provide us with 2 of the following...'. Presume they're referring to letter on 04/04/11. Still haven't had any further communication from them regarding their letter on 31/05/11.
                            Ignore and wait still I'm guessing?
                            Just ignore this as well.... you would never send them ID - sod that

Comment

MINT/RBS
                              Status: Defaulted Nov 2008. No Default Notice received.

7 JULY 2011: Threat by Creditor To Commence Litigation Letter sent to Moorcroft.
                              14 JULY 2011: Niddy advised to call and offer a maximum F&F of £500. I only went to £450 as the man was being an arse. He said no, offered 25% discount initially but extended it to 35%. I said that it was £450 or £1/month for 125 years. He asked me to send him my SOA and he has made a note of my offer. I've been advised to ignore this request.
                              11 JULY 2011: Letter from Moorcroft 'Thank you for your recent communication... please request a copy of the CCA along with £1 fee. If you're unhappy with the info provided please contact us by return'. Niddy says ignore.
                              31 AUG 2011: Letter from Moorcroft saying that they can offer me a 'substantial discount from the outstanding balance. If you are able to pay an acceptable lump sum within the next 14 days we will not pursue the remaining balance of the debt.
                              Shall I call them? Any advice please and thanks?

Comment

Shall I call them? Any advice please and thanks?
                                why would you go and do such a silly thing now?

Seriously though, can you actually afford an offer? If so how much could you comfortably afford - bear in mind the debt is £1,500 - so an offer of £300 - £500 is going to be needed to secure a write off.

Comment

Working...
                                X