GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script StressHead's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StressHead's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: StressHead's UE Diary

I know how you feel, I am in stress mode at the moment and have had little or no sleep for the last few nights. When I look back things are a lot better than they were, but I still have a problem getting my brain to switch off to let me sleep.

It does get better though and all I can do is say try to relax and let Niddy guide you through. With me the letters are a lot fewer now and generally things are less stressful so at least I am not feeling as if I am in the middle of a tornado with no idea how anything will turn out
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
      I know how you feel, I am in stress mode at the moment and have had little or no sleep for the last few nights. When I look back things are a lot better than they were, but I still have a problem getting my brain to switch off to let me sleep.

It does get better though and all I can do is say try to relax and let Niddy guide you through. With me the letters are a lot fewer now and generally things are less stressful so at least I am not feeling as if I am in the middle of a tornado with no idea how anything will turn out
      I think I'm more anxious because before I did the DMP I was being bombarded with letters, most of which remained unopened buried in a draw somewhere. Once I started the DMP, the letters pretty much stopped and now I know that they're going to start again with the UE route... GULP! It's got to be done though. Today's a good day (have an angel on my shoulder) so I'm feeling like 'it's only money, don't sweat it, what's the worst that can happen' but on a bad day (when I've got a devil on my shoulder) I'm like 'God, how did I ever get myself into this position. What a damn idiot. I've only got myself to blame and if I had any morals then going down the BR, IVA or UE route wouldn't be an option I'd consider. My irresponsible behaviour with money will now effect others who need to borrow money and would pay it back'. ARGH! This smiley sums things up perfectly

I was brought up to budget and save and I feel ashamed of getting myself into this position. Having hit rock bottom 2 years ago (where I felt like there was only one way out) I guess now's the time to be selfish and get myself back on track. I've been honest with friends/family about my situation although I'm not sure some of them have any comprehension what state my finances are in as I always try and have a smile on my face. This forum is very theraputic though and it's nice to know that you guys a. get what I'm going on about and b. are going through it too. I'm SO happy that I've found you lot! And the sun is shining today so what more could you ask for?!
      Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
      May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
      Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

Hi,

Just popped in to say, you are doing fine. I know its very stressful, we were also on a DMP for over 2 years, and like you things had settled down regarding the letters, but some of our creditors were still adding extortionate interest charges onto our accounts, and therefore it felt like we were not getting very far. Then almost a year ago we started down the UE route, yes we did get loads of letters and phone calls, but we changed our telephone numbers, so they stopped. Whenever I got some correspondence from them I posted on here and followed the advice given by Niddy, but it also helps if you read the template letters and other diaries, so you can try to work out what response to give yourself.

Now, we have a peaceful life, enough to live on and enjoy life again. The letters are getting less frequent, and on the whole life is good. Keep going and eventually it will be the same for you.

Elsie

Comment

Good evening Niddy,
          I've been 'blurbing' a lot in my diary but could you please refer back to post #72 & #73 when you get a chance. Just need to know if I've sent the Egg CCA, DMP & Claims Agreements to you correctly and if I've updated my diary correctly too?
          Thanks very much...
          A not too stressed StressHead
          Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
          May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
          Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

gimme 10 mins, i'm working through all the diaries....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by StressHead View Post
              My replies are in PURPLE.
              Basically as you've gone so far through things - just change your address normally with everything, you can't hide so pointless paying for a mail-divert as the lenders will see the links when they get their monthly CRA data feed.

Obviously, you need to change your phone number and do not give it out to them!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: EGG Loan

NIDDY - Sent CCA for Egg Loan to you. Had to send it via OH's dropsend account as was too big for me to e-mail. Also when scanned, each page saved individually. Sorry if this is a pain but it's the only way I could get it over to you. I have also sent via dropsend, my agreements for DMP and Claims with Grass Roots. Have update original message for a couple that I've had letters from, nothing major though. Had response back from Barclays OD re. token payments but I'm going to ignore for now as I think you suggested previously. Is this right? Please let me know if I've sent everything to your correctly as it's the first time I've sent anything over. Can you please confirm that I've updated diary properly too. Many thanks!
                Hiya

Open a hotmail account as you can send loads that way or zip files. I cannot use that drop thingy as it creates work and unfortunately I don't have the time.

My site emails can cope with 20meg so it'll cope with the largest of attachments....

I'll have a look at these this time, but in future send me an email please like everyone else does.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  gimme 10 mins, i'm working through all the diaries....
                  No rush! I've been reading SOOOO many diaries on here. I think I've developed an unhealthy obsession with your website! I must have been on here about 20 times today reading everything I can set my eyes upon...

Comment

Basically as you've gone so far through things - just change your address normally with everything, you can't hide so pointless paying for a mail-divert as the lenders will see the links when they get their monthly CRA data feed.

Obviously, you need to change your phone number and do not give it out to them!
                    As I thought. I won't give them my new landline, they've already got the mobile and I'm in a contract with it for the next 18 months so nothing I can do there apart from ignore. No worries. Should I write to the lenders to inform them that I'm moving or just don't bother?

Comment

Hiya

Open a hotmail account as you can send loads that way or zip files. I cannot use that drop thingy as it creates work and unfortunately I don't have the time.

My site emails can cope with 20meg so it'll cope with the largest of attachments....

I'll have a look at these this time, but in future send me an email please like everyone else does.

Thanks
                      Cool! No worries. Will open hotmail account or sort some way to send them from my own e-mail account. Cheers.

Comment

I have also sent via dropsend, my agreements for Claims with Grass Roots.
                        Hiya, what is this? I've just seen it but it looks like your agreement with a DMP? If so, all you need to do is cancel the DMP by writing in and confirming you are ceasing it due to looking into unenforceability. As for their so called claims service, you have not paid for this have you? Please tell me you never....

That will finish that. If, in the future, you need to re-do one then consider CCCS or PayPlan (both free)....

Comment

As I thought. I won't give them my new landline, they've already got the mobile and I'm in a contract with it for the next 18 months so nothing I can do there apart from ignore. No worries. Should I write to the lenders to inform them that I'm moving or just don't bother?
                          Nooo, just leave it and when they find you they'll soon let you know

Comment

Jeysus - stop sending people money will you! The £10 is the SAR fee - however you have not requested the proper SAR documents, anyway lets see what they send back to you - however you need to ignore it and start again, now with our help here, and we'll work through it all and get you back on track. If you have a copy of the agreement you signed with the thieving bastards, please email me a copy so I can look for fault within the agreement to try and get your cash back from them. Scum, I hate them.

If I charged for half of what I do, I'd be minted!
                            In the quote above you told me to send you the copy of the agreement for the Claims and in an earlier post you asked me who the theiving people were who I'd done the DMP with. Both the same company so I sent you both agreements as I thought you meant that you'd look through both to see if there's a way to get my money back? DMP's already been cancelled. Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick and yes, I paid them £537.60 for the claims and then cancelled before the last payment (was due to pay them a total of £672). Please refer to post #33 for more info.
                            Last edited by StressHead; 7 March 2011, 21:57.

Comment

NIDDY - Sent CCA for Egg Loan to you.
                              Ok, this was opened in 2006 & also done online, meaning it's exempt from s.127 (ie we cannot look at UE).... however, it does have faults as it's not laid out as per the correct procedure (s.18 CCA1974) - see here: ---> Multiple Agreements

However, that said, yours is similar to this example: --->
                              See Example Agreements

Then scroll down to the 3rd example - here (click it for full size):

In that, I mean that it is not laid out as per s.18, so you can assume it is unenforceable and see how they want to play it - obviously if they get too heavy then you may need to back down, i'll keep you on track - don't worry! However, in the meantime - just send this back (to Aktiv kapital or whoever own the debt now): --->
                              CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Comment

In the quote above you told me to send you the copy of the agreement for the Claims and in an earlier post you asked me who the theiving people were who I'd done the DMP with. Both the same company so I sent you both agreements as I thought you meant that you'd look through both to see if there's a way to get my money back? DMP's already been cancelled. Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick and yes, I paid them £537.60 for the claims and then cancelled before the last payment (was due to pay them a total of £672).
                                Hiya

Can you elaborate - were you paying for the DMP each month and if so, how much? I cannot see on the terms anything about payment?

As for the claims side of things, what exactly was this for, ie what were you seeking to reclaim - please elaborate?

Also, regards the Egg account above - start a new thread here (Reclaiming) and ask Di about reclaiming the £8k of PPi they added. Obviously they will reject the claim based on the fact you applied online, however just blag it (means you need to tell some white lies).... so think of reasons to make a reclaim, ie were you unemployed, exempy somehow? Its worth thinking into this as it'll being the debt down by shit loads.....

In the mean time though, treat is as unenforceable ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X