GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script StressHead's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StressHead's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MBNA Credit Card

Originally posted by StressHead View Post
    MBNA
    Date commenced: Sept 2006
    Approx balance: £10,570
    Date last paid in full: ?
    Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.
    Status: Defaulted Aug 2008. Default Notice received from Arrow Global Oct 2008.
    Account Owner: According to DMP, account is with MBNA. Credit Expert says it’s with Arrow Global. Last letter I received was from Fredrickson International in Oct 2008.

15 JUNE 2010: Letter to DMP Company from MBNA stating that ‘accordingly the credit agreement and current terms and conditions were sent to you’. No CCA or T’s&C’s were received by DMP Company.
    8 FEB 2001: Letter to me from Arrow Global asking me to send proof of new address. Letter received on 11/02/11. I moved in Aug 2009.
    9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Fredrickson International.
    1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no response. Have I sent the request to the right company? Have checked the recorded delivery code and it says that it’s still being processed through the Royal Mail system.
    Hi Niddy - The CCA Request letter I sent on 9th Feb 2011 still hasn't been delivered? Should I send another so that we can get the ball rolling on this? Cheers.
    Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
    May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
    Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

Hi Niddy - The CCA Request letter I sent on 9th Feb 2011 still hasn't been delivered? Should I send another so that we can get the ball rolling on this? Cheers.
      Yea, did you send a Postal Order, if so - was this cashed as yet? (You can ring and check it out).....

If cashed, do nothing - if uncashed, report it lost and send another off.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Yea, did you send a Postal Order, if so - was this cashed as yet? (You can ring and check it out).....

If cashed, do nothing - if uncashed, report it lost and send another off.
        Recorded Delivery says it's still in transit.
        PO hasn't been cashed.
        Have sent another letter and PO today.
        Cheers.
        Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
        May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
        Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

Recorded Delivery says it's still in transit.
          PO hasn't been cashed.
          Have sent another letter and PO today.
          Cheers.
          Ok, remember to cancel the other one.....

keep us updated
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: MARBLES Credit Card

MARBLES
            Date commenced: Apr 2003
            Approx balance: £10,257
            Other info: Partial payment paid by DMP, last one in Feb 2011. No payments being made now.
            Account Owner: Lowell

29 SEPT 2010: Letter to DMP Company from Lowell stating that they have requested the CCA from the original lender SAV Credit.
            19 NOV 2010: Letter to DMP from Lowell saying that ‘after liaising with SAV Credit, the document is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with your client concerning payment against this account unless the copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from SAV Credit’.
            9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Lowell.
            21 FEB 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they have requested the CCA from SAV Credit.
            1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response. Have checked recorded delivery code and letter was delivered on 10/02/11. The original agreement number on the letters from Lowell is not the same as my original agreement number with Marbles. The number was correct on correspondence until the debt was passed from SAV Credit to Lowell back in May 2009.
            1 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they haven't received CCA from SAV Credit as yet. Still trying to retrieve it from archives. Account on hold.
            29 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that after liasing with SAV Credit, they have confirmed that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment unless the copy agreement is received at some point in the future from SAV Credit.
            Niddy! Please read info for 29/03/11. Does this mean what I think it means? What happens if it is found 'in the future'? Thanks.

Comment

• Re: EGG Credit Card

EGG
              Date commenced: Nov 2002
              Approx balance: £5,422
              Status: Defaulted June 2008. Default Notice received from EGG Sept 2008.
              Account Owner: Letters to me were from red Debt Collection. Account is with Lowell.

30 SEPT 2010: CCA received from EGG to DMP Company.
              9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to red Debt Collection.
              21 FEB 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they have requested the CCA from EGG.
              1 MARCH 2011: End of 14 working days and no further response. Have checked recorded delivery code and letter was delivered on 10/02/11.
              1 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that they haven't received CCA from EGG as yet. Still trying to retrieve it from archives. Account on hold.
              29 MARCH 2011: Letter from Lowell saying that after liasing with Egg, they have confirmed that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment unless the copy agreement is received at some point in the future from Egg.
              Same letter from Lowell about this account too. I've got everything crossed for the U word which I'm sure it is but I need you confirm this for me pls & thanks

Comment

• Re: StressHead's UE Diary

Well done on both the above (see, it does work) - basically these are both now formally unenforceable so well done - you've won

In a nutshell, they will still hassle you to pay but now all you do is keep those two letters extremely safe and if anyone hassles you again, then you photocopy that letter and highlight the relevant text and then send it with one of these: ---> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Well done on both the above (see, it does work) - basically these are both now formally unenforceable so well done - you've won

In a nutshell, they will still hassle you to pay but now all you do is keep those two letters extremely safe and if anyone hassles you again, then you photocopy that letter and highlight the relevant text and then send it with one of these: ---> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

OMG! I think I love you!
                  So far that's £46K which is unenforceable and I'm only waiting to hear back from 2 more accounts at a total of £14K. And to think that not that long ago, I thought that topping myself was the only way out (not that I tried because it is just money!).

So, how long do they have to come back with the CCA's? Say for example if they do find the CCA in 2 years or 5 years time. Is it 'too late' at any point? Thanks Niddy!

Comment

Do you know what is ridiculous... the fact that when my DMP wrote to Lowell about EGG 5 months ago, they managed to find a CCA and now they can't find it! Even if they do find it, I already know that it's unenforceable due to the use of the word 'agreement' (I've been doing some homework!).

The only 2 I'm waiting for now is Capital One £3.5K (who did eventually supply my DMP with a CCA) and MBNA £10.5K (who never got back to the DMP either). Watch this space!!

Comment

OMG! I think I love you!
                      So far that's £46K which is unenforceable and I'm only waiting to hear back from 2 more accounts at a total of £14K. And to think that not that long ago, I thought that topping myself was the only way out (not that I tried because it is just money!).

So, how long do they have to come back with the CCA's? Say for example if they do find the CCA in 2 years or 5 years time. Is it 'too late' at any point? Thanks Niddy!
                      Don't you worry, they will not be finding anything! they will try and make a recon - but then you still have us here to fight them off for you, the debt will now be statute barred after 6 years of no contact/payments.......

Well done

Comment

Do you know what is ridiculous... the fact that when my DMP wrote to Lowell about EGG 5 months ago, they managed to find a CCA and now they can't find it! Even if they do find it, I already know that it's unenforceable due to the use of the word 'agreement' (I've been doing some homework!).

The only 2 I'm waiting for now is Capital One £3.5K (who did eventually supply my DMP with a CCA) and MBNA £10.5K (who never got back to the DMP either). Watch this space!!
                        Hmmm, if they provided it before then they may well find it again so don't get too cocky just yet! However with MBNA and Crappy1, don't worry - leave them to contact you now.

In the main, well done - good successes so far, considering the mess you were in a few weeks ago.....

Comment

Thanks Niddy! Much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Niddy! Much appreciated.
                            Anytime

Comment

• Re: CAPITAL ONE Credit Card

CAPITAL ONE
                              Date commenced: March 2003
                              Approx balance: £3,550
                              Status: Defaulted Oct 2008. No Default Notice received.
                              Account Owner: Letters to me were from Scotcall. Account is still with CAPITAL ONE.

06 JULY 2010: CCA received from Capital One to DMP Company. Letter from Capital One states ‘As we have complied with out obligation under S78, we will not be entering into further correspondence regarding the provision of copy agreements. Ms.X’s agreement is enforceable and we will continue to treat it as such’.
                              9 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Scotcall.
                              10 FEB 2011: Letter from Scotcall saying that I need to request CCA from their client, Credit Solutions.
                              15 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Credit Solutions.
                              23 FEB 2011: Letter from Credit Solutions saying that I need to request CCA from Capital One.
                              23 FEB 2011: First letter requesting CCA sent to Capital One. 14 days will be up on 15/03/11.
                              23 MAR 2011: Letter from Capital One with an attached cheque for £1 saying if I have any questions then to call them. Really confused as to why they've sent this to me? Niddy's advised to ignore for now as they're in breach of CCA request.
                              04 APRIL 2011: Letter from Cap One saying that I must contact them to arrange payment plan as I am no longer dealing with my DMP Company. Ignoring this.
                              04 APRIL 2011: Letter from Cap One saying that CCA was sent to DMP. Have scanned Cap One CCA from DMP and sent to Niddy.
                              Afternoon Niddy. You've got mail! Please see info above. Thanks as always!

Comment

• Re: CAPITAL ONE Credit Card

Afternoon Niddy. You've got mail! Please see info above. Thanks as always!
                                Bumping this back to the top

Comment

Working...
                                X