GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sophisticat"s Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sophisticat"s Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sophisticat"s Diary

Income falling badly plus divorce left me in debt to a number of credit card companies. Some seem to have gone away (at least for now) and in some cases I am paying off monthly, in two cases after CCJs. Now being pursued on one as detailed below. Hoping to follow the UE route and looking for help and advice. Newbie so forgive me if I get things wrong; I have tried to read the guidance and to follow it. Details set out below in form requested.

MBNA Platinum Credit Card

Date Commenced: October 1998

Balance £16,100

Date Last Paid Approx. July 2010. Not paying since then.

Status: default. County Court action initiated by owner of debt

Account owner - Debt was sold to Hillesden Securities

I want to check the UE route. One 'flaw' I can see in the CCA is that the original form included no place for the lender to sign it. However, a sort of squiggle has been added and dated at 12 January 1999, ie, almost three months after the agreement came into force. Does this alone place it in the UE category as an improperly executed agreement?

The documentation is also confusing. There is the application form I signed. Then there is a set of four pages of Terms and Conditions. Then there is a separate document saying "this is a copy of your agreement to keep". However, Page 1 of this document is not included, which seems suspicious - the first page sent me is marked '2of8'. My address also seems to have been added at an odd place.

I plan to send my CCA to Niddy following his requested guidelines. Should I also enter it onto the Private area of this site? Any advice most welcome. A Court hearing has been for 22 March to strike out my defence and so I need to know before then whether I have a case on UE grounds and if so what arguments to deploy. Thanks in advance for any help. A lot of money at stake here!

Re: Sophisticat"s Diary

Hi,

Welcome to AAD - gotta ask, are you into catlitter or strip club in london
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi and welcome to aad

Send here ----->agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
      Do not edit only Niddy will have access
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

T
        Hello Niddy - the latter, given a choice - any recommendations...?
        Last edited by sophisticatuk; 13 March 2013, 12:52.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticatuk View Post
          The latter, given a choice - any recommendations?

Noooo, just wondered why the username

haha
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Emailed Niddy

I have now emailed Niddy with a copy of my CCA.

Comment

Re: Emailed Niddy

Originally posted by sophisticatuk View Post
              I have now emailed Niddy with a copy of my CCA.

Hello......

Rest assured, if your agreement has ANYTHING wrong with it, Niddy and the team will find it!
              Try not to worry too much until you know what you have to deal with.

XX

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Noooo, just wondered why the username

haha
                Know where he has been !111111111111111
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words Fluffystuff. X

Comment

Hi how's you ?
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X