GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BlueForYou MBNA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BlueForYou MBNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueForYou MBNA

Here goes. I now need some advice re best way forward!!

MBNA
    Taken out Jan 1998
    Balance approx. £6000
    Defaulted November 2009 - At least I have a letter stating this. I believe this was because of my erratic payments to that date.

January
    Entered into an agreed payment plan. Best guess was £50 per month. Wife had passed away a few weeks before this.

August
    Letter received demanding review of amounts and what was my "plan to increase payments"

September
    Replied explaining circumstances and offered £5 per month. Sent with I&E form

October
    Letter received accepting the above offer for six month period

I believe the payment in December 2010 was the last time I paid

January
    I missed ONE payment
    Rang to pay over phone. Told that the account was now with Triton and they therefore could not take payment
    I believe the payment in December 2010 was the last time I paid

February
    Within two days of above, received letter from Triton, asking for full amount or to discuss payment plan
    Two weeks later received letter that "Urgent Action required" ...or else etc
    End of month, letter received from Triton giving "Notice of Legal Proceedings" with usual threats etc.

March
    Had enough. Sent CCA request
    Letter received, Triton passing request back to RBS
    Application Form and some statements, plus Ts &Cs received.

April
    Used the knowledge gained here and replied with "Application form sent" template
    Triton reply, again passing it back to RBS
    Letter received from Green & Co saying they "would more than likely be instructed to commence proceedings" against me. Gave me "one final opportunity to pay" - Ignored

May
    Received letter from Moorcroft - notice of intended litigation.
    Scanned Application form etc to Niddy to double check my document. Niddy says UNENFORCEABLE
    Another threat letter from Moorcroft received
    Letter sent using "Sold whilst in dispute template"
    Letter received from Moorcroft saying account on hold whilst they investigate with RBS

June
    Letter received from Moorcroft asking me to contact RBS for CCA (!)
    Replied with template saying they are chasing so They must supply CCA. Enclosed another £1
    Letter received, with my pound back telling me again its RBS who must supply CCA
    At this point I cannot remember why I reapplied for CCA anyway, but that's what I did.

August
    Moorcroft sent another "possible litigation" letter - ignored

September
    Moorcroft send "Monthly instalment offer" - ignored
    Midas Credit Services send "Litigation Warning" letter - ignored - who are they!!??

October
    Moorcroft send "Discount Offer"- ignored
    Moorcroft send "Discount Offer"- ignored (yes , again)

November
    Westcot send "Notice of debt collection" letter, with offer to pay up or call them- ignored

December
    Westcott send "Final Notice" letter, threatening "possible court action" or a "Door Step Collection Agency" visit
    Replied with a CCA request for them to deal with (sorry...)
    Letter received from Nelson guest on behalf of Westcott, offering to discuss a "reduced amount payable"- ignored
    Westcott letter received asking me to write to RBS re my CCA request earlier this month
    Replied with template saying they are chasing so They must supply CCA. Enclosed another £1

January
    Westcott letter received asking me to write to RBS re my CCA request earlier this month (again)
    Letter sent using Final Response template

March
    Letter received from Nelson guest on behalf of Westcott, asking for immediate payment
    Replied with template letter reminding them that I'd not recieved a valid CCA and asked them not ignore that fact that the account was STILL in dispute from March 2011
    Door Step Collection notice received from Westcott
    Replied with template revoking their licence to visit me.

April
    New one - Letter received from Credit Security Ltd (on behalf of Westcott) asking me to pay up or ring to discuss. Ignored
    "Final DEMAND!" for payment received from Credit Security Ltd, and/or a doorstep visit. Ignored
    Letter received from Credit Security Ltd threatening a door step visit, but also £1300 off the debt if I paid now.
    "In dispute" letter sent, to Credit Security Ltd with copy of door step visit revokation letter .

May
    Letter from MINT (RBS) saying account now being sent to Apex Credit Management for collection
    Letter from Westcott stating they had been instructed to withdraw the account and I'd hear no more from them

June
    Letter received from Apex saying its "potentially my last opportunity" to pay "before further action being considered"
    Replied with harassment letter, re-stating account in dispute and citing unenforceability. Also asked for CCA again
    Letter received asking me to write to RBS for CCA
    Apex respond stating that they've complied with request etc, and included an I&E for completion - Ignored

July
    Apex write stating I need to call to discuss repayment Ignored

August
    Apex write asking for full payment, or plan for payment and include a list of legal action etc that "can be taken" Ignored
    Apex write again, threatening more potential action
    Replied with template saying they are chasing so They must supply CCA

September
    Apex respond to above letter, doubting my understanding of the CCA request process. They again give me RBS details to write to, and include another I&E. Ignored
    Letter received from HL solicitors saying pay Apex or court action may be taken. Ignored

October
    Apex letter received asking for full payment or payment plan, offering help if they could.

November
    Replied to Apex asking if they might find a valid CCA one day
    Apex respond again with RBS details!
    Apex then seem to have contacted RBS and RBS has confirmed it "satisfied my CCA request in March 2011" Also asked for an I&E to determine what my payment plan might be.... Ignored

Christmas!!

January to April 15th 2013.

NO LETTERS OR CALL AT ALL.

Letter dated 27th May 2016 recieved from RBS (?) saying they'd sold the debt to Cabot.

mmm. watch this space!
    Last edited by blueforyou; 5 June 2016, 16:03. Reason: UPDATE
    []Remember. Everytime a Soldier or Policemen loses thier job, everytime a school can't afford a book, everytime a streetlight has to be turned off - a bankers greed, incompetence and ineptitude played a large part. In Financial Services?, in a Bank? Then think on....you are helping this process along....

Re: BlueForYou Diary

I don't know about needing advice – it looks from reading that as though you could be giving advice to others! You've seen off a third of the time to SB (assuming you're not in Scotland), and seen off most of the usual rogues whose names crop up endlessly on this site.

What exactly do you need advice on, apart from keep handling the situation as well as you've done so far?

SH

Comment

Re: BlueForYou Diary

Thanks Scabhunter - I must admit to some previous (but not diared) experience with this!

My thoughts were concerning the continuance of communication that seems to be a positive thing across the forums recently. I think I read a case or two where because the alleged debtor had responded to most correspondence from creditors, any charge of "avoiding payment" would be rejected. Also that, if it came to court, regular and formal good responses from the alleged debtor may sway things their way....
      []Remember. Everytime a Soldier or Policemen loses thier job, everytime a school can't afford a book, everytime a streetlight has to be turned off - a bankers greed, incompetence and ineptitude played a large part. In Financial Services?, in a Bank? Then think on....you are helping this process along....

Comment

Re: BlueForYou MBNA

Niddy - it appears to have come back!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueforyou View Post
          Niddy - it appears to have come back!!
          Scabhunter saved the info for us - thanks SH

As before, you're doing everything right and seem bang on the ball - well done. Keep it up, you're in total control by the looks of things.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Scabhunter - you hero!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueforyou View Post
              Scabhunter - you hero!!
              I was going to tell you that Niddy was directly descended from Merlin the Magician, and has demonstrable magical powers. These include the ability to create text from thoughtform images registered in the brain by photographic memory.

It was either that, or Firefox retaining the page in its cache so it could be accessed even after it had been deleted from the site.

I'll let you guess which.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                It was either that, or Firefox retaining the page in its cache so it could be accessed even after it had been deleted from the site.
                See, not just a pretty face
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                  I was going to tell you that Niddy was directly descended from Merlin the Magician, and has demonstrable magical powers. These include the ability to create text from thoughtform images registered in the brain by photographic memory.

I'll let you guess which.

SH
                  It wouldnt surprise me ifceither were true.

Comment

Updated Diary. Nothing has really happened though!

Comment

Keep on as you are blueforyou. Obviously update when you receive anything else.

Comment

Working...
                      X