GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Desperate Dans Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperate Dans Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate Dans Diary

Hi all, ive started this as my original diary is in the consumer revenge portal. I have copied this from my last post in there in the hope that someone can give some advice.

Hi everyone I finally have an update, of sorts.

I received a letter back from Yorkshire Bank demanding a signature before they would comply with the SAR request. I wrote back to them with a modified no signature required letter, basically telling them that they have been happy to correspond with me so they must know who I am. Interestingly the response letter from them had a date on it which was pre my request date! I will upload letters if required. Anyway, they have now responded and demanded I go to the bank and sign something to prove who I am. I am just wondering though, seeing as there is alreay a CC judgement against me, shall I just sign the letter?

Cheers, Dan

Re: Desperate Dans Diary

I think you would have to sign a request for a SAR. It is not like a CCA request.

In my opinion the agremnt signed when the loan was executed is proof of the covenant that allows the creditor to release information due under the agreement via the regulation (CCA).

With a SAR you are demanding any information held on you(the data subject),under the Data Protection Act this could contain information not covered in the agreement and outside the remit of the consumer credit act. I think they would be within their rights not to honor such a request under section 10 DPA unless accompanied by a signature.

Only my opinion of course.
    Last edited by gravytrain; 19 November 2012, 22:34.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
      I think you would have to sign a request for a SAR. It is not like a CCA request.

In my opinion the agremnt signed when the loan was executed is proof of the covenant that allows the creditor to release information due under the agreement via the regulation (CCA).

With a SAR you are demanding any information held on you(the data subject),under the Data Protection Act this could contain information not covered in the agreement and outside the remit of the consumer credit act. I think they would be within their rights not to honor such a request under section 10 DPA unless accompanied by a signature.

Only my opinion of course.
      Cheers Gravy will get it signed and sent off then

Comment

Originally posted by Desperate Dan View Post
        Cheers Gravy will get it signed and sent off then
        There is nothing stopping you signing with an extra little flourish of course, just in case someone has a bright idea to lift it and copy onto something else, just so that you would recognize it if you saw it again.
        Last edited by gravytrain; 20 November 2012, 20:55.

Comment

Hi how are things ?
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X