GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cymruambyth's latest UE battles - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cymruambyth's latest UE battles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cymruambyth's latest UE battles

As many are aware I have been fighting debt since 2003, unfortunately many errors were made before there was website help! I was given some good advice but some help would have sent us bankrupt and homeless.....
    I am still fighting a few companies, but am getting towards the end of my CCA requests so I thought I would start a diary for my latest quests.

No 1 is with RMA. OH has a B/card that was just over £2k which he has been paying without question since 2007, by my calculation the amount owing has halved. We have never had any statements etc from RMA. About 3 weeks ago I sent off a CCA request plus £1. No acknowledgement, but cheque has been cashed, so DD cancelled to see if that will focus them.

No 2 is a B/card loan that is over £14k, CCA request sent at the same time. They are dealing with my request and will respond as soon as possible. I have not cancelled this payment yet.
    I am interested to see what B/card produce as they used to send me a new offer and agreement every year, topping up by either £1k or 32k. I 'may' have 3 agreements, none of which are compliant!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Cymruambyth's latest UE battles

Last one was 2001 or 2. It is such a shame about their poor paperwork.....I first started trying for UE in 2008 when 1stC started threatening me about an £18k Barclaycard CC. The last payment was from Barclays for £75 when FOS ruled in my favour over no agreement in SAR. 1stC are still waiting for the paperwork .......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just an update to say no communications from RMA and nothing further from Barclays. Both payments cancelled.

Comment

Well I have found my original agreements from Barclaycard!
        2001 and 2002 appear to be identical.there is no 'right to cancel' information......

Comment

Working...
        X