GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SnV v MBNA UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnV v MBNA UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SnV v MBNA UE Diary

Hi All

As some of you may know I am on a DMP but recently was informed by DW that she was also in financial trouble. Not wanting to put additional financial pressure on me DW has been ignoring some of her creditors to the point where she couldn't keep up payments.

So DW is now on a DMP which every creditor has accepted except one - MBNA.

In fact MBNA have been complete 1

I came home one evening to find DW in tears after speaking to MBNA on the phone who had threatened all sorts (take our house, kids on the streets you don't want that do you, can't you borrow money off your husband etc etc).

So that was enough for me so I decided to CCA MBNA and see what they would come up with.

Cut a long story short :UE

See the letter attached and also the copy of the CCA that was sent. Looks like all they have is an application form...

Now perhaps against the spirit of the site they will continue to get their DMP payments at the moment but I am going to be adding the pressure on that we are making payments to an account that is currently UE but they have refused DW's DMP and also refused to freeze interest and charges.

However if MBNA continue to be obstructive then I may revisit this, although I want to have the cards decked in my favour if MBNA did ever find an enforceable agreement and then take us to court, if they are not prepared to freeze charges and interest on a UE agreement then they may just get nothing.

A big thanks to Niddy for providing the sort of info on this site that gives us the opportunity to fight back a little and give ourselves some breathing space to sort things out.

All the best

SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: SnV v MBNA UE Diary

Hi SnV.

With regards to supposed credit agreements, it's best to email the documents you have received directly to Niddy:
    never-in-doubt@live.co.uk - please do not cross out/cover up anything, as this prevents him from giving an accurate picture of enforceability (or not as the case may be!)

The title of your email should be "SaltnVinegar - MBNA credit agreement" - so that Niddy knows who it belongs to, and which creditor is relates to.

In the meantime, it would also be helpful to list details of your creditor (plus any others you might try going down the UE route for) as outlined by Niddy here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9

Best of luck!

DD x
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Hi snv.

Again, images wiped mate. I don't want agreements etc clogging my server space so please get used to using email and don't load them into messages.

Thanks
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
        Hi snv.

Again, images wiped mate. I don't want agreements etc clogging my server space so please get used to using email and don't load them into messages.

Thanks
        LOL no worries
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers y
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X