GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Abbey & A&L Cards Now MBNA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abbey & A&L Cards Now MBNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey & A&L Cards Now MBNA

Hi below is where I am up to with a couple of cards and wondering what action to take next?

The cards where originally with Abbey and Alliance and Leicester but now seem to be with MBNA?

Be good to get advice and hopefully help others who are in a similar situation.

Thanks for your help.

John

Card 2
    1.Type of account - Originally Alliance and Leicester Credit card
    2.Date commenced - 11/11/1996
    3.Approx balance - £6100
    4.Date last paid - Oct
    5.Are you on arrangement or not paying - No
    6.Status - Up-to-date
    7.Account owner - Was started with Alliance and Leicester now the bills are from MBNA

CARD 1
    1.Type of account - Originally Abbey Credit card
    2.Date commenced - 17/11/2004
    3.Approx balance - £7000
    4.Date last paid - Oct
    5.Are you on arrangement or not paying - No
    6.Status - Up-to-date
    7.Account owner - Was started with Abbey now the bills are from MBNA

Action to date:
    06 Oct 2010 Below letter sent via recorded to both addresses:

Alliance & Leicester plc
    Customer service centre
    Carlton Park
    Narborough
    Leicester
    LE19 0AL

SANTANDER
    201 GRAFTON GATE EAST
    MILTON KEYNES
    BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
    MK9 1AN

My Address

Wednesday, 06 October 2010

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I hereby formally request a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement, pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).

I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit (12 + 2 days). You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request; the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties. Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

Attached is payment in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee - note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose. If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee and then remove the incorrect entry from your systems.

I do, expect the main actions to be dealt with, as matter of course, and look forward to hearing from you within the prescribed time-scales quoted.

Yours faithfully

Signed digitally
    06/10/10 - CCA Requests sent via recorded to both Santander & A&L.
    07/10/10 - SANTANDER Letter Signed for.
    20/10/10 - A&L Cashed cheque.
    22/10/10 - Letter sent to RM for non signature of recorded letter to A&L.
    29/10/10 - Checked RM, A&L Letter still not signed for.
    25/10/10 - Letter received from MBNA

MBNA Europe Bank Limited
    PO Box 1004
    Chester Business Park
    Chester
    CH4 9WW
    21 October 2010
    Dear Sirs,
    Re: Account No:xxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to your letter received 19 October 2010 and your cheque for £1.00.
    We are unable to proceed with your enquiry as the cheque you have sent is made payable to Santander. Can you please re-send your request and make your cheque payable to MBNA.

Yours Sincerely

MBNA EBL
    MBNA Europe Bank Limited

Re: Abbey & A&L Cards Now MBNA

Why are you quoting me my own templates, please don't show me my own letters - instead just say "replied with LETTER NAME! Thanks.

Why are u doing this anyway if you're otherwise up to date - you'll kill your credit file? Also all abbey/a&l cards were serviced by mbna.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Sorry for showing the letters I just wanted to show what was sent incase the standard letters changed. I think maybe I have miss understood this, can you only do it if you are not up to date with payments? I am a bit confused now?

Thanks for your help.

John

Comment

John you will incur a default on your criedt file... if you go down the unenforceable route..

have a read at some of the info on the boards

Comment

Hi Jen

Yes I have read these, and considering if I should fully take this route or not, I wanted to get the cca first and then see if it would be wise to go to the next stage.

Thanks

John

Comment

Ok, well send off for the CCA and email me them when you get a response and then if UE we can advise as according. However if you have a clean credit file I strongly urge you to forget this route - it is not designed for won't payers - more the can't payer. Read this and pay close attention to what it is I am saying: ---> viewtopic.php?p=17663#p17663
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the help NID I will look over this.

Comment

y

Comment

Working...
                X