GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mackenzie hall - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mackenzie hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackenzie hall

Mackenzie hall sent the wife another letter so today i rang them up to see what this debt was for.

They said its Kay's catalogue and the amount owing is £2200.

She said its from 2007 but there isn't a default on the wife's credit file.

I said why isn't there a default if its from 2007 and she said not everyone puts a default on your credit file.

I'm sure Kay's catalogue would have put one on her credit file?

I asked her what proof she had of this debt and she said company name and amount owing that's it.

So then i rang Capquest and they said all they had was company name and amount owed.

To be honest i don't think they have anything or they would have taken the wife to court ages ago.

I think the default dropped off years ago because the wife said she had a Kay's account in 1995 so its looks like they are saying 2007.

I've asked for proof and Mackenzie hall and Capquest don't have any apart from name and amount.

Do you think anything more will come of this?
    Last edited by Boogiemaster; 30 June 2011, 21:11.

Re: Mackenzie hall

Wait and see - don't worry about it, chances are it'd be well and truly statute barred so if they write again let us know and we'll advise what template to send back
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Mackenzie Hall are well known for chasing statute barred debts;
      as are CapQuest!

Comment

I don't think they will do anything if they don't have any proof.

The letters started out nice then threats then court action then discount then court action in seven days again.

If they send another letter i will let you know but to be honest the letters don't scare me or the wife.

She just laughs at the letters then gives them the granddaughter to draw on.

Thanks for the help though

Comment

Originally posted by Boogiemaster View Post
          She just laughs at the letters then gives them the granddaughter to draw on.
          Mrs Dopey paints her downstairs loo with default notices, it's funny what these silly letters can be used for really.....

One person (no names mentioned) PM'd me asking if they could get "done" for wiping their arse with an agreement, then posting it back with a note saying "it's a shyte quality copy, so here - take your shyte, with some of my own, back".....

I had to remind them not to behave in such a way however, I could see the funny point
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Mrs Dopey paints her downstairs loo with default notices, it's funny what these silly letters can be used for really.....

One person (no names mentioned) PM'd me asking if they could get "done" for wiping their arse with an agreement, then posting it back with a note saying "it's a shyte quality copy, so here - take your shyte, with some of my own, back".....

I had to remind them not to behave in such a way however, I could see the funny point
            Mrs. Dopey, should retain her default notices plus envelopes for future evidence!

Comment

Please pay your debt's in seven days or you toilet will be seized.

Do not ignore this letter or we will take your toilet paper to.

I have enough dca letters to do that with my toilet to.

Thanks for the idea

Comment

Originally posted by Boogiemaster View Post
                Please pay your debt's in seven days or you toilet will be seized.

Do not ignore this letter or we will take your toilet paper to.

I have enough dca letters to do that with my toilet to.

Thanks for the idea

Wonderfully papered loo's we all will have, eventually

Comment

I have enough DCA letters I could paper the whole house!!

TBH I have enough DCA letters I could probably compress them into paper brick things and build a house!
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

my defaults are very carefully preserved in the downstairs loo, I never paper over one, it could actually be said that the whole loo is full of shyte, but that would cast aspersions on my wonderful housekeeping skills..............

Comment

Working...
                    X