Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'M FREE

All now SB and Defaults gone.

This is a note to let those at the start of the journey and those en route know that there is an end to the misery. It is not pleasant or easy but it does end.

No fault and no blame, but a crisis left me in a real mess. I am now resigned to paying in cash and not expecting tomorrow to pay for today, as there are no guarantees - there should be, there was, but there isn't. I no longer need to hide and cower.

Thanks for your support

Re: I'M FREE

Well done, you must be feeling fantastic. It just goes to show that there can be a light at the end of the tunnel. Please stay around to help others who are now fighting.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Fantastic , as Cym says your experience along the way is valuable to all those to come x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done Julian
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

This is fantastic news Julian - a huge congratulations and well done!

Please do continue to contribute to the forum - theres many people who still have time to go before their accounts become SB so to have someone supporting them who has been there, done it, received the threats, dealt with the pressure, has a real story to tell and is past the finishing line is so inspiring for them.

Best wishes

SnV
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Very well done, it must be a great feeling to be able to go forwards knowing they have all gone
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Great news for the New Year xx

Comment

Such great news and such a great inspiration to others with a bit of time to go.........Well done all

Comment

Fantastic news and a happy new year indeed .

Comment

Just spotted this thread and could n t resist reading, its so good to hear good news especially as I m helping my daughter to start out, getting free, but also personal experience I know what it feels like .. Well done, you will feel like walking on a cloud with nothing to do
                    If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Hi just popped on to say a big WELL DONE you must be feeling so happy and free from those creditors, really happy for you xx

Comment

How are you Sosad ?
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Congratulations Julian. I hope to follow your example in the coming months!!

Comment

Congrats Julian!!!!!

- think all mine will be October this year only 3 left to go.............finalization of 6 years - goes quickly! especially upon i was about to file bankruptcy with forms in hand and appointment to at courts............never looked back, got a good job, married, better place, lost weight from no stress!

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                              All now SB and Defaults gone.

This is a note to let those at the start of the journey and those en route know that there is an end to the misery. It is not pleasant or easy but it does end.

No fault and no blame, but a crisis left me in a real mess. I am now resigned to paying in cash and not expecting tomorrow to pay for today, as there are no guarantees - there should be, there was, but there isn't. I no longer need to hide and cower.

Thanks for your support
                              Congrats Julian,
                              I am getting there, Crap 1 gone, Barclaycard gone, Lloyd's now past the 6 year mark, only Barclays advance account left, taken back in house and absolutely no chance, just waiting, no letters or phone calls lovely feeling! I remember the stress and worries of years ago. Without the help of this forum, and especially Niddy, don't know where I would have been.Did pay Northern Rock as I believed it was enforceable although in hindsight maybe not.
                              To anyone on the UE journey, take advice from the members, you will get through it.
                              Thanks to everyone for the help and advice given.

Comment

Working...
                              X