• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sebaab
    replied
    Re: I'M FREE

Originally posted by julian View Post
    LloydsTSB credit cards were a bit of a bind, as they kept writing saying we are going to default/flay/crucify you and terminate your account, but they did not default. Instead they passed to their own internal and external menacers. A whole year passed before the default was placed n the CRA report, wherein just one nominal payment was made at month 5. The default appeared when it went to Wescot, whom I ignored. Not heard a squeak since. Perhaps they checked and found no documents.

A year! Blimey. When did you CCA request them? I have 2 accounts that haven't defaulted yet, both pre 2007.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

LloydsTSB credit cards were a bit of a bind, as they kept writing saying we are going to default/flay/crucify you and terminate your account, but they did not default. Instead they passed to their own internal and external menacers. A whole year passed before the default was placed n the CRA report, wherein just one nominal payment was made at month 5. The default appeared when it went to Wescot, whom I ignored. Not heard a squeak since. Perhaps they checked and found no documents.

Leave a comment:

• 5corpio
    replied

last payment when it kicks in - 6 years England and Wales - 5 Years Scotland (or depending where CC company registered at)

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Fingers crossed Enforcer xxxx

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

We would be SB now too had we found this site sooner but we didn't know anything about UE and were petrified of the creditors . We would have had our debts SB in 2012 - but we joined payplan and although it eased our burden a lot we wish we had found this site - but we are getting there . Ours are SB in July 2018 so not long now and the time flies by .

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    Congrats Julian,
    I am getting there, Crap 1 gone, Barclaycard gone, Lloyd's now past the 6 year mark, only Barclays advance account left, taken back in house and absolutely no chance, just waiting, no letters or phone calls lovely feeling! I remember the stress and worries of years ago. Without the help of this forum, and especially Niddy, don't know where I would have been.Did pay Northern Rock as I believed it was enforceable although in hindsight maybe not.
    To anyone on the UE journey, take advice from the members, you will get through it.
    Thanks to everyone for the help and advice given.
    Just opened the post, letter from Cabot Financial regarding Lloyds TSB credit card, WE ARE CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT! Must have realised we are now SB.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
    Hi,
    Go to diaries and the SB diary is on page 2.ps go to main page down to UE diaries then page 2
    Got it! Thanks! http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...22436-About-SB

Leave a comment:

• helmsman
    replied

Originally posted by sebaab View Post
    Thanks. SB diary? I spent quite a while trying to find that information yesterday but couldn't. Prob just me being thick!
    Hi,
    Go to diaries and the SB diary is on page 2.ps go to main page down to UE diaries then page 2

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
    Hi,
    6 years 1month from last payment, and 6 years from cause of action (COA is a disputable point) Niddy has written the dates on SB diary.
    Helmsman.
    Thanks. SB diary? I spent quite a while trying to find that information yesterday but couldn't. Prob just me being thick!

Leave a comment:

• helmsman
    replied

Originally posted by sebaab View Post
    Congrats! I've only just seen this. You must be over the moon. Looking forward to SB myself one day. When does the 6 years SB start from? Is it the last payment you made or the first default date or both? Thanks
    Hi,
    6 years 1month from last payment, and 6 years from cause of action (COA is a disputable point) Niddy has written the dates on SB diary.
    Helmsman.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Congrats! I've only just seen this. You must be over the moon. Looking forward to SB myself one day. When does the 6 years SB start from? Is it the last payment you made or the first default date or both? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Yes it is Pixie. I was fighting so many battles, juggling loads of accounts and unfortunately it just seemed safe and easy to ignore the 'nice' ones, who are no longer so nice now that I'm questioning them!

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing Cym?! I only had a few months between mine as I couldn't face sending all the cca requests (and the ensuing letters) at once. I don't know what I was worried about!

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Scorpio that sounds like a brilliant success story with a great outcome.

All my defaults have cleared, but l was an idiot and as a couple of companies were nice I didn't start UE with them, so will be battling for another few years!

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

I love this thread xxxx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X