GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Urgent Help: Fredrickson International threatening action - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent Help: Fredrickson International threatening action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help: Fredrickson International threatening action

Hi everyone,

Fredrickson International are threatening action for an old credit card debt which I believe is close to SB.
    I need some urgent advise about sending off a CCA request, what I would like to know :-

1) What precautions do I need to take with the £1 postal order in order to avoid it being credited to my account as payment, ie do I cross it as account payee only etc. I ask this as from experience I know it can end up being credited to the account and I need to ensure this does not happen here.

2) What precautions do I take with the actual CCA request to ensure it does not end up count as an acknowledgement of debt.

Help guys I am out of time and I need to send off this request off tomorrow without delay, I am in a right panic!!

Kind Regards

megabyte

Re: Urgent Help: Fredrickson International threatening action

you just need to use our CCA request, it's been written to make sure you are not acknowledging the debt, it works trust me

Comment

So, in line with these (FCA CONC) guidelines, and the Consumer Credit Act, please find attached my £1 payment, which is the statutory fee to request any such documentation regards this account - note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

The above is in the template letter ...so as Mrs D said just send that ......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Make sure its recorded to be signed for xxxx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by megabyte View Post
          Fredrickson International are threatening action for an old credit card debt which I believe is close to SB.
          I need some urgent advise about sending off a CCA request, what I would like to know :-

1) What precautions do I need to take with the £1 postal order in order to avoid it being credited to my account as payment, ie do I cross it as account payee only etc. I ask this as from experience I know it can end up being credited to the account and I need to ensure this does not happen here.

2) What precautions do I take with the actual CCA request to ensure it does not end up count as an acknowledgement of debt.

Help guys I am out of time and I need to send off this request off tomorrow without delay, I am in a right panic!!
          . . . and breathe . . .

Never let a DCA make you panic into doing something which may not be in your best interests.

Before you do anything (I do hope I'm not too late to post this) can you answer the following questions.

1. Have you previously sent the creditor a CCA request?

2. If so what did you get from them in response?

3. Who was the original creditor if the debt been sold on to a debt purchaser?

My point is if you sent a CCA request light years ago and the creditor didn't comply with that request then it may not be wise to send a new one while they are in default of the first one because you don't want to give the current creditor (if the debt has been sold) a second chance to put things right.

Sometimes if a debt is sold on the debt purchaser doesn't have access to the same information as the original creditor (if you follow me).

So give us more background before you do anything in case another template letter could do the trick.

Plan B x

Comment

Fredrickson International are threatening action for an old credit card debt which I believe is close to SB
            When will this debt be statute barred?

The answer to that question could dictate your next move.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              . . . and breathe . . .

Never let a DCA make you panic into doing something which may not be in your best interests.

Before you do anything (I do hope I'm not too late to post this) can you answer the following questions.

1. Have you previously sent the creditor a CCA request?

2. If so what did you get from them in response?

3. Who was the original creditor if the debt been sold on to a debt purchaser?

My point is if you sent a CCA request light years ago and the creditor didn't comply with that request then it may not be wise to send a new one while they are in default of the first one because you don't want to give the current creditor (if the debt has been sold) a second chance to put things right.

Sometimes if a debt is sold on the debt purchaser doesn't have access to the same information as the original creditor (if you follow me).

So give us more background before you do anything in case another template letter could do the trick.

Plan B x

Hi everyone,

1) previous CCA request done in 2010.
              2) recieved an application form and terms and conditions.
              3) original debt is with MBNA credit card.

the other thing here is that I understand that CCA requests payments are not supposed to be used as payment but from previous experience they are credited to the account. So I still need to know what I need to mark or endorse on the postal order in order to prevent it from being used as payment.

The debt may already be statue barred.
              Some quick advise will be appreciated here.

Kind regards

PHANTOM

Comment

1) previous CCA request done in 2010.
                2) recieved an application form and terms and conditions.
                3) original debt is with MBNA credit card.

the other thing here is that I understand that CCA requests payments are not supposed to be used as payment but from previous experience they are credited to the account.
                It's hard to give help or 'quick advice' in an information vacuum so please provide a bit more detail.

Did you show the CCA response you got in 2010 to Niddy to assess? If so what did he say? If it was it may/may not be wise to leave it that way and send a different template letter depending on what stage things are at with the current owner of the debt.

Frederickson do buy debt but they also act as a DCA on behalf of creditors so what is the situation at the moment? They sometimes use Bryan Carter to litigate on their behalf so who is writing to you and why/what is the deadline which has caused you, by your own admission, to panic?

It's true that the £1 fee sent with a CCA request cannot be used for any other purpose in order to scupper a SB deadline for a debt which is why that's clearly stated in the AAD template CCA request letter.

Plan B x

Comment

It's hard to give help or 'quick advice' in an information vacuum so please provide a bit more detail.

Did you show the CCA response you got in 2010 to Niddy to assess? If so what did he say? If it was it may/may not be wise to leave it that way and send a different template letter depending on what stage things are at with the current owner of the debt.

Frederickson do buy debt but they also act as a DCA on behalf of creditors so what is the situation at the moment? They sometimes use Bryan Carter to litigate on their behalf so who is writing to you and why/what is the deadline which has caused you, by your own admission, to panic?

It's true that the £1 fee sent with a CCA request cannot be used for any other purpose in order to scupper a SB deadline for a debt which is why that's clearly stated in the AAD template CCA request letter.

Plan B x
                  Hi everyone. Thanks for the advise.
                  The panic is plan b that I was given by 18/0216, to respond by Drydens fairfax solicitors.
                  Who are they anybody and had any experience with them??

If a CCA request doesn't affect SB status then I would like to send one off or alternatively advise please.

kind regards
                  megabyte

Comment

The panic is plan b that I was given by 18/0216, to respond by Drydens fairfax solicitors.

If a CCA request doesn't affect SB status then I would like to send one off
                    Okay, we've finally got there

From what you say you may have received a LBA from Drydens Fairfax solicitors.

In which case my feeling is you should send the AAD LBA response letter to them as quickly as possible (do you have access to a fax tomorrow morning?) > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495044

At the same time I would send a CCA request to the creditor albeit it's still unclear who the creditor is (who is it?).

Make sure you state in the LBA response letter which you send to Drydens solicitors that you have sent a CCA request to the creditor (their client). Maybe enclose/fax a copy of it to them too.

How much is the debt?

Don't worry about who you should/shouldn't put on the postal order - just get everything in the post pronto. Drydens like to litigate but you can frustrate that it you keep one step ahead of the game.

Good Luck

Plan B x

Comment

Okay, we've finally got there

From what you say you may have received a LBA from Drydens Fairfax solicitors.

In which case my feeling is you should send the AAD LBA response letter to them as quickly as possible (do you have access to a fax tomorrow morning?) > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495044

At the same time I would send a CCA request to the creditor albeit it's still unclear who the creditor is (who is it?).

Make sure you state in the LBA response letter which you send to Drydens solicitors that you have sent a CCA request to the creditor (their client). Maybe enclose/fax a copy of it to them too.

How much is the debt?

Don't worry about who you should/shouldn't put on the postal order - just get everything in the post pronto. Drydens like to litigate but you can frustrate that it you keep one step ahead of the game.

Good Luck

Plan B x

Hi everyone,

Done the above. Just gonna wait to see what happens next.
                      Thanks for the help PLAN B.

In the meantime, what I would like to now is what to do in the event that the statuatory £1 payment is used as payment to account. I appreciate that the creditors are not supposed to do that, but from previous experience I know that they do.
                      some advice on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards
                      megabyte

Comment

Crediter does sometimes add the fee to the account. But that's not an acknowledgement of the debt nor is it a payment towards it. If they were to argue that point it would be in court after a claim form. Aad would guide you at that point. But the main thing is it will not work in their favour to argue it. It's just a tactic they try to break someone who doesn't have a clue. But as your here we wouldn't let that happen.

Comment

Working...
                        X